Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Age Difference... When Is Too Much Just Too Much..??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Age Difference... When Is Too Much Just Too Much..??

I noticed on the "Introduce Yourself" thread yet another young 20 year old female student hooking up with a 47 year old boyfriend... 27 year age gap...

In my opinion this is out of line, and the guy should get a grip and look for someone in his own age bracket.. indeed in this case his own generation..

When is too much just too much....?? Surely this is..??

AJ

This should be interesting
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned

How many of this kind of discussions have we had by now...?

If only people would bother using the search facility....The answers will be there....

That can of worms could also be included in the "Filipino hotdog" thread....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post

How many of this kind of discussions have we had by now...?

If only people would bother using the search facility....The answers will be there....

That can of worms could also be included in the "Filipino hotdog" thread....
    Let me declare my interest... I am 55 married to a Filipina who is 48. Personally, I would consider this to be on boundary of an acceptable age difference..

AJ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayjay View Post
    Let me declare my interest... I am 55 married to a Filipina who is 48. Personally, I would consider this to be on boundary of an acceptable age difference..

AJ
    So....

I am 58, my delectable wife is 39.... Am I to think that in your view this is not acceptable....?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    So....

I am 58, my delectable wife is 39.... Am I to think that in your view this is not acceptable....?
    I have stated my opinion only. Others may disagree..

AJ

AJ
    So we all must abide by your boundary as that is obviously the correct one!

I'm not sure you live in the real world, throughout my life I've known a lot of English-English relationships with huge age differences.

These are the English stats:
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    So we all must abide by your boundary as that is obviously the correct one!
    Actually, I did not say that.... What I expressed was my opinion only..

AJ

Smile

I noticed on the "Introduce Yourself" thread yet another young 20 year old female student hooking up with a 47 year old boyfriend... 27 year age gap...

In my opinion this is out of line, and the guy should get a grip and look for someone in his own age bracket.. indeed in this case his own generation..

AJ
    hi ayjay.. for me i cannot see something wrong with the 27 years gap of 20 years old woman and 47 years old man..coz the man age of 47 is still fit for 20 years old woman.. if the man age of 60 and the woman is 33- that still 27 years gap but this i can say "out of line"- i hope you get my point.
    CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

I did meet an American who was 70+ in Manila with his "Fiancee" who if memory serves correctly was roughly around 20 years old That guy didnt come across as a particularly nice character

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
    hi ayjay.. for me i cannot see something wrong with the 27 years gap of 20 years old woman and 47 years old man..coz the man age of 47 is still fit for 20 years old woman.. if the man age of 60 and the woman is 33- that still 27 years gap but this i can say "out of line"- i hope you get my point.
    Hi Pumpkins,

I would tend to agree with you. It depends of course on the state of preservation of the 40 year old guy.. However, as the years roll by the situation becomes quite grotesque..

AJ

there is eleven years between me @ heide. and she admit to me she contacted men alot older than me non reply me the only one .they could be happy maybe you shouldnt judge but it is alot of years.but the relationship could work better than of similar age couples. they are both adults

As the saying goes "AGE DOESN'T MATTER"... Some doesn't mind at all of their age differences as long as they say love binds so strongly( i agree). In my opinion, if the age gap is say 27 yrs (as this is the topic) the social standing is considered and if they are of the same category then people won't bother to talk about it anymore but, if the social standing is somewhat different then it is always being talked about and/or being asked, this is normal. Perhaps some of the filipinos here know the filipino lady named Lisa Macuja she is a ballerina and she was in her 30's(30-32) (correct me if i'm wrong) when she married Mr Elizalde age 51 or somewhat in his 50's which is her father's friend. Some filipino ladies named Charo Santos and Loren Legarda as well has married a much older men. They also has a great age gap. That age difference is not a big deal for they both belong to the same social group. Just my views.

" The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe n Pilar View Post
    As the saying goes "AGE DOESN'T MATTER"... Some doesn't mind at all of their age differences as long as they say love binds so strongly. In my opinion, if the age gap is say 27 yrs (as this is the topic) the social standing is considered and if they are of the same category then people won't bother to talk about it anymore but, if the social standing is somewhat different then it is always being talked about. Perhaps some of the filipinos here know the filipino lady named Lisa Macuja she is a ballerina and she was in her 30's(30-32) (correct me if i'm wrong) when she married her husband age 51 or somewhat in his 50's which is her father's friend. Some filipino ladies named Charo Santos and Loren Legarda as well has married a much older men. They also has a great age gap. That age difference is not a big deal for they both belong to the same social group. Just my views.

Hi Pepe..

I think you have hit the nail on the head when you consider social groupings. How many times do we see young women married to or hanging around much older male actors for example. The same applies to older women actors etc with young husband or toy boy companions.

Here in the UK for example, a 27 year age gap in normal social circles would be very out of place and be frowned upon. Such mismatches reinforce the stereotype of Asian women as being in it for the money only.

I know its a wrong perception, demonstrating an ignorance of the individuals circumstances, and cultural issues.

However, perceptions are what endure..

AJ

Hi Pepe..

I think you have hit the nail on the head when you consider social groupings. How many times do we see young women married to or hanging around much older male actors for example. The same applies to older women actors etc with young husband or toy boy companions.

Here in the UK for example, a 27 year age gap in normal social circles would be very out of place and be frowned upon. Such mismatches reinforce the stereotype of Asian women as being in it for the money only.

I know its a wrong perception, demonstrating an ignorance of the individuals circumstances, and cultural issues.

However, perceptions are what endure..

AJ
    I know what you mean. I can digest it very well. I watched the program UK Border Force, there was one segment there that a Wales woman aged 60 was interviewed before the visa was issued because her Indian bf is aged 30. He can't speak English and has to ask for an interpreter. The Immigration officer was in doubt if it is really love that binds the two or was it something else? That is not to be judged but of course it is normal that there is another reason.

So the normal perception is.... an old woman with a young bloke = a toy boy
    a young woman with an old bloke = security

Although love exists....... whatever reasons they may have they should not be judged.

Cheers!
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Very wise words P&P,your a student of human behaviour and quite observant

Respected Member
    I know what you mean. I can digest it very well. I watched the program UK Border Force, there was one segment there that a Wales woman aged 60 was interviewed before the visa was issued because her Indian bf is aged 30. He can't speak English and has to ask for an interpreter. The Immigration officer was in doubt if it is really love that binds the two or was it something else? That is not to be judged but of course it is normal that there is another reason.

So the normal perception is an old woman with a young bloke = a toy boy
    Although love exists....... whatever reasons they may have they should not be judged.

Banned

So the normal perception is.... an old woman with a young bloke = a toy boy

Cheers!
    Hi Pepe...

Thanks for the cool reply. As I mentioned its perceptions that trigger social responses..

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Very wise words P&P,your a student of human behaviour and quite observant
    Thanks Tawi2... yes i am very observant..

Hi Pepe...

Thanks for the cool reply. As I mentioned its perceptions that trigger social responses..

AJ
    You're welcome Ayjay.... Yes it is the general perception that upsets people....Although we give reasons.... this and that... it is the peoples' perception and we can't tell everyone and force them to believe... Each one has its own views on everything....

Respected Member

AJ
    when it comes to love there's no too much.

i believe. when you are meant to be, there's no age difference. i'm 10 yrs. younger than my hubby.
    i have a cousin who is more than 30 yrs. younger than her hubby... they are happy and definitely inlove.

let's say if your wife is more than 20 yrs. younger than you, you think you wouldn't marry her?

looking back, i can't still believe that i'm married now with the guy i truly love. if it happens that he is more than 20 yrs. older than me, i will still marry him bec. we are destined to each other

let's just hope and pray that the couple you are talking about are inlove and let's be happy for them that finally they found each other

cheers!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by adam&chryss View Post

let's say if your wife is more than 20 yrs. younger than you, you think you wouldn't marry her?
    Hi Guys..

I would seriously examine my motives..

AJ

Banned
    I've come across these kinds of discussions before, and usually find that those who have such a problem with age gaps are normally snobs who have nothing better to do than gossip. Bit of a cliche but age is just a number. I've been in a relationship with a lady many years older than myself, and am now courting a girl 15 years younger. It's what works for both parties at the time.

You don't choose who you fall for, but obviously a lot of these Phil/foreign big age gap relationships are born out of desperation rather than love.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post

It's what works for both parties at the time.

You don't choose who you fall for, but obviously a lot of these Phil/foreign big age gap relationships are born out of desperation rather than love.
    Indeed some people treat such liaisons as throw away relationships.. which is very sad.

Your second comment I totally agree with..

AJ

Banned
    I've come across these kinds of discussions before, and usually find that those who have such a problem with age gaps are normally snobs who have nothing better to do than gossip. Bit of a cliche but age is just a number. I've been in a relationship with a lady many years older than myself, and am now courting a girl 15 years younger. It's what works for both parties at the time.

I'm going to make a lot of friends here but, what the hell
    So Triple 5 your relationship is born out of love the rest of us mere mortals are desparado's!!
    May I say how conceited your post and many others who agree comes across. I hope you all prove me wrong in your answers.

I frankly don't give a monkeys t_ _ _ what people who feel fit to judge think.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    I'm going to make a lot of friends here but, what the hell
    So Triple 5 your relationship is born out of love the rest of us mere mortals are desparado's!!
    May I say how conceited your post and many others who agree comes across. I hope you all prove me wrong in your answers.

I frankly don't give a monkeys t_ _ _ what people who feel fit to judge think.
    Whoa, somebody's a little sensitive. At no point did I say I was in love, neither did I say everybody else is desperate. Reread - but obviously a lot of these Phil/foreign big age gap relationships are born out of desperation rather than love.

I was just stating the obvious facts. Are you trying to say that all Phil/foreign relationships with a huge age gap are true love??

Banned
    Whoa, somebody's a little sensitive. At no point did I say I was in love, neither did I say everybody else is desperate. Reread - but obviously a lot of these Phil/foreign big age gap relationships are born out of desperation rather than love.

I was just stating the obvious facts. Are you trying to say that all Phil/foreign relationships with a huge age gap are true love??

Banned
    Love your sig AJ. Are you putting yourself up for sale?

Banned

AJ

Good old western stereotyping at it's best. I didn't think I would find it on here though!

God bless you all

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Good old western stereotyping at it's best.
    God bless you all
    Not really, just recognising that many of these generation gap relationships are driven by desperation...

AJ

Respected Member

AJ
    Personally, i feel no one is in the position to question or judge people about their relationship preferences in particular about the age thing......
    To each his own and whatever works for others, so be it.....we are all entitled to our own individual choices.....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information