Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Age Difference... When Is Too Much Just Too Much..??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Rizza is 24 and I am 32... That makes me a sugar daddy
    No it does not. If you trawl this thread you will observe the discussions revolve around extended age differences typically greater than 20 years, and into trans generational marriages, and the motivation behind same..

AJ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Hypothetical situation,your daughter 24 years old,apple of your eye,just finished Uni with her whole life ahead of her tells you she has a guy,she brings him home to meet the family,he is older than you,in his mid 50's,whats your reaction?
    Hi Tawi,

Exactly, this hypothetical situation is typically made light of by those already engaged in such time shifted relationships. I suspect that if this situation presented itself within the context of a UK social environment, then the reaction would be totally different.

AJ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    if i was 70 yo and alone and for whatever reason could get a 20yo partner i really wouldnt care what anyone else thought-even if it was only short lived
    Then sir, your motives would be solely based on what you could get out of the relationship, irrespective of what your partners aspirations are. A poor result...

AJ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayjay View Post
    No it does not. If you trawl this thread you will observe the discussions revolve around extended age differences typically greater than 20 years, and into trans generational marriages, and the motivation behind same..

AJ
    AJ, I was adding a sprinkling of light humour to the thread!

Now, getting serious.

I can understand you might find an older man marrying a younger woman 'out of line', as it can be daunting to many. But we have seen it countless times in society, and not just through marriages to foreign nationals. I recall when I was about 10 years old a friend of mine used to visit his father at the weekend, his father had remarried to a woman of around 25. He was about 45 at the time! He was not rich or (to my recollection) a very good looking man. But he met and fell in love with a woman old enough to be his daughter!

Was that wrong?

Well, I am sure some people said it was. But then people like to pass their opinions around a lot and gossip about other peoples lives, and there were only two opinions that mattered.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    I personally reckon, that regardless of love or "desperation", as someone puts it, the union can be very successful
    No relationship built upon desperation will succeed in the long term. If you think that any woman would sincerely love you with a relationship so based, then sir, no offence, you are completely delusional..

AJ

Then sir, your motives would be solely based on what you could get out of the relationship, irrespective of what your partners aspirations are. A poor result...

AJ
    I think what he would get from that relationship would be a heart attack caused by boobies. Imagine, the police turning up to take a photograph of the murder weapons in question..
    Could you stand over there please.
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Banned
    Hypothetical situation,your daughter 24 years old,apple of your eye,just finished Uni with her whole life ahead of her tells you she has a guy,she brings him home to meet the family,he is older than you,in his mid 50's,whats your reaction?
    I shouldn't have had kids when I was still in my twenties

Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    I shouldn't have had kids when I was still in my twenties
    Another creepy situation was my friend married a lady of 56 and he was 26. And consequently she left her previous husband for toyboy
    She had a daughter who was 16, and thus my friend said something rather creepy: Wow she's cute.

They broke up after 1 year.

Banned
    AJ, I was adding a sprinkling of light humour to the thread!

Now, getting serious.

I can understand you might find an older man marrying a younger woman 'out of line', as it can be daunting to many. But we have seen it countless times in society, and not just through marriages to foreign nationals. I recall when I was about 10 years old a friend of mine used to visit his father at the weekend, his father had remarried to a woman of around 25. He was about 45 at the time! He was not rich or (to my recollection) a very good looking man. But he met and fell in love with a woman old enough to be his daughter!

Was that wrong?

Well, I am sure some people said it was. But then people like to pass their opinions around a lot and gossip about other peoples lives, and there were only two opinions that mattered.

Hi Northerner,

Thanks for the clarifications, unfortunately when the almighty wash dishing out humor I was at the back of the queu...

Yes indeed, we are trading in opinions on this thread, and all have equal weight..

Regards

AJ

Banned
    No relationship built upon desperation will succeed in the long term. If you think that any woman would sincerely love you with a relationship so based, then sir, no offence, you are completely delusional..

AJ
    I may well be delusional in your eyes, but I happen to know one particular couple that using the word "desperate" would be to put it mildly.

They recently had their 22nd anniversary and they have 3 kids, 20, 16, 11.
    When they married she was 21, and he was 54 year old divorced welsh farmer, and she didn't hide the fact that she wanted a passport, as she was a refugee from Uganda.

But enough of that.

You have your opinions and I respect it.

AJ were you really born in 1922?

Banned
    Hi Northerner,

Thanks for the clarifications, unfortunately when the almighty wash dishing out humor I was at the back of the queu...

Yes indeed, we are trading in opinions on this thread, and all have equal weight..

Regards

AJ
    Not all opinions have equal weight!

A devout Muslim might be of the opinion that the female form should be covered at all times to protect the gaze of any men who pass her by. A devout Christian might be of the opinion that two men cannot engage in a sexual relationship. Indeed it was once popular opinion that people of a none white colour could be sold as slaves, but it soon gave way to a new overpowering opinion.

But as a society, we try to encourage personal freedom and choice. So long as those choices harm nobody else. Therefore, if a 22 year old woman chooses to marry a 52 year old man, it is her choice and must be adhered to.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    AJ were you really born in 1922?
    Hi Guys,

No, not in 1922, its a smoke screen I disperse in order to conceal my true state of decrepitude and dilapidation..

AJ

Hi Guys,

No, not in 1922, its a smoke screen I disperse in order to conceal my true state of decrepitude and dilapidation..

AJ
    Ok enough of the smoke screen

Like I said, I saw my friend marry an older woman but it did not work out for him.What are your experiences about this subject? Stop talking like a psychiatrist. No relationship built upon desperation will succeed in the long term. If you think that any woman would sincerely love you with a relationship so based, then sir, no offence, you are completely delusional.. that will be 200 for my session please.

Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    I think what he would get from that relationship would be a heart attack caused by boobies. Imagine, the police turning up to take a photograph of the murder weapons in question..
    Could you stand over there please.

hell of a way to go tho

Banned
    Not all opinions have equal weight!

A devout Muslim might be of the opinion that the female form should be covered at all times to protect the gaze of any men who pass her by. A devout Christian might be of the opinion that two men cannot engage in a sexual relationship. Indeed it was once popular opinion that people of a none white colour could be sold as slaves, but it soon gave way to a new overpowering opinion.

But as a society, we try to encourage personal freedom and choice. So long as those choices harm nobody else. Therefore, if a 22 year old woman chooses to marry a 52 year old man, it is her choice and must be adhered to.
    An irrelevant diversion. And you choice for comparison is poor. Many Muslim women desire the freedom of choice that we enjoy in Western society. Most, Muslim societies do not take into account the feelings of the woman in such cases. In reality she would be told who she was to marry, and in some fundamentalist Islamic states would be sold into marriage.

Incidentally our troops are fighting in Afghanistan to support a regime that has recently passed into law that it is acceptable for male Shia's to deprive their wives of food if they refuse to have sex.

This forum appears to be based upon Western Christian values, and as such all opinions posted here have equal weight within this context.

It would be of no surprise to find that our opinions were unacceptable on a Hindu etc forum..

AJ

Banned
    AJ, would you support a law prohibiting marriage or sexual congress between a couple with an age gap of 20 years or over?

Banned
    AJ, would you support a law prohibiting marriage or sexual congress between a couple with an age gap of 20 years or over?
    Certainly not. As I have mentioned before we are only trading opinions on this thread..

AJ

Certainly not. As I have mentioned before we are only trading opinions on this thread..

AJ
    So, does that apply to any children you have AJ? We all know children break rules that our parents made. Emotions cannot be made law

Banned

AJ
    Then you accept that your opinion is of a lesser weight! If you are not prepared to pass a law along with your opinion, it is trivial at best..

Respected Member
    Right now under the right circumstances it might well be "Kerching...."

On the other hand if he were an over 50's bum like me, I might wonder if she had lost the plot

My 23 year old daughter has just finished Uni, has her whole life ahead of her and I respect her opinions and her choices in life, she has made very good ones so far, I will always give her advice but I will not seek to control her choices in life!

Jim

AJ
    at 70 of course it is

but tell me a 70 yo bloke that wouldnt

Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post

On the other hand if he were an over 50's bum like me, I might wonder if she had lost the plot

My 23 year old daughter has just finished Uni, has her whole life ahead of her and I respect her opinions and her choices in life, she has made very good ones so far, I will always give her advice but I will not seek to control her choices in life!

Jim
    Well said Jim. I will just wish joy to my child and wish he is happy. So in the end, we are left with the choices we make in life. It is up to our parents to arm us as best they can, with the knowledge and life experiences good and bad. Control of whom people love is impossible.

whats the big deal?

i dont like a very big gap as i often think what will i have in common with someone so much younger.

but each to there own and why should my opinion rain on someone elses parade,i do find it interesting why you feel upto 20 years is ok but above that is unacceptable...
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post

Jim
    As we both know jim,some pinoy fathers(note,I said some)reactions would indeed be "Kerching" its more socially acceptable over there,thats just how it is,and part of that root-cause is poverty,anyone can dress it up in fancy-clothes but poverty causes people to do things out of character,someone once asked me "Do you think its every young pinay girls dream to marry a middle-aged westerner"?It was a pinay who asked the question,it was rhetorical

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    :d
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Then you accept that your opinion is of a lesser weight! If you are not prepared to pass a law along with your opinion, it is trivial at best..
    Re read post number 76 concerning the context in which the discussions on this thread are taking place.

Your association with the weight of an individuals opinion and the ability to pass legislation is somewhat obscure to say the least.

If there are enough individuals with equal opinions concerning a particular issue. Then all have equal weight at the ballot box when they try to elect representatives with similar opinions, however objectionable they may be.

They may, or may not be outnumbered by people with differing opinions, but both have equal weight in our society.

AJ

Korek I always wondered what attracted nubile Anna Nicole Smith to BILLIONAIRE Howard Marshall I mean she had a 60+ year age gap twixt her and the BILLIONAIRE so what could a young lady with her upbringing have in common with an octagenarian BILLIONAIRE

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    whats the big deal?

i dont like a very big gap as i often think what will i have in common with someone so much younger.

but each to there own and why should my opinion rain on someone elses parade,i do find it interesting why you feel upto 20 years is ok but above that is unacceptable...
    Rather like the speed limit really, one has to draw a line in the sand somewhere..

AJ

Rather like the speed limit really, one has to draw a line in the sand somewhere..

AJ
    Good luck with that one, when you hear the fatal cry "But I love him Daddy"

Thread Information