Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone had a baby here???????

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Question Has anyone had a baby here???????

Hello, im new on here and really need some advice.

My brothers girlfriend is pregnant and currently lives in the phillipines, does anyone know if she can come here to have the baby? he isn't 100% sure the child is his but is quite happy to sign the birth certificate and bring the child up as his here in the uk. Does anyone know if this is possible, do they do a blood test to prove who the father is before the baby goes home?

Please please help us.

Thank you georgina x

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    We have a friend here in Spain who got pregnant when she visited Phil for a holiday. On her return her English husband was prepared to accept the baby as his and the baby has a British passport. Of course if it ever came to light he has committed perjury and I guess the child would loose the passport.

Respected Member
    Is he planning to marry her in the next 6 months?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    We have a friend here in Spain who got pregnant when she visited Phil for a holiday. On her return her English husband was prepared to accept the baby as his and the baby has a British passport.

We have a friend here in Spain who got pregnant when she visited Phil for a holiday. On her return her English husband was prepared to accept the baby as his and the baby has a British passport. Of course if it ever came to light he has committed perjury and I guess the child would loose the passport.
    Some strange looks from the midwife when she delivers a half Pinoy baby.

How did she explain that Pasalubong to her husband Reminds me of the old saying "Mummys babyDaddys.............Maybe"

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    How did she explain that Pasalubong to her husband Reminds me of the old saying "Mummys babyDaddys.............Maybe"
    LOL
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Respected Member
    She told him when she returned that she was pregnancy. He accepted it. Simple as that. Unfaithful but not a liar.

He is slightly more forgiving than the average husband

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by georges1986 View Post
    My brothers girlfriend is pregnant and currently lives in the phillipines,.....
    Although I never judge folk on here, generically I do get very annoyed when UK guys treat Filipina's in the Homeland the same as they do UK women, especially as in the Philippines this is still looked upon as very disrespectful, and the lady in question still has to live with the family.

In answer to your question, the pregnancy is irrelevant, she has to go through the same visa process as everyone, and depending on pregnancy term by the time all that is done the airline may not let her fly.
    Keith - Administrator

Question

my brothers girlfriend, is not married. they was just a couple who met and fell in love and she got pregnant. We are 99.9% sure the baby is his, however she had not long split with her ex, they are a really lovely couple and are excited about the baby however we was just worried about her coming here and having the baby here as they are not married she is not a british citizen but we was hopeing the baby would be if the baby was born here and my brother who is british signs the birth certificate? even if the baby is not his he will still bring the baby up as his, will they do a dna test on the baby when he/she is born to prove he is the father?

Oh also, he wasn't planning on marrying her just yet, they haven't know each other that long, and how long does it take to get a visa?

Respected Member
    I wonder if the Phil knows about condoms?

My wife worked for BHW and amongst other health worker assistance they used to distribute free condoms.

Whats wrong with girls who get pregnant thus making a struggle to exist even harder and making them less likely to find a husband ?

Hello, im new on here and really need some advice.

My brothers girlfriend is pregnant and currently lives in the phillipines, does anyone know if she can come here to have the baby? he isn't 100% sure the child is his but is quite happy to sign the birth certificate and bring the child up as his here in the uk. Does anyone know if this is possible, do they do a blood test to prove who the father is before the baby goes home?

Please please help us.

Thank you georgina x
    I asked my GP, and most people say no, because of the simple thing, she is not a British Citizen. So you would have to pay. I am in Scotland, wherever you are, make sure you ask the simple question for your brother. Here are the rules on website:

Overseas visitors Department of Health

I have been through this situation. I weighed this difficult decision too. She can come over as visitor, if you flew her over. But the rules for visitor are not to deliberately abuse the system. They would frown on that, and this might affect your brothers future applications to marry his wife.

Legally she is not entitled to use NHS facilities because she is a Philippines citizen. Of course, NHS hospitals will help you, but I am sure nurses will tell you this cause alot of paperwork that is a pain in the ass. Paperwork with a lot of explaining to do.

She will have to have the baby there. It costs me 600 pounds in a private hospital. Trust me, you don't want her in a public.

Currently my lady and my baby are in the Philippines, and I have to wait till I get application/money ready. If he really loves this lady, he will stay committed to her and the child. I hope the complications do not put him off, because of his one night of passion, because you have to deal with consequences.

Filipinos here will advise you about decent hospitals.
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Its the church John,they dont exactly condone family planning,more they encourage family planting,they are going to come unstuck soon with the population of pinas set to double within 30 years

Respected Member
    Oh also, he wasn't planning on marrying her just yet, they haven't know each other that long, and how long does it take to get a visa?
    That may be a problem then. The only way she can come to live here permanently is for them to apply for a fiancee visa and get married in the UK within 6 months, or if they get married before she applies for a visa and comes here.

so does this mean she cant have the baby here? what about if we paid for her to have the baby private here? surely there must have been foregin people come hear and have babies before? do you know what paper work they have to do? we just thought it would be better for her to have the baby here rather than trying to get the baby a passport once he/she is born?

Respected Member
    Its the church John,they dont exactly condone family planning,........... :

I know, but sex outside marriage is also a sin, so too is sex with a spouse who is divorced. But if you are gonna have sex then using a condom is probably the lesser of the two, and it's a whole lot better not to have illegitimate children

I am always surprised that 'the RC church' continue with the 'have as many babies as you can' philosophy, which is not a law of God but of man (the church). Which was probably implemented to increase the number of Catholics in the world. Rather like the Mormon Church, which used to permit and encourage boga my, in order to increase their number. They subsequently changed the rule and now bigamy is not permitted.

Respected Member
    so does this mean she cant have the baby here? what about if we paid for her to have the baby private here? surely there must have been foregin people come hear and have babies before? do you know what paper work they have to do? we just thought it would be better for her to have the baby here rather than trying to get the baby a passport once he/she is born?
    Your first problem is actually getting her here. If they aren't going to get married her own real way of spending any time in the UK is on a visitor visa. Assuming she was granted a visitor visa (which isn't guaranteed) the maximum time she can spend in the UK is 6 months - before the 6 months is up she should leave the UK. If she is in the UK on a visitor visa you could pay for her to have the baby privately, though it won't be cheap.

No you would have to pay twice. Plane ticket and pay for private treatment. I wanted to do that, but it extremely expensive. In the current situation with Swine Flu in the UK, would you trust your brother lady on a plane and then hospital.

Yeah foreign people come here to have babies. But they should not use UK services which they have not paid for. Or you would have every foreign person jumping on plane using our hospitals, that would not be fair on UK people would it? You would not want own brother to not get treatment because a foreigner take up the bed? That is why we have immigration asking people questions at the airport.

Where is your brothers gf? Can you tell us more ?

she is in the phillipines not too sure on the city, he did tell me but i cant remember the name?? she dosen't have very much family support and i just couldn't bare to think of her having to do this alone :( i completly understand what you are saying and i think you are right about about the immigrants, im sure there are very good hospitals out there but we would just feel so much safer with both mother and child being here. If we had too we would pay to go private but if it's his child would she not be intiled to have the baby on the nhs?

Its called NHS Tourism george,I think they have clamped down on it as taxpayers in the UK were paying for foreigners medical treatment,she wouldnt be allowed to have the child at the NHS/Taxpayers expense,how long has your brother actually known this lady?

about 3-4 months, if she went private would that be ok? and would the baby be allowed to stay do you know?

Simple fact if you are not from the UK, you pay.

I am sure this would affect all your family having to get a plane ticket for this girl, and paying for private treatment. So the family all need to have a talk about what you plan to do.

Okay lad so go get more information from your brother. Why isn't he writing this? I commend you as his brother asking all the questions but can't he ask them? He knows what happened.

If your brother wants more information, he can also contact the British Consulate for information on this. They help me in times of need. Consulate provides advice for UK in the Philippines, but also advice about the country, and you might want to ask questions about the pregnancy. Email them they usually reply quick.

http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/

Respected Member
    Its called NHS Tourism george,I think they have clamped down on it as taxpayers in the UK were paying for foreigners medical treatment,she wouldnt be allowed to have the child at the NHS/Taxpayers expense,how long has your brother actually known this lady?
    The Spanish medical Service recently started complaining about foreigners (Brits in particular) abusing the health system in Spain with ' Health Tourism'

im actually his sister, he is at work and i just feel sorry for him he has so many questions bussing round his head i thought i might try and see if there was anyone else who has been in a similar situation.

im actually his sister, he is at work and i just feel sorry for him he has so many questions bussing round his head i thought i might try and see if there was anyone else who has been in a similar situation.
    Trying to get the girl here to have the baby when he is not even sure it is his, nor does he want to marry yet would basically be screwing the immigration system.

It is irrelevant if she has the baby in the Phil, and would probably get better care there. If it is his, then getting British citizenship in the future is not a problem.

As for if it's not his, and putting his name on the birth certificate, don't even go there. The birth certificate is for the real parents, not adoption.
    Keith - Administrator

He would never intentionally go against the law but obviously he is worried about he's girlfriend and their baby. like i said we are happy to go private and pay for the birth, they have not been together long so maybe in time they would get married but at the moment they are more focused on the baby.

....they have not been together long .....
    I bet that statement sets off alarm bells with a few on here.
    Keith - Administrator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information