Thread: anti social boyfriend?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Sounds to me like he is just less comfortable in your familes company than with his friends.. Not too suprising.

Perhaps he cannot be himself in front of them? Perhaps he feels they look down on him?

I doubt it is anti social, and I would bet he feels bad about it too. But cannot bring himself to admit it to you.

Just my few thoughts..

Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Sounds to me like he is just less comfortable in your familes company than with his friends.. Not too suprising.

Perhaps he cannot be himself in front of them? Perhaps he feels they look down on him?

I doubt it is anti social, and I would bet he feels bad about it too. But cannot bring himself to admit it to you.

Just my few thoughts..

Hi
    not sure either, but my family are very friendly and welcoming. I went to the Philippines and met many people and this can be difficult if you are a bit shy as I am, but I made a big effort and one pushes oneself for their partner I believe.
    He seems to get quite annoyed if I try to approach the subject. I have explained how this could be percived by others and how my family's feelings and opinion of my partner is very important as it would be for him.
    I feel this would be an ongoing problem then? Hard to overcome. Difficult for me to have to explain to all friends and family we meet when I don't even know myself. As you can imagine, it hasn't gone down brilliantly!

Thanks for your opinion.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy View Post
    Hi
    not sure either, but my family are very friendly and welcoming. I went to the Philippines and met many people and this can be difficult if you are a bit shy as I am, but I made a big effort and one pushes oneself for their partner I believe.
    He seems to get quite annoyed if I try to approach the subject. I have explained how this could be percived by others and how my family's feelings and opinion of my partner is very important as it would be for him.
    I feel this would be an ongoing problem then? Hard to overcome. Difficult for me to have to explain to all friends and family we meet when I don't even know myself. As you can imagine, it hasn't gone down brilliantly!

Thanks for your opinion.
    To be honest, I know lots will disagree, shyness will be with him forever. Sorry.

If you learn how to be happy with that, it'll be great.

If not, it will be hard for you ...

after living here and 3 years with my Filipina wife that's my conclusion.

Thread Information