Thread: return tickets and CFO

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Unhappy return tickets and CFO

Hi all - bad evening as I joined this forum too late to find important news :(
    After being caught by the recent UK under-21 rules so that my filipina wife has had to be in Manila the last 7 months, we celebrated this week hearing that she had been given settlement visa and have booked I fear a non-refundable air ticket and holiday hotels in UK for her birthday later this week when she was to fly in.
    Now it seems that she wont be able to use her ticket as she needs this CFO sticker and I dont think 4 days will be enough (wedding cert needs authentication by NSO, plus course seems to require 5 days notice)
    She will be so upset when I phone her in 3 hrs when she wakes up - but she had a friend who got into USA on fiance visa and had made no mention of this CFO business and of course the embassy peeps had said nothing.
    Oh I am waffling sry - just wanted to ask if when we finally get together do I still need to buy her a "return ticket" booked for 2011 when her settlement visa runs out - it would seem stupid but I have learnt to trust nothing.

Hi, welcome in here
    Do not loose all hope yet - when is your wifeys flight scheduled for?
    As far as I know from our own experience there is no need for 5 days notice for CFO - my fiancee just turned up in there in the morning (about 8 - 9 am in Manila).
    Unfortunately it looks like yhat she will have to present her NSO copy of marriage certificate
    Wish you good luck in your quest...
    Jiri & Maricel

My fiancee went to CFO the day after she got her Visa and went through the seminar the same day. No booking required.
    The CFO website is abominable!
    Conflicting information at best, and downright wrong in most cases.
    I dont know about the wedding certificate authentication, but she should be able to do the seminar on Tuesday morning if she can make it there.

Good luck!
    'The mind is like a parachute - It works best when its OPEN'

If you find my posts useful, amusing or interesting please feel free to add to my reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MarBell379 View Post
    I dont know about the wedding certificate authentication, but she should be able to do the seminar on Tuesday morning if she can make it there.
    I think that in one of the threads about CFO someone (one of the ladies in here) said they are doing UK all the week now - not sure about it as my fiancee attended the seminar Tuesday anyway.
    I guess this is another bit of info where CFO site is misleading.
    If I'm wrong please somebody correct me
    Jiri & Maricel

Oh she's booked to leave in four days
    Its the website for the seminars that says at least 5 days notice - though perhaps she can sweetalk her way in earlier.

Admission to the seminar requires the UK wedding cert authenticated by the NSO (while u wait or multiday?) She will try tomorrow. Tx for good wishes

Thank you marbell. My wife had 6 months in uk last year on fiance visa and there was no problem at airport with absence of a CFO sticker but tonight on here I have become aware that all fiances and spouses seem to require the thing grr.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendelsohn View Post
    ...had made no mention of this CFO business and of course the embassy peeps had said nothing...
    just wanted to ask if when we finally get together do I still need to buy her a "return ticket" booked for 2011 when her settlement visa runs out.
    Embassy has NOTHING to do with CFO as it is Republic of Philippines own regulation (read: way how to suck more money of people leaving the country)
    Really NO need for return ticket...
    Just wonder how you would book that

Oh she's booked to leave in four days
    Its the website for the seminars that says at least 5 days notice - though perhaps she can sweetalk her way in earlier.

Admission to the seminar requires the UK wedding cert authenticated by the NSO (while u wait or multiday?) She will try tomorrow. Tx for good wishes
    Take a look at the CFO web in here CFO Manila - spouses and fiancées - beware of some misleading info there but you can get a picture how it generally goes.
    Repeat - no need for the notice, my fiancée has been through it not so long ago (some 3-4 weeks now) and it was enough for her to show up there in the morning.
    And yes - it is done in one day (couple of hours, she should be "free" in the afternoon
    Jiri & Maricel

Thank you marbell. My wife had 6 months in uk last year on fiance visa and there was no problem at airport with absence of a CFO sticker but tonight on here I have become aware that all fiances and spouses seem to require the thing grr.
    What???
    I do not mean to be nosey - but when she's been in UK on fiancee visa why you didn't applied for FLR (further leave to remain) from inside the UK after you marriage then?
    Jiri & Maricel

Tx Ji&ma - We married four days before the end of her visa stay in UK - and the FLR needed a minimum of one month. We thought it would just mean a month back in Ppines but the new age 21 structure had then become law.

Tx Ji&ma - We married four days before the end of her visa stay in UK - and the FLR needed a minimum of one month. We thought it would just mean a month back in Ppines but the new age 21 structure had then become law.
    Ahh OK - I see now, what a pity, thats what I call "bad timing" (no offence please)...
    Wish you and your wife good luck with CFO tomorrow or Tues (if you want "sure" hit) so she can join you in UK soon

P.S. Keep us informed...
    Jiri & Maricel

Hi Mendelsohn,
    Welcome to the forum. I don't understand, I would have thought that even the CFO would accept a British marriage certificate without it having to be authenticated by NSO. I mean how will the NSO authenticate it if the marriage took place in the UK.
    I would tell her to call them up and find out if they will accept it....... mind you, the ladies at the CFO are not exactly known for being helpful or accomodating.
    Iain.

Hi all - bad evening as I joined this forum too late to find important news :(
    After being caught by the recent UK under-21 rules so that my filipina wife has had to be in Manila the last 7 months, we celebrated this week hearing that she had been given settlement visa and have booked I fear a non-refundable air ticket and holiday hotels in UK for her birthday later this week when she was to fly in.
    Now it seems that she wont be able to use her ticket as she needs this CFO sticker and I dont think 4 days will be enough (wedding cert needs authentication by NSO, plus course seems to require 5 days notice)
    She will be so upset when I phone her in 3 hrs when she wakes up - but she had a friend who got into USA on fiance visa and had made no mention of this CFO business and of course the embassy peeps had said nothing.
    Oh I am waffling sry - just wanted to ask if when we finally get together do I still need to buy her a "return ticket" booked for 2011 when her settlement visa runs out - it would seem stupid but I have learnt to trust nothing.
    CFO seminar doesnt require 5 day notice.Actually i phoned them about that and they said you could just come without appointment.

About the marriage certificate, she could show the UK certificate and tell them that it is authentic and her visa was approved by the embassy.Wedding certificate needs to be authenticated by the NSO if the marriage was solemnized in the Philippines.She could tell them that she will register your marriage in the Philippine Embassy London when she arrives here in UK.

Newbie (Restricted Access) John@Roselyn's Avatar

stuff

Hi there.
    My wife called the CFO yesterday for an appointment. They said just turn up, so she went this morning.
    They told her there was no need to sit through the PDOS, as she had already attended the Counseling at SMEF-COW. They checked all her docs, took the fee and gave her the official stamp complete with emigrant number and all that good stuff..... Job done. One-way flight booked for 25 Oct...

Its seems it is only the money-making aspect of the fee they really care about (shock, horror!!). Ive never really understood what can possibly be learned from a seminar given by someone who hasnt even travelled outside of the Philippines. Seems equally as ludicrous as us having to attend a family planning seminar at our ages!

You wont be able to book a return ticket 2 years in advance my friend! The airlines accept a one-way booking for a Phils passport holder with a settlement visa , (although you would need a return ticket on any short-stay visa if you are a non-EU passport holder.)

Thread Information