Thread: Is this a Con???

Is this a Con???

Hi to all,
    This is my first time to receive a call from the homeline saying "you got a text message from number xxxxxxxx. Then there's a voice saying "Hi Mary sorry for not getting in touch lately i had a terrible flu, will get in touch on the weekend". And since i wanted to hear it again so i dialed the number given. Then it says if you want to repeat this message call this number xxxxxxx which i did.
    Have you guys experience receiving a call like this? is this a con?. Is it true that if you call back you will be charged by something like £50.00?. Oh i just have to wait for our bill. I asked my hubby and said he doesn't know who that is.
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Banned
    What are the first 5 numbers this message asks you to call?

By the way, I think it is a con!

the text message came from # 07960
    and the number to dial to repeat the message is # 07953

Did u receive a call like this Northerner?
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

dont waste your time replying
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Thanks Somebody. Yes it is 07953-966-066.

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    dont waste your time replying
    Thanks BaB... now i know next time i won't call back anymore... If i have heard about this number i should have not called back..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe n Pilar View Post
    the text message came from # 07960
    and the number to dial to repeat the message is # 07953

Did u receive a call like this Northerner?
    Just checking with the number. I know a few years ago scammers had people call random premium rate lines overseas...

Anyway, all sorted now.

Many thanks to Northerner, Somebody and BaB. I got a very quick answers to my queries. You're such a bunch of wonderful helpful guys. Thank you very much indeed!.Very much appreciated!

Cheers!

I would never ring a number that I never knew. If it is important, whoever it is will ring back.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe n Pilar View Post
    Hi to all,
    This is my first time to receive a call from the homeline saying "you got a text message from number xxxxxxxx. Then there's a voice saying "Hi Mary sorry for not getting in touch lately i had a terrible flu, will get in touch on the weekend". And since i wanted to hear it again so i dialed the number given. Then it says if you want to repeat this message call this number xxxxxxx which i did.
    Have you guys experience receiving a call like this? is this a con?. Is it true that if you call back you will be charged by something like £50.00?. Oh i just have to wait for our bill. I asked my hubby and said he doesn't know who that is.
    you want to find out who was Mary ?? (joking ya)
    If it's not life threatening IGNORE it .. .

Thread Information