Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Age Difference... When Is Too Much Just Too Much..??

Natures rule is that the male selects the most fertile and strong female, age is never an issue with living animals.

A human male with an older woman is usually a sign he is not seeking children.
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    And so younger females with older men are seeking..? Money? Not always. I had a gf who had previously been in a relationship with a guy 25 years older. When I questioned her about it, how she could be attracted to somebody that much older than her her answer was simple - "He had a good heart"

Regardless of age, isn't that what all women want from their man?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    I've come across these kinds of discussions before, and usually find that those who have such a problem with age gaps are normally snobs who have nothing better to do than gossip. Bit of a cliche but age is just a number. I've been in a relationship with a lady many years older than myself, and am now courting a girl 15 years younger. It's what works for both parties at the time.

You don't choose who you fall for, but obviously a lot of these Phil/foreign big age gap relationships are born out of desperation rather than love.
    I'm going to make a lot of friends here but, what the hell
    So Triple 5 your relationship is born out of love the rest of us mere mortals are desparado's!!
    May I say how conceited your post and many others who agree comes across. I hope you all prove me wrong in your answers.

I frankly don't give a monkeys t_ _ _ what people who feel fit to judge think.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Personally, i feel no one is in the position to question or judge people about their relationship preferences in particular about the age thing......
    To each his own and whatever works for others, so be it.....we are all entitled to our own individual choices.....

If you read the thread, you will notice that no one is judging the individuals involved in these generation gap relationships. Its trying to understand the reasons and motives for such relationships, which, however you try and approach the subject is frowned upon in the UK, and when you get to 27 -30 year age gap is pretty much socially unacceptable..

AJ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Natures rule is that the male selects the most fertile and strong female, age is never an issue with living animals.

Either that or a ''Mama's boy''..plenty on here me thinks

Woah guys........cant help thinking this thread is going downhill fast. An emotive subject, with negative vibes all over it. If you're in love with that special one and you know its real then dont add any fuel.....

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayjay View Post
    If you read the thread, you will notice that no one is judging the individuals involved in these generation gap relationships. Its trying to understand the reasons and motives for such relationships, which, however you try and approach the subject is frowned upon in the UK, and when you get to 27 -30 year age gap is pretty much socially unacceptable..

AJ
    Point taken
    My statement was actually meant as a general statement, not directed to you.....
    since i am aware at how this type of relationships (with huge age gaps) are being judged and question a lot of times, in general, by most people....
    My only point is, if other people opt for that then i respect that....if it works for them, then so be it....
    I don't have to look for reasons to understand why and what their motives are.....that just my opinion though.....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

AJ
    I don't remember the majority frowning over Princess Di/Charles, nor Gordon Brown/Sarah It just isn't the issue to the vast majority in this country, only an out-of-date minority.
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Point taken
    My statement was actually meant as a general statement, not directed to you.....
    since i am aware at how this type of relationships (with huge age gaps) is being judged and question a lot of times, in general, by most people....
    My only point is, if other people opt for that then i respect that....if it works for them, then so be it....
    I don't have to look for reasons to understand why and what their motives are.....that just my opinion though.....
    Hi Sophie,

Thanks for this.. and yes; your opinion has just a much weight as mine or anybody else's.

AJ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnowing View Post
    I don't remember the majority frowning over Princess Di/Charles, nor Gordon Brown/Sarah It just isn't the issue to the vast majority in this country, only an out-of-date minority.
    Not really, Pepe pretty much summarised this issue when he described the behaviour of individuals in different social groups.. and how the accepted norm can become distorted.

AJ

Banned
    I noticed on the "Introduce Yourself" thread yet another young 20 year old female student hooking up with a 47 year old boyfriend... 27 year age gap...

In my opinion this is out of line, and the guy should get a grip and look for someone in his own age bracket.. indeed in this case his own generation..

When is too much just too much....?? Surely this is..??

AJ
    This is your opinion, not the countries opinion, yours only. I detect some ''back peddling'' on your thread starter.

If you are going to start a thread like this, for goodness sake stay true to your first statement don't bow to the others!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    This is your opinion, not the countries opinion, yours only. I detect some ''back peddling'' on your thread starter.

If you are going to start a thread like this, for goodness sake stay true to your first statement don't bow to the others!
    Your detecion equipment is malfunctioning..

AJ

Banned
    Your detecion equipment is malfunctioning..

AJ
    I don't think so. One only has to read what you have posted from the start of this thread.
    ''only your opinion'' to the extent it's ''the UK's opinion''. May be in your neighbourhood it is, may be in your local public house it is or, may be in your social circle it is.
    For me and I guess nearly all the western/Phil relationships it's not.
    I'm guessing that many of these relationships do have bigger age gaps the western/western relationships, I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong.

Banned
    I don't think so. One only has to read what you have posted from the start of this thread.
    ''only your opinion'' to the extent it's ''the UK's opinion''. May be in your neighbourhood it is, may be in your local public house it is or, may be in your social circle it is.
    For me and I guess nearly all the western/Phil relationships it's not.
    I'm guessing that many of these relationships do have bigger age gaps the western/western relationships, I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong.
    I would suggest to you that most people in this country would consider an age gap of 27 - 30 years to be socially unacceptable, and that the relationship is driven by considerations other that that of the purest romance..

Again this is an opinion as opposed to a statement of fact..

AJ

Banned
    I would suggest to you that most people in this country would consider an age gap of 27 - 30 years to be socially unacceptable, and that the relationship is driven by considerations other that that of the purest romance..

Again this is an opinion as opposed to a statement of fact..

AJ
    OK, at least we all know where you stand on this issue. Have a nice life

Banned
    I'm going to make a lot of friends here but, what the hell
    So Triple 5 your relationship is born out of love the rest of us mere mortals are desparado's!!
    May I say how conceited your post and many others who agree comes across. I hope you all prove me wrong in your answers.

I frankly don't give a monkeys t_ _ _ what people who feel fit to judge think.
    Whoa, somebody's a little sensitive. At no point did I say I was in love, neither did I say everybody else is desperate. Reread - but obviously a lot of these Phil/foreign big age gap relationships are born out of desperation rather than love.

I was just stating the obvious facts. Are you trying to say that all Phil/foreign relationships with a huge age gap are true love??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    Whoa, somebody's a little sensitive. At no point did I say I was in love, neither did I say everybody else is desperate. Reread - but obviously a lot of these Phil/foreign big age gap relationships are born out of desperation rather than love.

I was just stating the obvious facts. Are you trying to say that all Phil/foreign relationships with a huge age gap are true love??

if i was 70 yo and alone and for whatever reason could get a 20yo partner i really wouldnt care what anyone else thought-even if it was only short lived

Banned
    Wether the age gaps are socially acceptable or not in the UK or in the west in general, I don't give a monkey.

I personally reckon, that regardless of love or "desperation", as someone puts it, the union can be very successful.

And apart from one or three instances I haven't come across any other divorces yet in the Phil-Brit community.
    I am not saying that it is not happening, but any stats anyone may uncover will say that the relationships are much stronger and really solid, compared to Brit-brit or Brit- whatever.

I personally do love my wife and I know for a fact that she does love me in return.
    http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...eshock1415.flv

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Wether the age gaps are socially acceptable or not in the UK or in the west in general, I don't give a monkey.

I personally reckon, that regardless of love or "desperation", as someone puts it, the union can be very successful.

And apart from one or three instances I haven't come across any other divorces yet in the Phil-Brit community.
    I am not saying that it is not happening, but any stats anyone may uncover will say that the relationships are much stronger and really solid, compared to Brit-brit or Brit- whatever.

I personally do love my wife and I know for a fact that she does love me in return.
    http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...eshock1415.flv
    very well said mod dom
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

my late wife was 10 yrs older, my present wife is 10 yrs younger. neither of them married me out of desperation but for who i am. i wont be judged and i wont judge others for their choice of partner if it is for the right reasons. the one thing that did annoy me in the airport in manila was seeing young girls walking behind much older men who obviously had no real respect for them, they were just trophy wives/girlfriends

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven View Post
    the one thing that did annoy me in the airport in manila was seeing young girls walking behind much older men who obviously had no real respect for them, they were just trophy wives/girlfriends
    In this sad instance I do agree, it can be seen as blatant exploitation and should be monitored or curtailed. As such behaviour, by the few, can tar real relationships with the same brush.

12 per 1000 of Brit-Brit marriages end in divorce, although the overall divorce rate in the UK has recently dropped 0.2% per 1000.

According to recent large case studies no matter what the age gap is, the divorce rate is constant.
    Keith - Administrator

Respected Member
    It's very dependant on the situation, if the girl is under 25 and the guy is over 40, then they aren't going to have a lot in common and realistically the relationship is going to be purely needs/wants driven.
    I think when people get older then the age gap doesn't make that much of a difference, they'll have a lot more to talk about and relate to. So for a 27 year old with a 50 year old, I dont think thats such a big deal. But a 50 year old with a 22 year old seems a bit sick to be fair.
    My fiance is 8 years older then me, works well for both of us!

Hypothetical situation,your daughter 24 years old,apple of your eye,just finished Uni with her whole life ahead of her tells you she has a guy,she brings him home to meet the family,he is older than you,in his mid 50's,whats your reaction?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    It's very dependant on the situation, if the girl is under 25 and the guy is over 40, then they aren't going to have a lot in common and realistically the relationship is going to be purely needs/wants driven.
    That doesn't make sense. I'm sure most of us have good relationships with our kids and have a lot in common with them, I do with mine, and some folk would tell you their is no age difference we all behave like kids
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Hypothetical situation,your daughter 24 years old,apple of your eye,just finished Uni with her whole life ahead of her tells you she has a guy,she brings him home to meet the family,he is older than you,in his mid 50's,whats your reaction?

I would have something to say if it turned out the guy was married....

Banned
    There's no doubt there. Just watched the video. Your a lucky guy sir

As Ian will probably know, we see it all in Angeles City. But I would say this, men and women will always decide what they want themselves,regardless of race, age, language, whatever. That is how my best friend has a second cousin called Yong jug yin.
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Banned
    Rizza is 24 and I am 32... That makes me a sugar daddy

Thread Information