Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: finally a brit now ..

Congratulations!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    That's new requirement but not sure how many hours. I am sure it will help because you contribute something good to your community.

Cheers! Thank you very much!
    Volunteering isn't a requirement yet and won't be for almost 2 years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    Volunteering isn't a requirement yet and won't be for almost 2 years.
    Thanks Darren! I am too early to follow immig rules. It is not yet time for me to apply as I'm not yet staying here for three years and it will be soon.
    But I'm still planning to pursue my volunteering. I want to experience helping others in UK.

Question

Thanks Darren! I am too early to follow immig rules. It is not yet time for me to apply as I'm not yet staying here for three years and it will be soon.
    But I'm still planning to pursue my volunteering. I want to experience helping others in UK.
    Hi Miss Penny,

When shall you apply for your naturalisation then? I'll apply this month hooray!!! But not looking forward to spending so much money again huhuhu

----------------

Query for others: DIY or NCS

Did anyone here DO IT YOURSELF or use the NATIONAL CHECKING SERVICES when applying for citizenship?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    Hi Miss Penny,

When shall you apply for your naturalisation then? I'll apply this month hooray!!! But not looking forward to spending so much money again huhuhu

----------------

Did anyone here DO IT YOURSELF or use the NATIONAL CHECKING SERVICES when applying for citizenship?

Cheers.
    Do it yourself means you probably have to buy books and test yourself.

I think the NCS services offer a good course. But you pay £50

http://www.leeds.gov.uk/page.aspx?pa...6-207299888e5a
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Respected Member
    COngratulations to you!!
    thank you very much Jay and Zobel
    If it's not life threatening IGNORE it .. .

Congratulations Jaishann!.
    Advance congratulations to you Jay&Zobel!
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Respected Member

Cheers.
    We didn't use the NCS service - mainly because at the time there wasn't a NCS service provided close by.

Though the application isn't that difficult to fill in and you don't need to provide that much documentation, so the only real advantage of using a NCS service is you get to keep your passports.

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    Do it yourself means you probably have to buy books and test yourself.

I think the NCS services offer a good course. But you pay £50

http://www.leeds.gov.uk/page.aspx?pa...6-207299888e5a
    Book? Are you referring to the the Journey to citizenship book? If yes, you can buy that in any bookstore without needing the NCS.

We didn't use the NCS service - mainly because at the time there wasn't a NCS service provided close by.

Though the application isn't that difficult to fill in and you don't need to provide that much documentation, so the only real advantage of using a NCS service is you get to keep your passports.
    Thanks Darren, Ill DIY then hehe will save me £50.00

Quote Originally Posted by jaishann View Post
    thank you very much Jay and Zobel
    You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe n Pilar View Post

lol, thank you P&P!!!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemallorca View Post
    Strange, i cant imagine, even though i lived inthe philippines for over 10 years off and on, wanting to have a filipino passport ? I think your roots come from where you were born, the lives of your grandparents and family , and a UKpassport is just a way of getting from A to B without visas...... I also had the chance of getting a Spanish Passport, but it just would not feel right... I go back many generations, and a lot of history, I just feel that i would not be wanting to change my whole family history, almost denouncing your own birth ......just my opinion..... interest to why you decided to get a UK passport, if its for ease of travel then fine. but anything else i can not imagine
    Remember that you can be a dual citizen so it's hardly denouncing your own birth. The ease of travelling is obviously an advantage, though it also means that you can always return to the uk even if you spend years out of the uk.

Remember that you can be a dual citizen so it's hardly denouncing your own birth. The ease of travelling is obviously an advantage, though it also means that you can always return to the uk even if you spend years out of the uk.
    Yes i guess i will have the dual citizenship.
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aug06_2006 View Post
    Congratulations!
    thanks a lot

Respected Member
    Hi Miss Penny,

----------------

Cheers.
    diy for me

Respected Member
    Strange, i cant imagine, even though i lived inthe philippines for over 10 years off and on, wanting to have a filipino passport ? I think your roots come from where you were born, the lives of your grandparents and family , and a UKpassport is just a way of getting from A to B without visas...... I also had the chance of getting a Spanish Passport, but it just would not feel right... I go back many generations, and a lot of history, I just feel that i would not be wanting to change my whole family history, almost denouncing your own birth ......just my opinion..... interest to why you decided to get a UK passport, if its for ease of travel then fine. but anything else i can not imagine
    i respect your opinion mike .. for me i think having English passport wont change my family history - my dad will still be my dad , my mum will still be my mum - ( nothing deleted but there was something added , thats all i can think of )

i respect your opinion mike .. for me i think having English passport wont change my family history - my dad will still be my dad , my mum will still be my mum - ( nothing deleted but there was something added , thats all i can think of )
    I would agree with you...Congratulations! to you.

Banned
    Hi Miss Penny,

Cheers.
    Thanks Zobel! Not yet three years here so it will be soon. January is suitable.
    My Philippine passport will also expired soon,
    I have only one requirement left that hard for me to solve and find to pursue my passport renewal application.
    I was at Morrisons photo machine yesterday but no luck!
    Phil embassy needs photo with Royal blue background.
    Can't find Royal blue at photo me machine
    I'll take my hubby's Royal blue Polo shirt size xxl
    Hope that will works!

You need to apply Brit passport soon but not much money! Then dual citizen.

Respected Member
    Thanks Zobel! Not yet three years here so it will be soon. January is suitable.
    My Philippine passport will also expired soon,
    I have only one requirement left that hard for me to solve and find to pursue my passport renewal application.
    I was at Morrisons photo machine yesterday but no luck!
    Phil embassy needs photo with Royal blue background.
    Can't find Royal blue at photo me machine
    I'll take my hubby's Royal blue Polo shirt size xxl
    Hope that will works!

You need to apply Brit passport soon but not much money! Then dual citizen.
    When my wife re-aquired her citizenship at the Philippines embassy they cancelled her Philippines passport (I guess because technically she had lost her citizenship and therefore her passport was invalid). Not sure if this is their normal procedure, because if it is it is not worth applying for a new Philippines passport until after you have aquired British citizenship (unless you really need it).

Banned
    When my wife re-aquired her citizenship at the Philippines embassy they cancelled her Philippines passport (I guess because technically she had lost her citizenship and therefore her passport was invalid). Not sure if this is their normal procedure, because if it is it is not worth applying for a new Philippines passport until after you have aquired British citizenship (unless you really need it).
    Thanks Darren! I think about that before, but I'm thinking I can still use my Philippine passport. My friend in Holland is dual citizen, but she also holds her Philippine passport. I was the one who helped her passport renewed in PInas about 4 years ago.
    My other problem is if I want to fly urgently for emergency reasons.
    My Phil passport will run out on Jan 2010, and my suitable month to apply my british citz is also Jan 2010. I'll be 3 years here in late Nov.
    I'm stuck!
    Paging Darren and Joeblogs.

Respected Member
    Thanks Darren! I think about that before, but I'm thinking I can still use my Philippine passport. My friend in Holland is dual citizen, but she also holds her Philippine passport. I was the one who helped her passport renewed in PInas about 4 years ago.
    My other problem is if I want to fly urgently for emergency reasons.
    My Phil passport will run out on Jan 2010, and my suitable month to apply my british citz is also Jan 2010. I'll be 3 years here in late Nov.
    I'm stuck!
    Paging Darren and Joeblogs.
    If you don't renew your citizenship you could still carry on using your Philippines passport even though it will be invalid but I don't think anyone will actually know. Not sure though what would happen if Philippines immigration spotted you had a British passport and was still using your Philippines passport even though you hadn't applied for dual citizenship.

Hello beautiful people just sharing my big smiles my application was succesful for British citizenship.
    Congrats!!!!! Enjoy life
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

Respected Member
    COngratulations to you!!
    thanks Jay and Zobel..

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marlyn&kenny View Post
    Congrats!!!!! Enjoy life
    thank you Marlyn & Kenny..

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    I would agree with you...Congratulations! to you.
    thank you and to you too..

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aug06_2006 View Post
    Congratulations!
    thanks a lot

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe n Pilar View Post
    thanks a lot

Banned
    If you don't renew your citizenship you could still carry on using your Philippines passport even though it will be invalid but I don't think anyone will actually know. Not sure though what would happen if Philippines immigration spotted you had a British passport and was still using your Philippines passport even though you hadn't applied for dual citizenship.
    Thanks Darren onced again. I was really confused so I sent email to Philippine Embassy in London.
    I am glad to share with you and to other members.
    Here's their reply:

Yes, your Philippine passport becomes invalid when you obtain UK citizenship.
    However you can then apply for Dual Citizenship (form downloadable from Embassy website) and at the same time apply for a new Philippine passport.
    Please note that you have to go to the Philippine Embassy in London to swear your Oath of Allegiance before being granted Dual Citizenship because you lose your Philippine status when ever you get UK passport.
    Please look at the section on Dual Citizenship on the Embassy website for more information of the requirements.
    Regards

Thank you very much.

Finally a Brit?

Sorry I really don't get it...

'We dance in a circle and suppose, while the secret sits in the middle and knows'

R.F.

I actually agree on your post Mike, I think the main reason why we apply to have another Passport is to make our life easier to travel.

I am entitled to have an Italian passport but I have never been bothered to do it. I only realised the difficulties when I got married with my husband and I needed to apply for a visa and you know the rest.

I will apply for British Citizenship when the time comes for me, but for purely convenience reasons. I will retain my Philippine passport as I am a Filipino and nothing in this world can change that...

'We dance in a circle and suppose, while the secret sits in the middle and knows'

R.F.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutz View Post
    I am entitled to have an Italian passport but I have never been bothered to do it. I only realised the difficulties when I got married with my husband and I needed to apply for a visa and you know the rest.
    you mean you could have a italian passport and not bothered with getting the visa to come here as EU member can live in each other countries,can i ask why you didnt?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    you mean you could have a italian passport and not bothered with getting the visa to come here as EU member can live in each other countries,can i ask why you didnt?

At that time, there were no necessity for me to apply for Italian citizenship (before meeting my husband)...I have my Italian permanent residency and the only difference it has with citizenship is you can vote if you hold an Italian passport.

R.F.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information