Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Immigration Topic! I feel sick and tired!

Banned

Immigration Topic! I feel sick and tired!

I was at school yesterday, at the canteen, my classmates chatting about immigrants. They said their benefits are affected because of immigrants coming in the UK. Their benefits is decreasing and they moaning about immigrants who are staying here for years and still couldn't talk english. Blahblahblah

If you watch television, it's the same. It's always the topic and seems really a big problem of UK. blahbalahblah

If you read newspapers, same topic.Blahbalhblah

I told my husband, I feel bit affected as his wife is a foreigner and hear moanings , jobless at the moment, claiming benefits.

Lucky are those birds from other countries and migrates to UK, if british lives close to lakes and streams, and watch the birds at lakes/streams/rivers, then they feel happy anout migrated birds here. But if human beings migrates here, I don't know if they are happy.

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    I was at school yesterday, at the canteen, my classmates chatting about immigrants. They said their benefits are affected because of immigrants coming in the UK. Their benefits is decreasing and they moaning about immigrants who are staying here for years and still couldn't talk english. Blahblahblah

If you watch television, it's the same. It's always the topic and seems really a big problem of UK. blahbalahblah

If you read newspapers, same topic.Blahbalhblah

I told my husband, I feel bit affected as his wife is a foreigner and hear moanings , jobless at the moment, claiming benefits.

Lucky are those birds from other countries and migrates to UK, if british lives close to lakes and streams, and watch the birds at lakes/streams/rivers, then they feel happy anout migrated birds here. But if human beings migrates here, I don't know if they are happy.

Find yourself a job then hehe, so you won't feel guilty

Ah well, some immigrants are really not doing anything by the looks of things.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post

Ah well, some immigrants are really not doing anything by the looks of things.
    Well I paid lots of tax for 3 years and just had an operation. Of course I do, but I'm studying at the moment and I prefer part time only. Even Jobcentreplus sends me application forms from other companies which I feel pressure. My former employer said, he will rehire me, once I really feel better as my job there requires lifting.

Smile

hi pennyberry
    i wonder why your classmates letting you hear about their moaning, they know that you are one of the people they talking about.do they do that on purpose so you will feel guilty? just ignore them..
    show them that you are happy with your head held high
    CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
    hi pennyberry
    i wonder why your classmates letting you hear about their moaning, they know that you are one of the people they talking about.do they do that on purpose so you will feel guilty? just ignore them..
    I didn't ignore them. I moved and sat between them and shared some topics like filipino nurses here. I said we have 40,000+ nurses here and paying tax, and cannot work here if not gained at least 7.0 in their IELTS. And they didn't know about it.

Well I paid lots of tax for 3 years and just had an operation. Of course I do, but I'm studying at the moment and I prefer part time only. Even Jobcentreplus sends me application forms from other companies which I feel pressure. My former employer said, he will rehire me, once I really feel better as my job there requires lifting.
    hi pennyberry

Yep just ignore them, you don't have to feel pressured about it. They are just moaning and wanted more money from the government. Hope you get well soon

Ahhh ... not quite so easy, Zobel. Myrna has been here since March. Having a BSc + part-Masters', she taught for 22 years at a Govt High School in the Phils ... yet her degree doesn't "cut any ice" with the General Teaching Council in Scotland.

Conversely, BECAUSE of her graduate status, she's considered to be over-qualified for the likes of say, shop work ...

... so, for the time being, at least, she's sort of "piggy-in-the-middle". And I'll bet she is only one of many who find themselves in a similar situation!

Banned
    Yep just ignore them, you don't have to feel pressured about it. They are just moaning and wanted more money from the government. Hope you get well soon
    Thanks J&Z, Pumpkins!
    You are right! They really need money from benefits. But to be honest, they don't know that people like us, doesn't want to be a burden of UK gov't.

I asked my classmate who live close to ours and she is also my classmate in claiming benefits. I asked her if she got job applications from them and surprised! she isn't. . I consider myself lucky.

you should ignore them!

immigration as been around for years and it wont matter whos in goverment,all these countries signing upto the eu are getting bad press because we are getting told there flooding the country.

seems to me the are doing all the jobs uk citizens wont do and better too,so next time tell them to find out all the facts before they chat about a subject they have limited knowledge on.
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Ahhh ... not quite so easy, Zobel. Myrna has been here since March. Having a BSc + part-Masters', she taught for 22 years at a Govt High School in the Phils ... yet her degree doesn't "cut any ice" with the General Teaching Council in Scotland.

Conversely, BECAUSE of her graduate status, she's considered to be over-qualified for the likes of say, shop work ...

... so, for the time being, at least, she's sort of "piggy-in-the-middle. And I'll bet she is only one of many who find themselves in a similar situation!

Yes, you are right Arthur, sad but really right. Plenty of immigrants are very qualified to do a particular job that's why they are not being hired. But what annoys me most are those people who are moaning about income benefits but still wont do anything to find a decent job. All they want is to get money from the government and just be lazy.

I pray your Myrna will find one soon. (what about not declaring her qualifications? eeekk, will it help?)

Banned

... so, for the time being, at least, she's sort of "piggy-in-the-middle. And I'll bet she is only one of many who find themselves in a similar situation!
    You're absolutely right Arthur. There are many here who has degrees and tring to find a good one, but it's not that easy.

Anyway, we are not picky, as much as possible being a good citizen is our goal and not a burden here.

Goodluck to your wifey Arthur. How about if she enrol some courses to help her employed someday?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    you should ignore them!

immigration as been around for years and it wont matter whos in goverment,all these countries signing upto the eu are getting bad press because we are getting told there flooding the country.

seems to me the are doing all the jobs uk citizens wont do and better too,so next time tell them to find out all the facts before they chat about a subject they have limited knowledge on.
    No, I can be friendly with them and share what's the topic!

Yes! Gov't seems stands for EU only and I'm jealous!
    Hubby said they can claim benefits from day 1. But we, that is not applicable.

you don't need to tell you have graduate status to be a shop worker..if you are serious about working you tell them what they need to hear...end of the day it pays better than back home...nothing wrong with ''rollleyes..shop work''
    CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

you don't need to tell you have graduate status to be a shop worker..if you are serious about working you tell them what they need to hear...end of the day it pays better than back home...nothing wrong with ''rollleyes..shop work''
    Good philosophy Pumpkins,in the words of my grandfather "Owts better than nowt"

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    hi pennyberry
    Poor hubby, his name always changed with Berry

Respected Member
    As what everyone said here already, just ignore them penny.....do not entertain whatever they say....
    The more you listen to them, the more bad you will just feel.....you know better...
    You know you're not a burden in this country and you made sufficient contributions in the past years as a taxpayer here....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Respected Member
    Myrna has been here since March. Having a BSc + part-Masters', she taught for 22 years at a Govt High School in the Phils ... yet her degree doesn't "cut any ice" with the General Teaching Council in Scotland.

... so, for the time being, at least, she's sort of "piggy-in-the-middle". And I'll bet she is only one of many who find themselves in a similar situation!
    I couldn't agree with you more arthur Sad reality
    Anyway, i wish myrna all the best on her future job prospects
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    As what everyone said here already, just ignore them penny.....do not entertain whatever they say....
    The more you listen to them, the more bad you will just feel.....you know better...
    You know you're not a burden in this country and you made sufficient contributions in the past years as a taxpayer here....
    Thanks Sophie! I will try to ignore
    I will have no bad feeling against them.
    Just want them to be considerate and should learn more about immigrants.
    They better focus on illegal immigrants, overstayers and wish UK gov't will sort this things out.

At present this is an emotive subject. I think people are simply looking for someone to blame, and this was rightly pointed out by Question Time panelists last night. Whenever the far right get an issue, it is always someones fault, when my dad was young, it was the blacks, then it was the Pakis, now it is Muslim faith fault. NEVER EVER listen to it.

After all we fought together in the war against a common evil of fascism. You Filipino ancestors fought side by side with the allies in the war against the Japanese.

They probably feel immigrants are getting houses before them. So they want to point the finger and blame.As for benefits being affected, this is misinformed. Do immigrants claim benefits? Indirectly perhaps. They are talking about housing benefits and getting the rent paid for them, or perhaps they feel some gain they are not getting. Always about "Wheres my share?"

The real truth is. They should be having a go at the bankers. I have no idea why immigrants who wish to make life better for loved ones should get the blame for less money when bankers get paid millions. No one can justify that. What do you think?

Remember the BNP's Mr Griffin was so stupid about his history he said only indigenous people should be allowed to stay. Those people that have been here for 17,000 years. It was pointed out to him that noone was here during that time, because there was an Ice Age, and the people traveled to the UK when the ice melted. Noone can be proven to be indigenous people. His argument were disingenuous, he looked flustered, stressed, and kept changing his mind about his beliefs. Were you quoted as saying that? No I never said that. The papers always lie about everything I said. Well you can't argue with video evidence-on Youtube, you said that standing next to a Klu Klux Klan member. Oh they are a non violent organisation he says smirking.

In the end, he made a complete an utter fool of himself. The British public are not stupid and you should understand we are just sick of the corrupt MPs at the present and want them to get their fingers out to fix things.
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

you *don't need to tell you have graduate status to be a shop worker..if you are serious about working you tell them what they need to hear...end of the day it pays better than back home...nothing wrong with ''rollleyes..shop work''
    Ah, but you *DO! Practically every employer here in the UK nowadays expects applicants to produce a CV ... especially large superstores (even if the work involves nothing more than making up sandwiches). I know this for a fact, as one of the jobs Myrna applied for entailed doing JUST THAT, and she was turned down ... presumably because she was [academically] over-qualified, although I cannot be certain, since she didn't even get the length of an interview.

No, there's nothing wrong with shop work ... nor had my post been intended to imply there WAS! But whereas when I was young, one could simply walk into ... let's say ... a shop, office ... or whatever, and ask if there were any vacancies available, current Employment Legislation dictates that ALL jobs must be advertised.

Thank God, I'm retired!

Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post

*They should be having a go at the bankers. I have no idea why immigrants who wish to make life better for loved ones should get the blame for less money when bankers get paid millions. No one can justify that. What do you think?
    *Absolutely!

Banned
    At present this is an emotive subject. I think people are simply looking for someone to blame, and this was rightly pointed out by Question Time panelists last night. Whenever the far right get an issue, it is always someones fault, when my dad was young, it was the blacks, then it was the Pakis, now it is Muslim faith fault. NEVER EVER listen to it.

After all we fought together in the war against a common evil of fascism. You Filipino ancestors fought side by side with the allies in the war against the Japanese.

They probably feel immigrants are getting houses before them. So they want to point the finger and blame.As for benefits being affected, this is misinformed. Do immigrants claim benefits? Indirectly perhaps. They are talking about housing benefits and getting the rent paid for them, or perhaps they feel some gain they are not getting. Always about "Wheres my share?"

The real truth is. They should be having a go at the bankers. I have no idea why immigrants who wish to make life better for loved ones should get the blame for less money when bankers get paid millions. No one can justify that. What do you think?

Remember the BNP's Mr Griffin was so stupid about his history he said only indigenous people should be allowed to stay. Those people that have been here for 17,000 years. It was pointed out to him that noone was here during that time, because there was an Ice Age, and the people traveled to the UK when the ice melted. Noone can be proven to be indigenous people. His argument were disingenuous, he looked flustered, stressed, and kept changing his mind about his beliefs. Were you quoted as saying that? No I never said that. The papers always lie about everything I said. Well you can't argue with video evidence-on Youtube, you said that standing next to a Klu Klux Klan member. Oh they are a non violent organisation he says smirking.

In the end, he made a complete an utter fool of himself. The British public are not stupid and you should understand we are just sick of the corrupt MPs at the present and want them to get their fingers out to fix things.

Ahh, I'm downloading it on youtube now - Hi quality, therefore it's taking bloody ages...

then, I shall opine out loud on what I see!

It'll be interesting hearing what the ridiculously-voiced Nazi boy has to say . . . more-so how he says it!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hubbard View Post
    Ahh, I'm downloading it on youtube now - Hi quality, therefore it's taking bloody ages...

then, I shall opine out loud on what I see!

It'll be interesting hearing what the ridiculously-voiced Nazi boy has to say . . . more-so how he says it!
    indeed, I'm sure there's nothing to paint Mr Griffin as a fascist *hint, see attachment below*
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Ah, but you *DO! Practically every employer here in the UK nowadays expects applicants to produce a CV ... especially large superstores (even if the work involves nothing more than making up sandwiches). I know this for a fact, as one of the jobs Myrna applied for entailed doing JUST THAT, and she was turned down ... presumably because she was over-qualified, although I cannot be certain, since she didn't even get the length of an interview.

No, there's nothing wrong with shop work ... nor had my post been intended to imply there WAS! But whereas when I was young, one could simply walk into ... let's say ... a shop, office ... or whatever, and ask if there were any vacancies available, current Employment Legislation dictates that ALL jobs must be advertised.

Thank God, I'm retired!

In a very dark time for me in the past, I got rejected by 3 different branches of mcdonalds on the premise that I'm overeducated seeing I have been to University!

Damn you FE! You were supposed to get me a job, not get me rejected!

Banned

Good post G2J!
    Months ago,I watched about British Ancestors from thousand years ago. I forgot what they called them. They were not white, big ears, big face.

Our ancestors, fought with Japanese as well as Spaniards because it's our own country and they didn't treat us well. Spanish called us Indio and did something against our country. Japanese as well.

But this times, we treat foreigners something special.
    No more wars and we always declare love.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more arthur Sad reality
    Anyway, i wish myrna all the best on her future job prospects
    Many thanks, Sophie.

Unfortunately, there are some people that move to the UK as family members or asylum seekers, never seek work, claim against the state as much as they are able, and dont learn to speak more than the most basic english skills.
    This is not me being racist, it is reality.
    I would NEVER tar all immigrants with the same brush though, which is what many people here in the UK seem to do.
    My fiancee is upset and feels guilty a lot right now because she is not ALLOWED to work. I find this completely ridiculous when so many are put up, clothed and fed at taxpayers expense!
    I believe THIS is what people object to most, but the small minority that do this tarnish the reputation of every other immigrant.
    'The mind is like a parachute - It works best when its OPEN'

If you find my posts useful, amusing or interesting please feel free to add to my reputation

Banned
    They were not white, big ears, big face.
    You mean prince charles and camilla's baby?

Good post G2J!
    Months ago,I watched about British Ancestors from thousand years ago. I forgot what they called them. They were not white, big ears, big face.

Our ancestors, fought with Japanese as well as Spaniards because it's our own country and they didn't treat us well. Spanish called us Indio and did something against our country. Japanese as well.

But this times, we treat foreigners something special.
    No more wars and we always declare love.
    Dont forget the americans Pen,I never understood the philippino fascination with americans,after all didnt they kill an estimated 600,000 pinoys during the
    Filipino-american war,we all know what the "The monkeys have no tails in Zamboanga" song was referring to

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    I always have my CV, I don't change the Education and Working experience.
    It will be confusing if you changed it if you apply any position.
    If employers says I'm overqualified, I say, I'm willing to start from the bottom.
    If employers says I'm under qualified, I just says give me a break Sir!
    We should tell the truth in our CV. IMHO

Ah, but you *DO! Practically every employer here in the UK nowadays expects applicants to produce a CV ... especially large superstores (even if the work involves nothing more than making up sandwiches). I know this for a fact, as one of the jobs Myrna applied for entailed doing JUST THAT, and she was turned down ... presumably because she was [academically] over-qualified, although I cannot be certain, since she didn't even get the length of an interview.

Thank God, I'm retired!

You don't need CV anymore.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information