Thread: Flooding - Pampanga

Respected Member

Flooding - Pampanga

I am surprised more people are not posting about their families and the effects of the typhoon. I hope all of your loved ones are OK.

In Angeles my gf is having a hard time. Muddy water entered her room. No tap water or electricity for 2 days. Streets full of mud. It has rained pretty much non stop in Pampanga for about 30 days and still raining last night. The day of the typhoon was not as bad as in Manila, but the real impact is because of very long term rainfall.

I have heard another typhoon is on its way. Gf is on standby to be evacuated to a nearby school if it hits.

Ian

Respected Member
    “All our roads are passable and our electric and water utilities have been restored,” he said, adding that after their meeting at the City Disaster Coordinating Council, city officials will distribute relief goods for affected families in Arayat and San Fernando.
    Oh, thats OK then!

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    Oh, thats OK then!
    Any news Ian? Jessica is in Angeles too, I wish that everything is ok.
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

The Wifes family have been affected but should be ok long term. Hoping Ian's Mahal and Jessica and all Phills will soon be OK.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Respected Member
    Sad to hear that your gf got affected by the flood Ian, but what's important is she's safe and unharmed
    and hopefully the other typhoon on the way won't push through anymore....
    all the flood victims had been through the worst already, specially the ones in metro manila who got affected the most.....

My family and relatives back home were all ok and were not affected by the wrath of "ondoy".....
    but my heart goes for all the victims of this tragedy.....i saw the news coverage in abs-cbn and it was grieving to watch
    how this people suffered, lost everything they had and some even lost their loved ones.....very sad indeed.....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

they have told my asawa that the power cud be out for months...and they will be turning the water supplies off soon too......i feel so helpless here....i told her to stay indoors keep our anak inside too...and now another storm on the way.........she has had no power for the last 5 days and nights...she has 3 other families moved in to her home...including a pregnant relative....the good news in the baby was born...i think they will call the baby audrey....but she is tiny...only a few pounds....god help them and all the people in the philippines....they are all in our thoughts and prayers....
    POWER TO THE PEACEFUL. MABUHAY IRELAND AND PHILIPPINES

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    I am surprised more people are not posting about their families and the effects of the typhoon. I hope all of your loved ones are OK.

In Angeles my gf is having a hard time. Muddy water entered her room. No tap water or electricity for 2 days. Streets full of mud. It has rained pretty much non stop in Pampanga for about 30 days and still raining last night. The day of the typhoon was not as bad as in Manila, but the real impact is because of very long term rainfall.

I have heard another typhoon is on its way. Gf is on standby to be evacuated to a nearby school if it hits.

Ian
    where here in angeles at the minute hubby and i are gonna stay here until oct 17.when we arrive here after that scary flight at clarck theres no electric.the hotel where we stay used generator.the rains are heavy sometimes its stop.but since where here i didnt see any floods in this areai been to dfa clarck to renew my passport,been to LTO in dau i didnt see any floods,been to sm clarck no floodswhich part of angeles is ur gf at?coz where here in swiss chalet hotel now.at this time just awake its very hot[sunny]aye,in the news/pagasa said another thypoons are coming.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    I called BPI in Cainta Rizal (St John's branch) yesterday. They confirmed their ATM was back on line, so we are able to send some money at last. The problem is, as we understand it, there is relatively little food available and prices have risen !

A relative is taking a long bus ride today to take some food to other relatives in Cainta

Banned
    Like I have posted b4, Our farm was affected but thanks God, we have just harvested the crops before the typoon came. My house is not affected as it's in the higher level. I have picked all the mangoes before I flew to UK too.
    Still floody in some areas in Binan and San Pedro which is close to Laguna de Bay. I am praying for their recovery.

Respected Member
    Sorry to hear about the suffering of your friends and families. I sent some money today and I hope she can pick it up before the next Typhoon hits on Saturday. The water outside her house has gone down a bit, but still no drinking water. I am quite worried and I wish she would go somewhere else to stay with a friend.

There is an issue that so much aid is focussed on Manila. Also I worry that people will forget the Philippines after the recent tragedies in Samoa and Indonesia.

Respected Member
    hello everyone!

my family are in angeles too... but i'm so glad they are fine and no flood in our area

hope your loveones are in ssafe condition too!

cheers!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana_may365 View Post
    where here in angeles at the minute hubby and i are gonna stay here until oct 17.when we arrive here after that scary flight at clarck theres no electric.the hotel where we stay used generator.the rains are heavy sometimes its stop.but since where here i didnt see any floods in this areai been to dfa clarck to renew my passport,been to LTO in dau i didnt see any floods,been to sm clarck no floodswhich part of angeles is ur gf at?coz where here in swiss chalet hotel now.at this time just awake its very hot[sunny]aye,in the news/pagasa said another thypoons are coming.
    glad u r okay sis!
    i miss angeles so much. have a lovely holiday despite the typhoons there!

send some flying kissess to my family there

Thread Information