Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: finally a brit now ..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jaishann View Post
    Hello beautiful people just sharing my big smiles my application was succesful for British citizenship.
    I am beautiful!

CONGRATS

now you can tell us why you're proud to be british over here

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=19572

Quote Originally Posted by jaishann View Post
    Hello beautiful people just sharing my big smiles my application was succesful for British citizenship.
    wow congrats jaishann

Respected Member
    I will apply for British Citizenship when the time comes for me, but for purely convenience reasons. I will retain my Philippine passport as I am a Filipino and nothing in this world can change that...[/QUOTE]

you can have 2 passports and you can obtain dual citizenship,

The thing I dont undertsand why people feel like something was taken away from them when issued another citizenship. When you get the Certificate your details are there, ..Name at birth and Place of birth which just goes to show your origin - its not like having a nip tuck or a liposuction that something has been taking out from your system. Its not a reduction it is merely an addition to what your citizenship is now (if you opt to apply for British citizenship) .
    If it's not life threatening IGNORE it .. .

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizaphil View Post
    wow congrats jaishann
    thanks Liz.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hubbard View Post
    I am beautiful!

CONGRATS

thanks James

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanutz View Post
    Finally a Brit?

Sorry I really don't get it...
    have I confused you?

....aha was this the reason why you got paypal account easily?

congratulation Jaishann
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hubbard View Post
    I am beautiful!

CONGRATS

ill follow the link tomorrow james my bed is calling me now 1:30 am huh...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LEAHnew View Post
    ....aha was this the reason why you got paypal account easily?

congratulation Jaishann
    i dont think so Leah, just pure luck John said

Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    Hi Miss Penny,

When shall you apply for your naturalisation then? I'll apply this month hooray!!! But not looking forward to spending so much money again huhuhu

----------------

Query for others: DIY or NCS

Did anyone here DO IT YOURSELF or use the NATIONAL CHECKING SERVICES when applying for citizenship?

Cheers.

Hi Maam if you can afford the extra 50 pounds its worth it means you keep your passport while waiting and have someone who should be experinced to help you with the documents.

The lady we had really helped and was a source of info on the how long it was taking locally and could answer all the questions on the form as you went along. But still worth filling in the basics before hand.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    Thanks Darren onced again. I was really confused so I sent email to Philippine Embassy in London.
    I am glad to share with you and to other members.
    Here's their reply:

Yes, your Philippine passport becomes invalid when you obtain UK citizenship.
    However you can then apply for Dual Citizenship (form downloadable from Embassy website) and at the same time apply for a new Philippine passport.
    Please note that you have to go to the Philippine Embassy in London to swear your Oath of Allegiance before being granted Dual Citizenship because you lose your Philippine status when ever you get UK passport.
    Please look at the section on Dual Citizenship on the Embassy website for more information of the requirements.
    Regards

Thank you very much.
    Penny as you own Land and propety in Phill I would make sure even with the extra cost you ensure you have your dual citzenship and the new phill passport sorted. As if you have any disputes in Phill im sure it would be to your advantage. you can probably get away with out doing it as darren b says. But entrering,claiming citzenship or using a Passport which was technically invalid would be a risk surely?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Penny as you own Land and propety in Phill I would make sure even with the extra cost you ensure you have your dual citzenship and the new phill passport sorted. As if you have any disputes in Phill im sure it would be to your advantage. you can probably get away with out doing it as darren b says. But entrering,claiming citzenship or using a Passport which was technically invalid would be a risk surely?
    nice info Somebody..thanks for always helping..

Respected Member
    I thought ex-filipino citizens could still own a certain amount of land anyway as it's only fairly recently the Philippines government has allowed dual citizenship.

Banned
    Thanks somebody! I really need to be a dual citizen for many reasons.

I am just bit worry about my passport. If I will apply for my citizenship by Jan 2012, and I need to fly urgent and emergency, how can I fly if my british citizenship and British passport is under process? Whislt my Philippine passport is run out?
    My Phil passport will run out Jan 2012 that's why I want to renew it. I can hold the process using my Philippine passport too fly. Am I right Somebody?If it is renewed whilst my citizen is under process, I can use it.

Respected Member
    until you attend the british citizenship ceremony you are still filipino and so philippines passport is still valid and you would be able to renew it if you want. Once though you've attended the british citizenship ceremony you shouldn't use your philippines passport. If you renew your philippines citizenship they will cancel your philippines passport even if you had just renewed it before you became british.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    until you attend the british citizenship ceremony you are still filipino and so philippines passport is still valid and you would be able to renew it if you want. Once though you've attended the british citizenship ceremony you shouldn't use your philippines passport. If you renew your philippines citizenship they will cancel your philippines passport even if you had just renewed it before you became british.
    That's why I still want to renew it. I'm still Filipino whist my citizenship is under process and not yet attend the ceremony. I can still fly for emergency reasons. It cost only 36£. Not much
    Will apply Philippine passport again in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    I thought ex-filipino citizens could still own a certain amount of land anyway as it's only fairly recently the Philippines government has allowed dual citizenship.
    I ve no Idea Darren but the Phil Embassy advises to re instate your citzenship.

Dual citizens can enjoy full civil and political rights in the Philippines, including the following:

a. right to vote and be elected or appointed to any public office in the Philippines subject to existing Philippine laws,
    b. right to acquire land and other properties under his name,
    c. right to engage in business in the Philippines and have 100% ownership of the business,
    d. right to reside in the Philippine without need of visa, and
    e. right to practise profession in the Philippines upon application of a license or permit to engage in such practice

The Embassy website refers you to I belive this

http://jlp-law.com/blog/retention-re...izenship-9225/
    Although some of the links appear to be dead.

It does mention you can own a certain amount of Land or propety which may suffice for many but its all a bit vague are you a Phill or not? My Wifes Proud to be A Brit and Pinay so wants her full rights in both.
    She also owns and will probably buy off realtives to keep in the family quite a lot of Land..

I would not take the risk of a rogue neighbour or even family member using it agaisnt me when they want to. If your not technically Fillipino again untill you swear the oath.

If you used your Phill passport to Enter Phill and like you say somehow found out you had british citzenship you may find for a little bit more paperwork and cost in a tight situation at customs. Of course they may never find.

I belive the Britsih goverment will not help you if your in your Birth country even if you have a British Passport. Again I dont know the in's and outs and you would need a expert on both British and Phillipine law i guess to know the full possible ramifications.

Im not letting my Wife take the risk of finding out if its nothing to worry about or something a bit more serious.

Of course most indivudals could probably get away with out doing it for years, but we all know how Jealous and cruel human beings can be..

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    Thanks somebody! I really need to be a dual citizen for many reasons.

I am just bit worry about my passport. If I will apply for my citizenship by Jan 2012, and I need to fly urgent and emergency, how can I fly if my british citizenship and British passport is under process? Whislt my Philippine passport is run out?
    My Phil passport will run out Jan 2012 that's why I want to renew it. I can hold the process using my Philippine passport too fly. Am I right Somebody?If it is renewed whilst my citizen is under process, I can use it.
    Hi Penny I dont know Po, you can reapply for your Filipino passport now cant you? Im guessing its like a British passport where if you so wish you could renew well before the expiry date.

If you got a new one now I think i saw it lasts five years from the UK Phill embassy (although the Wifes from the DFA lasted ten years)

I think it would be worth asking them I think they have a consul up your way who may be able to assit as well. The Consul may also know who may help with getting photos with a blue background as i think that was your issue at the moment?

http://philembassy-uk.org/contact.html

Respected Member
    Congrats! How long did you have to stay in the UK before you can apply for british citizenship?

Jonny

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information