Thread: Philippines or Thailand

Newbie (Restricted Access) GOJUMAN's Avatar

Question Philippines or Thailand

Hi People ,,

Well i was in Thailand in 2007 and had a very nice trip but i would like to go and check out the Philippines as i want to settle out of the uk very soon which is the better country for living meeting somebody etc cars visa's would really like to know your views ,, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GOJUMAN View Post
    Hi People ,,

Well i was in Thailand in 2007 and had a very nice trip but i would like to go and check out the Philippines as i want to settle out of the uk very soon which is the better country for living meeting somebody etc cars visa's would really like to know your views ,, thanks

depends on what your main interests are really and where in both countrys you are thinking of living.

in both countrys you can meet nice ladies for a relationship- however in my opinion the thai ladies- generally are more money orientated over their filippina counterparts who are more looking for love.

visa wise- in thailand dependant on your age will determine what visa you can get- under 50 you will need the non immigration O visa whgich means you will have to leave the country every 3 months which can be a pain depending on where you want to settle

not sure in the Philippines about visas but i believe its easier

Thailand- to my mind is overall safer- and they drive on the correct side of the Rd for a start and they have a better infrastructure.

if you are to spend an amount of time in Thailand- apart from Bangkok an Pattaya its best to learn Thai

however once you have been to the Philippines the ladies have a magical effect on you

they speak english (which is probably the only main benefit that the Amercians left behind) so communicating is a lot easier and in my opinion are more wanting of a real relationship not based on money

a lot of what you are looking for will only be found by travelling around until you find somewhere you can feel comfortable settling at so it may be a good idea to not make your mind up straight away
    dont just concentrate on the main tourist areas tho as you will miss some of the best places to settle if you do

thats just my opinions- i lived upcountry in Thailand for a while a few years ago - i am sure more here will give better advice than me

whatever you decide - good luck with it

Thread Information