Thread: anti social boyfriend?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy View Post
    Hi JimHub
    thanks for your reply. My b/f is the life and soul of any party usually! From what I have seen of him in the Philippines and with filipino friends over here. Yes all is ok with us, but it is a sticking point for me I'm afraid! I thought all filipinos were talkative?!
    Problem is my sister has seen him laughing and talking ten to the dozen with his friends and was quite hurt he doesnt take any interest in her at all. I would feel the same too. We spent four days in Cornwall with her and he did not say one word to her the whole time!!
    Thamks for the welcome.
    Wow thats a bit extreme. What job does he have here, how long has he been in the UK?

What are his other filipino friends like with you and your family?

Maybe its fear of saying the wrong thing? Has he had a past relationship go belly up?
    As James says quite a few Phill blokes I meet are very quiet and reserved it seems when talking to me yet joke around with their mates.
    I put that down to our lack of English/Tagalog on our respective sides. They always come out of their shell after a while and after a beer or two normally.

Another question what is he like around his own family?

Turning the point of view round im often very quiet in front of my Wifes family and some of her Friends. Wh
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Wow thats a bit extreme. What job does he have here, how long has he been in the UK?

Maybe its fear of saying the wrong thing? Has he had a past relationship go belly up?
    As James says quite a few Phill blokes I meet are very quiet and reserved it seems when talking to me yet joke around with their mates.
    I put that down to our lack of English/Tagalog on our respective sides. They always come out of their shell after a while and after a beer or two normally.

Turning the point of view round im often very quiet in front of my Wifes family and some of her Friends. Wh
    Although it seems that "Somebody"'s post is unfinished, I echo his sentiments, particularly with the questions he asks. ..

interested to hear your response sassy!

Quote Originally Posted by James Hubbard View Post
    Although it seems that "Somebody"'s post is unfinished, I echo his sentiments, particularly with the questions he asks. ..

interested to hear your response sassy!
    Hi
    well he is not working at the moment. He seems good with his family, relaxed. Same with friends. No probs there. Time will tell I suppose. But you are right I think when you say he will always be like this. I think I will find it hard that part of his culture.
    Cheers anyway. Appreciate your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post

Hi there
    most of his friends are good with me yes.
    It's one thing being reserved but in my opinion you can still push yourself to ask people just a couple of questions about themselves etc.
    Very difficult for anyone to get to know his personality this way.
    We tried him with some drink, but he ended up being very similar, only he drank the whole of my mum's bottle of brandy when she wasnt looking!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy View Post
    Hi there
    most of his friends are good with me yes.
    It's one thing being reserved but in my opinion you can still push yourself to ask people just a couple of questions about themselves etc.
    Very difficult for anyone to get to know his personality this way.
    We tried him with some drink, but he ended up being very similar, only he drank the whole of my mum's bottle of brandy when she wasnt looking!!
    bwahahaha

maybe, if you can't find a decent way to justify his attitude, maybe you have a real problem that will lead to either breakup of the relationship or maybe you need to look deeper into your relationship or his past.

Thread Information