Thread: i need advice, please.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

i need advice, please.

my wife is a 55yr old filipina. i'm 60 & english. we married in canada 3yrs ago.i'm just going onto pension credits&my wife has just qualified as a carer. i could do with some advice on how to get her here with me as she wants to work here rather than the phil.

Then..get ready all the documents for spouse visa and apply in VFS, search here all the requirements in spousevisa thing..Good luck

Respected Member
    You'll need to apply for a spouse visa, though to get a spouse visa you need to show that you have accommodation for the both of you to live in, and enough money to live on without needing additional public funds. A spouse visa would allow your wife to work straightaway and if she could get a job offer (which wouldn't be easy) before she applies for a visa that could be used to help her application.

One thing is she needs to make it clear if asked that she wants to be with you, not because she wants to work in the UK rather than the Philippines, as otherwise the Embassy may think your marriage isn't genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by swilson View Post
    my wife is a 55yr old filipina. i'm 60 & english. we married in canada 3yrs ago.i'm just going onto pension credits&my wife has just qualified as a carer. i could do with some advice on how to get her here with me as she wants to work here rather than the phil.
    Welcome! I would suggest you follow the advice given to you by Darren ... emphasising the point that your wife wants to come to the UK in order to BE WITH HER HUSBAND [rather than simply to work here] and you can't go wrong.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    You'll need to apply for a spouse visa, though to get a spouse visa you need to show that you have accommodation for the both of you to live in, and enough money to live on without needing additional public funds. A spouse visa would allow your wife to work straightaway and if she could get a job offer (which wouldn't be easy) before she applies for a visa that could be used to help her application.

One thing is she needs to make it clear if asked that she wants to be with you, not because she wants to work in the UK rather than the Philippines, as otherwise the Embassy may think your marriage isn't genuine.
    I agree and welcome to the forum swilson
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Quote Originally Posted by swilson View Post
    also mention in your letter of support that your wife has just qualified as a carer (send a copy of her certificate if you have one) also mentioning she intends to work, so bringing in more money to your household, so reducing further any risks your wife would need recourse to public funds, and that your wife should not have a problem finding employment as a carer as their are many vacancies.

good luck

Welcome to the forum!

Smile

hi
    welcome to the forum
    CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

Thread Information