Thread: anti social boyfriend?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Communication has to be two-sided, in order to be effective. Perhaps your boyfriend simply feels more at ease with people in his own "peer" group. Lots of folk [myself included] find it easier to carry on a conversation with someone they know well. It's possible, too, that he's particularly self-conscious in front of your family and friends because, for instance, he may be overly concerned about the kind of impression he THINKS he's likely to make on them ... be afraid of becoming tongue-tied ... and decides to take the line of least resistance by "retreating into his shell".

Certainly in my experience, it's rare to encounter an inherently anti-social Filipino ... and if I were you, I'd have a talk with your parents, sibling(s) and close friends, and try to persuade THEM to "draw him out" a bit ... make the 'first move' in other words. This will, at least, help your b/f to relax in their company and encourage HIM to establish a more naturally responsive and spontaneous line of communication.
    i can relate with these kind of problem of sassy's partner....'coz on my 1st month here in UK(sept'09)the biggest problem of my partner, is me, not talking always, especially when we are with her mum, he said i'm different when we are talking in the computer, when i am still in the Philippines...He said i'm very talkative but now i'm not....
    at 1st ofcourse it's normal not to be more talkative ...'coz i am affraid to start a conversation(topic), 'coz we don't know if it's ok with them or not, so i am only observing....anyway now, i started to be talkative again....the problem is.....the issues to be talk.....hahahaha......'coz i'm a kind of a person that lazy to talk...hahaha...even on my own dialect, how much more in english...hahahaha.....

Quote Originally Posted by rayofLight View Post
    i can relate with these kind of problem of sassy's partner....'coz on my 1st month here in UK(sept'09)the biggest problem of my partner, is me, not talking always, especially when we are with her mum, he said i'm different when we are talking in the computer, when i am still in the Philippines...He said i'm very talkative but now i'm not....
    at 1st ofcourse it's normal not to be more talkative ...'coz i am affraid to start a conversation(topic), 'coz we don't know if it's ok with them or not, so i am only observing....anyway now, i started to be talkative again....the problem is.....the issues to be talk.....hahahaha......'coz i'm a kind of a person that lazy to talk...hahaha...even on my own dialect, how much more in english...hahahaha.....
    If you wish to observe life and humanity, what better man than Dave Allen, I always thought his intelligent observations on us are great. Makes you laugh too. I would recommend watching some of those clips about our culture and the way we live. See what you think. I hope you enjoy

Dave Allen on supermarkets
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    If you wish to observe life and humanity, what better man than Dave Allen, I always thought his intelligent observations on us are great. Makes you laugh too. I would recommend watching some of those clips about our culture and the way we live. See what you think. I hope you enjoy

Dave Allen on supermarkets
    thanx for sharing Dave Allen clips....it made me laugh......

Thread Information