Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SEnding Money to PI

Quote Originally Posted by Queenbee View Post
    so mr gary since i need it for emergency,need it before tueday..Monday perhaps...So western union is a good choice right??
    Well setup your Xoom for the future. Have a read of it. As I am not sure about your region. But I'd say when I send to Angeles they have loads of pickup points. do you know these companies? Lhuiller is probably suited to you.

M. Lhuillier
    Banco de Oro
    BDO Financial (BDO On-site)
    SM Forex (Shoemart)
    Cebuana Lhuillier
    One Network Bank
    Globe GCASH REMIT

I give ya an idea of time frame Queen, when i send Xoom to Jessica, she can pick it up after 1-2 hour of me sending. All she needs is a silly secret word. I usually text her something daft, and I can send a fun message too to embarass her on pickup. That's always fun.

I get the bill in the bank in 3 working days.
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    Welcome. I think I take a trip to nationwide. Cheers
    I'd be interested how you get on as the Nationwide seem to be very restricted on who they will give this account to nowadays and they don't really advertise it on their web site. To get one I would actually have to convert our joint Nationwide Flexaccount into just my name so my wife could apply for one.

Though as we do send to more than one person and sometimes send large amounts for large purchases a cash card account is not always suitable anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    Well setup your Xoom for the future. Have a read of it. As I am not sure about your region. But I'd say when I send to Angeles they have loads of pickup points. do you know these companies? Lhuiller is probably suited to you.

M. Lhuillier
    Banco de Oro
    BDO Financial (BDO On-site)
    SM Forex (Shoemart)
    Cebuana Lhuillier
    One Network Bank
    Globe GCASH REMIT

I give ya an idea of time frame Queen, when i send Xoom to Jessica, she can pick it up after 1-2 hour of me sending. All she needs is a silly secret word. I usually text her something daft, and I can send a fun message too to embarass her on pickup. That's always fun.

I get the bill in the bank in 3 working days.
    ur crazy gary!!!Yah weve tried xoom before..He just send money to ma metrobank account and i just pick it up like a day after...He told me xoom is much more expensive than western union....maybe he just got it wrong...hehehe

THanx gary again!Cnt ait to fly now to Manila....I really cnt think straight,cnt even conscentrate on ma exams cz i wanna kno like freakin now the results!!!yikes scary and exciting,,If i had known it wouldnt take a month or 2,would have told them to post it to me...Me real clumsy!

Respected Member
    ur crazy gary!!!Yah weve tried xoom before..He just send money to ma metrobank account and i just pick it up like a day after...He told me xoom is much more expensive than western union....maybe he just got it wrong...hehehe
    I haven't checked recently but Western Union used to have two ways of sending money, the very quick (instant) way which was very expensive, and the slow (couple of days) way which was quite cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    I haven't checked recently but Western Union used to have two ways of sending money, the very quick (instant) way which was very expensive, and the slow (couple of days) way which was quite cheap.
    really?yah i just got a call lke and hour ago from the estern union that the money is there already,,,uh oh,i think its the expensive one...

we jst use it for emergency though as im flying to manila next week,,,ma poor baby..

Respected Member
    really?yah i just got a call lke and hour ago from the estern union that the money is there already,,,uh oh,i think its the expensive one...

we jst use it for emergency though as im flying to manila next week,,,ma poor baby..
    The cheaper service only use to be available at the agents (not online) so I don't know if it's still available nowadays.

To give you an idea of the cost difference to send PHP 20K would cost GBP275 with PNB, and GBP 305 with WU. If you are only using it in emergencies then it's not too bad because it is very quick.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana_may365 View Post
    i always used western union and they charge me £4.90
    same here Ana
    If it's not life threatening IGNORE it .. .

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    I have three accounts with Nationwide in UK. One I use for transferring money to Phil.

When we want to transfer a sum, I go on-line and transfer that amount from my main account to the Phil one.

We then call a cousin in Phil, he has a Nationwide CASH CARD, and he draws the amount from an ATM. When possible he choose a visa ATM (Citibank and I think HSBC) which makes no charge. Other banks using Cirrus charge 3.50 USD per withdrawal.

My account gets debited with the withdrawal at the inter bank rate at that time.

Just an up-date on this.

Having serached on the web site ( http://visa.via.infonow.net/locator/...SearchPage.jsp) which gary2jessica suggested (thanks guys) we located several EXPRESS TELLER ATMs in Cainta. They are under the Visa umbrella.

My wife's cousin is now using one of these to draw the cash I transfer from Nationwide, and we can confirm there are NO CHARGES at the ATM, so once again we can transfer cash without any charges either end, with an exchange rate very close to the 'inter bank' rate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information