Thread: Do you believe in Superstition?

Do you believe in Superstition?

I am very upset today.
    My wedding ring broke and my ring finger was badly wounded.
    I do cried.,,, Very painful…
    What happened was, “our doorbell rings and our dog is angry to any stranger so I put him into the kitchen and hurriedly locked him then run to open the main door but sadly, my wedding ring *naisabit* to the door handle. It bleeds so terrible… It hurts…

My hubby said it was a bad sign
    because during his first marriage, he had lost his wedding ring and
    not long after that they divorced…
    I don’t believe in superstition but I treasure the symbol it represent.
    Do you believe it was a bad sign?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Praise be to the LORD, for he showed his wonderful love to me when I was in a besieged city"...
    (Psalm 31:21)

Banned
    I, myself am not superstitious. And if the same happens to me, it would be just a minor problem for the jeweller to fix.

Try not to worry

Thanks Northerner, you lighten my heavy heart
    "Praise be to the LORD, for he showed his wonderful love to me when I was in a besieged city"...

Respected Member
    No I don' believe but sadly my Ana does :(

All sorts of things happen for silly reasons sometimes and you wonder "why me"?.

But if God directly intervened in our lives then we would not have free will free choice to make our own mistakes in life or to just to have things happen to us.

So sorry for what happened but you will be fine don't worry you have no reason to worry

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Now View Post
    I am very upset today.
    My wedding ring broke and my ring finger was badly wounded.
    I do cried.,,, Very painful…
    What happened was, “our doorbell rings and our dog is angry to any stranger so I put him into the kitchen and hurriedly locked him then run to open the main door but sadly, my wedding ring *naisabit* to the door handle. It bleeds so terrible… It hurts…

My hubby said it was a bad sign
    because during his first marriage, he had lost his wedding ring and
    not long after that they divorced…
    I don’t believe in superstition but I treasure the symbol it represent.
    Do you believe it was a bad sign?
    sorry i don't believe superstitious and sorry for what happened to you finger and your wedding ring, just keep strong and keep your faith to the LORD
    all things are possible!

As I always say a lucky-rabbits foot dangling on someones key-ring wasnt lucky for the bunny was it Dont worry about it(but touch wood just in case).

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    You are right you don't believe in superstition, it is one of those sad things in life that has happened but as Northerner says a good jeweller can fix it and it's not like you lost it, I would be really hurt if I lost a symbol like that but you haven't and it can be fixed.

You are probably extra sensitive just now for all the other things that are happening in your lives that are real trials, but I am sure you are a strong person and a strong couple!

Best wishes to both of you.

Jim

Respected Member
    I too don't believe in superstition......What happened to your ring is nothing but a simple accident which could happen to anyone.....
    it could also be the usual case of "wear and tear", so its bound to break or split in the course of time......
    nothing to do with signs or bad omens of unfortunate things to happen, so don't worry about it happy_now
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    No I don' believe but sadly my Ana does :(

All sorts of things happen for silly reasons sometimes and you wonder "why me"?.

But if God directly intervened in our lives then we would not have free will free choice to make our own mistakes in life or to just to have things happen to us.

So sorry for what happened but you will be fine don't worry you have no reason to worry

Jim
    Great!.. thanks Jim
    Yap i do not believe superstition but my husband does.
    I always keep telling him, be careful what you believe because it will happen.
    sometimes i am naughty because he believes that if we cross together on the stair one of our family will die. I am intentionally doin it which it makes him angry. Anyway, that is before when he is not yet diagnosed of cancer.
    Once again, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    sorry i don't believe superstitious and sorry for what happened to you finger and your wedding ring, just keep strong and keep your faith to the LORD
    God bless you vbkelly thank u

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    As I always say a lucky-rabbits foot dangling on someones key-ring wasnt lucky for the bunny was it Dont worry about it(but touch wood just in case).
    what wood tawi2? is it a trunk? my hubby got one
    i will touch it yes
    thanks, your replies helpin me a lot

Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    You are probably extra sensitive just now for all the other things that are happening in your lives that are real trials, but I am sure you are a strong person and a strong couple!
    Best wishes to both of you.
    Jim
    Yes Jim, Hope and faith keep me strong, and all of you guys is a great help too. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    I too don't believe in superstition......What happened to your ring is nothing but a simple accident which could happen to anyone.....
    it could also be the usual case of "wear and tear", so its bound to break or split in the course of time......
    nothing to do with signs or bad omens of unfortunate things to happen, so don't worry about it happy_now
    agree!
    thank you sweetie

i remember my grandmother hehe, she live in superstiton. Like if you drop your spoon a lady visitor will be arriving. And if it is your fork, it is a man

Or if lizards are noisy, many visitors are planning to come for a visit

I don't believe in superstitions either. It was an accident, it happens especially when we are in hurry to get something or when our attention isn't focus on what we are doing. As Northerner said, the jeweller can fix that.

Respected Member
    Great!.. thanks Jim
    Yap i do not believe superstition but my husband does.
    I always keep telling him, be careful what you believe because it will happen.
    sometimes i am naughty because he believes that if we cross together on the stair one of our family will die. I am intentionally doin it which it makes him angry. Anyway, that is before when he is not yet diagnosed of cancer.
    Once again, thank you
    Actually that part is very true, the human mind has a way of making things it believes come true, the power of positive or negative thinking and all that.

Jim

I'm sorry I really am. I can be eloquent like the other posters here, but I feeling that if the dog was not a pain in the ass, you would not have a sore finger right now. So kick the dog outside, where he should be.

And it is a sign of that dog getting no dinner!
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

i remember my grandmother hehe, she live in superstiton. Like if you drop your spoon a lady visitor will be arriving. And if it is your fork, it is a man

Or if lizards are noisy, many visitors are planning to come for a visit
    So what happens if you drop your fork on a lizard? Does that mean everyone man turns up?

Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    So what happens if you drop your fork on a lizard? Does that mean everyone man turns up?

think i need to ask my grandmum

So kick the dog outside, where he should be.
    oh no! i cant do that"
    He is my very best friend. Everytime i am cryin he was there for me. He will stay and keep kissin me until i will feel better.. In the morning, when he feel im already awake he will come with a waggin tail. My companion in the garden, a good guard. Only he doenst like stranger.
    Sorry gary2jessica but i cant kick my best friend
    Attached Images Attached Images

First, hes only there cos you feed him. Second he licks you to stimulate you like a mother for food. Feed me. He wags his tail for many many emotional reasons. Dogs that stay cooped up and bark at everyone going past tend to be nervous of everything and anything. Flighty fighty dogs, that should not be scared of every little thing walking past the gate.

Try watching this dear. Find out why he is aggressive. I like watching Dog Whisperer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6ru7QLEYD4

Try watching this dear. Find out why he is aggressive. I like watching Dog Whisperer!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6ru7QLEYD4
    he is not that very aggresive, actually if a person is already inside of the house, he will give him/her sleeper:
    thanks for the concern gary2jessica. I appreciate it!

I'm sorry I really am. I can be eloquent like the other posters here, but I feeling that if the dog was not a pain in the ass, you would not have a sore finger right now. So kick the dog outside, where he should be.

it's not the dogs fault

it's who ever pressed your doorbells fault, dog was doing their job

superstitions , if you worried about them all,. you would never go out or do anything

a black cat crossing your path is unlucky, you say? Interestingly that is what many believe in the USA and many European countries, but that very same belief in Japan is flipped on its head- they believe it is good luck. The next time a black cat crosses your path, just say “Konichiwa” and take control of your own luck.

Konichiwa

Thread Information