Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bonnie Scotland

Incidentally 9:00 there is a programme on STV about Scotland right now - SCOTLAND REVEALED. If you miss it or are not in that region, you can view it here:

STV page
    STV Player (you will need flash plugin and good connection)
    http://player.stv.tv/programmes/scot...09-09-24-2100/
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Thanks Gary,I will have a look Scotlands scenery is stunning to be frank,the caithness/sutherland areas are fantastic once your on the A9

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Jim,those pics are awesome,you caught the light just right as Gary said,you havent one of Glencoe have you?
    Thanks Tawi, sadly I don't think I have anything in digital form and I'm not sure what I have in my film archives.

I've driven on the roads up there on several car meets with my mates and taken loads of shots but we had to concentrate rather hard to stay on the road and we didn't stop that often

I have a friend who has some seriously stunning digital work that includes Glencoe but he's in the business and his work is copyright so I would be reluctant to post on here.

Here's another few.

This is one of mine, an unusual take on Loch Fyne

Kodachrome almost correctly exposed for the subject which was the sun a touch of astro photography

And this one is another from the same vantage point as that Port Glasgow sunset, I used to live very close to here.

Loch Awe Argyll

Loch Lyon, bigger shot because you need the size to appreciate the light, not so nice in the smaller size this was taken on my final drive with my mates round the north before I sold the car.

We were seriously committed to touring Scotland

Mine was the yellow one, I had so much fun seeing Scotland in that car

Jim

Banned
    wow... nice place for a honeymoon... hehehe...

aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnn... wala lang.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    I was really fascinated with the beauty of Scotland esp in the higlands, lochs and coast ( west ) that i keep telling my husband i can leave happily there everytime we passed the house next to the place we stayed.

When we stopped for a few mins at Callander ive seen an Asian lady with her hubby i think and when we get to our destination ive seen more and more some were settled already there Nice to see Asian smiling back at you never had the chance to chat really as we are struggling with the boys

Is anyone here from Oban? Callander? Tobermory?

I just love the place
    Hi Ann, Scotland is really beautiful! My hubby keeps telling me. My Hubby live in East Nuke, Hopefully we will all be there before Christmas. First time I will experience white Christmas!!

Banned
    Try the Moray coast sometime, especially Cullen, home of the famous 'Cullen skink.'
    it's a VERY filling fish soup. No main course needed!

Banned
    Been in Pitlochry few times just during my first year stay in the UK (2007), we stayed at Loch Rannoch Hotel and Tummel Valley Lodge. Nice boating all over the loch! Also seen Glenshee, Aviemore and more places. Lovely Scotland!

I want other places to explore!

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    wow... nice place for a honeymoon... hehehe...

aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnn... wala lang.... lol

sige sige Florge

Quote Originally Posted by scottishbride View Post
    Hi Ann, Scotland is really beautiful! My hubby keeps telling me. My Hubby live in East Nuke, Hopefully we will all be there before Christmas. First time I will experience white Christmas!!
    You wont be disappointed sis...your hubby is right Goodluck to your family

@ JIM- That is very beautiful thanks
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Thumbs up

Ok my turn for some pictures i had. Not bad with the sky pictures. I attach a few photos of Firth of Forth on the Forth day before the Fifth, so you can see across to Edinburgh. I took them on the train.

First picture is on the train looking across, Inchgarvie down below.
    Other two pictures sunrise over the Estuary traveling along the tracks towards Edinburgh. Check my profile for the bigger versions

Here is a video of driving through GlencoeDriving through Glencoe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    Ok my turn for some pictures i had. Not bad with the sky pictures. I attach a few photos of Firth of Forth on the Forth day before the Fifth, so you can see across to Edinburgh. I took them on the train.

Other two pictures sunrise over the Estuary traveling along the tracks towards Edinburgh. Check my profile for the bigger versions

Bonnie bonnie Gary Thanks
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    Thanks Tawi, sadly I don't think I have anything in digital form and I'm not sure what I have in my film archives.

I've driven on the roads up there on several car meets with my mates and taken loads of shots but we had to concentrate rather hard to stay on the road and we didn't stop that often

I have a friend who has some seriously stunning digital work that includes Glencoe but he's in the business and his work is copyright so I would be reluctant to post on here.

Here's another few.

Kodachrome almost correctly exposed for the subject which was the sun a touch of astro photography

And this one is another from the same vantage point as that Port Glasgow sunset, I used to live very close to here.

Loch Awe Argyll

Loch Lyon, bigger shot because you need the size to appreciate the light, not so nice in the smaller size this was taken on my final drive with my mates round the north before I sold the car.

Jim
    Marvellouslly atmospheric photgraphy, Jim! ... thanks for sharing with your friends and co-forumers.

Other two pictures sunrise over the Estuary traveling along the tracks
    towards Edinburgh. Check my profile for the bigger versions
    Great photography Gary!

And the video of Glencoe, too ... it's like the viewer is actually THERE!

Respected Member

Nice shots Gary but you need a better camera mate

Direct into the sun shots are hard for any camera but the dynamic range is just not there on a compact.

The video was good , I have some good driving vids from the north like that but I have nowhere to host them and I'm not comfortable with youtube.

Jim

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Marvellouslly atmospheric photgraphy, Jim! ... thanks for sharing with your friends and co-forumers.
    Thanks Arthur

Cheers
    Jim

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post

Here's another few.

Loch Awe Argyll

Jim
    Wow!!! nice cars!!! Can you still see that view if you are roaming around scotland by train? Our pics from Loch Rannoch Hotel overlooking Schiehallion Mountain, and boating all over lochs with Dad and hubby
    Attached Images Attached Images

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    Wow!!! nice cars!!! Can you still see that view if you are roaming around scotland by train? Our pics from Loch Rannoch Hotel overlooking Schiehallion Mountain, and boating all over lochs with Dad and hubby
    They're just Honda's Penny, very nice Honda's it has to be said, but completely the wrong car for driving in the snow plus we had a crazy Scottish rule which was - top down whatever the weather

I think the best views are to be found by road or on foot there are a great many single track roads running through the mountains particularly in the far north up past Inverness.

By train, well the west highland line is reputed to be really stunning, I've not been on it since I was a child so I don't remember much. The West Highland line is what you see in the Harry Potter movies I believe. The trains don't cover so much of the country any more.

Jim

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    Looks like you had fun in Scotland Penny but it looks a bit cold

Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information