Thread: visa appeal how long?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

visa appeal how long?

my wifes visa was refused we have now sent documents that they asked for and would like to know how long does this appeal proccess take before we know outcome?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dave63 View Post
    my wifes visa was refused we have now sent documents that they asked for and would like to know how long does this appeal proccess take before we know outcome?
    have you sent the form to UK or Phil embassy in Makati? because what they do is - if the form was sent to UK Tribunals then they will send it back to Makati and it will then be reviewed by Entry Clearance Manager but it you forwarded the appeal form to Makati then they will deal with it a bit earlier and still ECM will review it, if the ECM is satisfied then the decision will be overturned.

In my own experience, I was refused Dec 2005 my husband (fiance that time) filed appeal in UK but in March 2006 I finally got the docs that they require so I wrote a letter to Phil embassy in Makati , and it was dealt accordingly the decision was overturned, Phil emb then notified the Tribunals so no hearing took place.I got my visa in June 2006.

For the second time I have filed an appeal Sept 21 2009 (in UK ) Settlement for my daughter to join us I received a letter from Tribunals that the hearing is set Feb 2010 THAT is if the ECM (Entry Clearance Manager) is not satisfied with the document I submitted.

It is heartbreaking to wait but I do hope that you meet all the rquirements that is needed from you and that the ECM will change his mind. Thanks
    If it's not life threatening IGNORE it .. .

firstly, My heart and prayers go with you that everything goes smoothly for you and your daughter.
    We have sent the documents to manila on oct 14 2009 via courier. But a statement of my savings came late from uk. copy was sent with documents and original via post to my wife. do you think that they will be satisfied with copy? or wait for original.
    Once again my prayers go with you and that your appeal is quick and stress-free

Respected Member
    firstly, My heart and prayers go with you that everything goes smoothly for you and your daughter.
    We have sent the documents to manila on oct 14 2009 via courier. But a statement of my savings came late from uk. copy was sent with documents and original via post to my wife. do you think that they will be satisfied with copy? or wait for original.
    Thanks Dave and to you too. Best is if you can tell your wife to post the original to Embassy just quote the reference number - appeal number etc. because I did that as well although I filed my appeal in UK I sent docs to Makati and there was no problem. Hope everything goes well for you and your wife. Thanks again

if the bank statement is not an online one then a copy should be fine or a scanned one emailed to your wife and let her print it out.

appeals process AIT say around 25wks, but could be sooner or longer, no one really knows , but it could well be sooner as i've read somewhere they are trying to clear their backlog.

why was your daughters settlement visa refused jaishann, and have i asked you this b4

most appeals are won but its the waiting thats the problem

Respected Member
    why was your daughters settlement visa refused jaishann, and have i asked you this b4

yes i think we discussed this before it was you and Somebody who actually gave me advise , the reasons of refusal was 1.. sole responsibility and there was no stipulation in my annulment re : custody (it was a bigamous marriage making my children illegitimate though)

and 2... my bank end balance is crap that I may resort to public funds - but Joe was husband is in self emplyment for 22 years and I am working since Nov 2006 I have qualification so I think the chance of us being in dole is remote.

Hoping Joe ECM will change his mind ,, thanks for asking..I will keep you updated. So far the only update I can give is the letter from Tribunal about the date of the hearing and how long it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by jaishann View Post
    yes i think we discussed this before i
    yes i remember now, we've had a few settlements visas refused recently for children in the last few months, but i don't recall any others since I've been on here..

maybe the embassy are being now..

my stepson didn't have a problem getting a visa and he was nearly 18, i didnt have much money in the bank and i think i had been made redundant becuase work went bust to.

but good luck, i'm sure you will win any appeal

Thread Information