Thread: finally a brit now ..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    Volunteering isn't a requirement yet and won't be for almost 2 years.
    Thanks Darren! I am too early to follow immig rules. It is not yet time for me to apply as I'm not yet staying here for three years and it will be soon.
    But I'm still planning to pursue my volunteering. I want to experience helping others in UK.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    Thanks Darren! I am too early to follow immig rules. It is not yet time for me to apply as I'm not yet staying here for three years and it will be soon.
    But I'm still planning to pursue my volunteering. I want to experience helping others in UK.
    Hi Miss Penny,

When shall you apply for your naturalisation then? I'll apply this month hooray!!! But not looking forward to spending so much money again huhuhu

----------------

Query for others: DIY or NCS

Did anyone here DO IT YOURSELF or use the NATIONAL CHECKING SERVICES when applying for citizenship?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    Hi Miss Penny,

When shall you apply for your naturalisation then? I'll apply this month hooray!!! But not looking forward to spending so much money again huhuhu

----------------

Did anyone here DO IT YOURSELF or use the NATIONAL CHECKING SERVICES when applying for citizenship?

Cheers.
    Do it yourself means you probably have to buy books and test yourself.

I think the NCS services offer a good course. But you pay £50

http://www.leeds.gov.uk/page.aspx?pa...6-207299888e5a
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Respected Member

Cheers.
    We didn't use the NCS service - mainly because at the time there wasn't a NCS service provided close by.

Though the application isn't that difficult to fill in and you don't need to provide that much documentation, so the only real advantage of using a NCS service is you get to keep your passports.

Respected Member
    Hi Miss Penny,

----------------

Cheers.
    diy for me
    If it's not life threatening IGNORE it .. .

Banned
    Hi Miss Penny,

Cheers.
    Thanks Zobel! Not yet three years here so it will be soon. January is suitable.
    My Philippine passport will also expired soon,
    I have only one requirement left that hard for me to solve and find to pursue my passport renewal application.
    I was at Morrisons photo machine yesterday but no luck!
    Phil embassy needs photo with Royal blue background.
    Can't find Royal blue at photo me machine
    I'll take my hubby's Royal blue Polo shirt size xxl
    Hope that will works!

You need to apply Brit passport soon but not much money! Then dual citizen.

Respected Member
    Thanks Zobel! Not yet three years here so it will be soon. January is suitable.
    My Philippine passport will also expired soon,
    I have only one requirement left that hard for me to solve and find to pursue my passport renewal application.
    I was at Morrisons photo machine yesterday but no luck!
    Phil embassy needs photo with Royal blue background.
    Can't find Royal blue at photo me machine
    I'll take my hubby's Royal blue Polo shirt size xxl
    Hope that will works!

You need to apply Brit passport soon but not much money! Then dual citizen.
    When my wife re-aquired her citizenship at the Philippines embassy they cancelled her Philippines passport (I guess because technically she had lost her citizenship and therefore her passport was invalid). Not sure if this is their normal procedure, because if it is it is not worth applying for a new Philippines passport until after you have aquired British citizenship (unless you really need it).

Banned
    When my wife re-aquired her citizenship at the Philippines embassy they cancelled her Philippines passport (I guess because technically she had lost her citizenship and therefore her passport was invalid). Not sure if this is their normal procedure, because if it is it is not worth applying for a new Philippines passport until after you have aquired British citizenship (unless you really need it).
    Thanks Darren! I think about that before, but I'm thinking I can still use my Philippine passport. My friend in Holland is dual citizen, but she also holds her Philippine passport. I was the one who helped her passport renewed in PInas about 4 years ago.
    My other problem is if I want to fly urgently for emergency reasons.
    My Phil passport will run out on Jan 2010, and my suitable month to apply my british citz is also Jan 2010. I'll be 3 years here in late Nov.
    I'm stuck!
    Paging Darren and Joeblogs.

Respected Member
    Thanks Darren! I think about that before, but I'm thinking I can still use my Philippine passport. My friend in Holland is dual citizen, but she also holds her Philippine passport. I was the one who helped her passport renewed in PInas about 4 years ago.
    My other problem is if I want to fly urgently for emergency reasons.
    My Phil passport will run out on Jan 2010, and my suitable month to apply my british citz is also Jan 2010. I'll be 3 years here in late Nov.
    I'm stuck!
    Paging Darren and Joeblogs.
    If you don't renew your citizenship you could still carry on using your Philippines passport even though it will be invalid but I don't think anyone will actually know. Not sure though what would happen if Philippines immigration spotted you had a British passport and was still using your Philippines passport even though you hadn't applied for dual citizenship.

Banned
    If you don't renew your citizenship you could still carry on using your Philippines passport even though it will be invalid but I don't think anyone will actually know. Not sure though what would happen if Philippines immigration spotted you had a British passport and was still using your Philippines passport even though you hadn't applied for dual citizenship.
    Thanks Darren onced again. I was really confused so I sent email to Philippine Embassy in London.
    I am glad to share with you and to other members.
    Here's their reply:

Yes, your Philippine passport becomes invalid when you obtain UK citizenship.
    However you can then apply for Dual Citizenship (form downloadable from Embassy website) and at the same time apply for a new Philippine passport.
    Please note that you have to go to the Philippine Embassy in London to swear your Oath of Allegiance before being granted Dual Citizenship because you lose your Philippine status when ever you get UK passport.
    Please look at the section on Dual Citizenship on the Embassy website for more information of the requirements.
    Regards

Thank you very much.

Hi Miss Penny,

----------------

Cheers.

Hi Maam if you can afford the extra 50 pounds its worth it means you keep your passport while waiting and have someone who should be experinced to help you with the documents.

The lady we had really helped and was a source of info on the how long it was taking locally and could answer all the questions on the form as you went along. But still worth filling in the basics before hand.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Thread Information