Thread: Booked At Last!!

Booked At Last!!

My first trip to Manila is finally booked and Im so excited. I can't wait to see my BF.

I fly out on the 18th Nov, just for a week. My flights are with Cathay Pacific and I will be staying in Makati at the Somerset Salcedo.

I have a long list of things that I want to see and do. And much to my BF's annoyance, top of the list shopping. First stop Mall Of Asia.

Just need to save some spending money now!

Banned
    haha, tell him you'll get him some nice things at mall of asia, and he'll perk right up

You are only coming for a week? The jetlag will probably last for about 8 days or so, so you'll be wrecked when you get back to UK, yuks!

That said, hope you enjoy .. .

have you been before? I think this is your first time right?

Quote Originally Posted by James Hubbard View Post
    haha, tell him you'll get him some nice things at mall of asia, and he'll perk right up

You are only coming for a week? The jetlag will probably last for about 8 days or so, so you'll be wrecked when you get back to UK, yuks!

That said, hope you enjoy .. .

have you been before? I think this is your first time right?

I think I may have to bribe him with some goodies to actually get him to the mall!.

I can only fit in a week with my job. I went to Alaska to see him in May for a week and they are 9 hours behind, I was absolutely hanging when I got home but it was worth it.

Its my first time and Im really looking forward to it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by englishbird View Post

I think I may have to bribe him with some goodies to actually get him to the mall!.

I can only fit in a week with my job. I went to Alaska to see him in May for a week and they are 9 hours behind, I was absolutely hanging when I got home but it was worth it.

Its my first time and Im really looking forward to it.
    enjoy it but also . . . just remember to be on your guard 24 hours a day. As a whitey (I assume) and a woman, you're a walking target... sad but true.

I know you will have a great time. Let the BF negotiate everything, let him do all the talking, all the work . . . otherwise you'll get scammed till you have no money to spend in the mall!

as for bribing him . . . I think it will most definitely work . . .

enjoy it but also . . . just remember to be on your guard 24 hours a day. As a whitey (I assume) and a woman, you're a walking target... sad but true.
    Don't carry a handbag, too easy to snatch, if you do carry one, don't keep anything valuable in it, wear some tight jeans and keep your money and your cards etc in your pockets.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Don't carry a handbag, too easy to snatch, if you do carry one, don't keep anything valuable in it, wear some tight jeans and keep your money and your cards etc in your pockets.
    possibly best to keep a couple of wallets. One for going out that has the necessities in it ...

and one securely tucked away at the hotel with all your important stuff in it

the drawback is . . . maybe you'll need the important stuff with you when you're out, but ...

englishbird, you know how to be safe i'm sure

Respected Member
    My first trip to Manila is finally booked and Im so excited. I can't wait to see my BF.

I fly out on the 18th Nov, just for a week. My flights are with Cathay Pacific and I will be staying in Makati at the Somerset Salcedo.

I have a long list of things that I want to see and do. And much to my BF's annoyance, top of the list shopping. First stop Mall Of Asia.

Have fun on your upcoming trip to the philippines english bird
    I'm sure your bf knows already the safe places to go to and the bad areas to avoid
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Banned
    have a great trip.... but shopping at mall of asia?? hmmmm.... you need more that a week to be able to go to all the shops... better if you stay in makati and shop at greenbelt, glorietta, and powerplant...

Enjoy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    have a great trip.... but shopping at mall of asia?? hmmmm.... you need more that a week to be able to go to all the shops... better if you stay in makati and shop at greenbelt, glorietta, and powerplant...

Enjoy!!!
    yep definitely and shangrila plaza as well,done ma shoppin there...

Hope you enjoy your stay in the Philippines., sure you will.... If you will be staying in Makati then explore the city and enjoy shopping in various Malls mentioned by Florge.
    Best of luck.
    Take care.
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

[QUOTE=J
    [/QUOTE]

yes, I've been a few times for 1 wk, the thing is your travelling for 2 days and with jetlag your knackered then b4 you know it your hol is over

so make use of every minute, you can find time to sleep on the plane home

i use to try and go for as long as possible depending on how many hol days i had left from work, so most of the time comng back from the phils, i would arrive at Manchester int at say 6:30am, go home change me clothes and go to work , fell a sleep a couple of times at work, but i don't think anyone noticed

My first trip to Manila is finally booked and Im so excited.I fly out on the 18th Nov, just for a week. My flights are with Cathay Pacific

*Just need to save some spending money now!
    *Best "get a jildy on" [be quick] ... as November 18 won't be long in coming round! Your excitement is almost tangible! Have a lovely time with your mahal!

Have a great time here.
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Enjoy your stay!

have a nice trip!,but short trip.

i was only there for a week to meet my wife for the first time.

bribing him with a shopping trip try something else
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Happy shopping!!! I'm pretty sure you'll go crazy in the Philippines!!! LOts of stuff to buy!! yay! Enjoy your holiday with your man!

hope you have a great trip and enjoyyyyyyy

have a great time here in manila englishbird i guess you will find glorietta and greenbelt more intresting that mall of asia you can also visit market market and the whole of bonifacio stretch in Taguig, lots of good buys there and of course Trinoma up in the city north... I hope the weather is much better when you visit here... it starts raining again... grrr!

Thanks everyone. I am a little concerned about being a target for bag snatchers and pickpockets etc. But Im sure that if Im sensible and careful, then things should be fine. Im not sure that I can go out without my handbag!.

I will try not to spend the whole week shopping. I really want to see some of the city also.

Banned
    Thanks everyone. I am a little concerned about being a target for bag snatchers and pickpockets etc. But Im sure that if Im sensible and careful, then things should be fine. Im not sure that I can go out without my handbag!.

I will try not to spend the whole week shopping. I really want to see some of the city also.

Seriously, in manila? . . . In my humble humble humble opinion . . . there's not much else to do (although, I don't much like that city ...at all)! Maybe you and him should head up to baguio, just you and him. Much less stressed enviroment than Manila!

I'll send you a PM if I can!

James.

Respected Member
    Seriously, in manila? . . . In my humble humble humble opinion . . . there's not much else to do (although, I don't much like that city ...at all)! Maybe you and him should head up to baguio, just you and him. Much less stressed enviroment than Manila!

James.
    Corregidor Island and Tagaytay/Taal are both worth a visit. Struggling to think of much else.

Have a nice trip englishbird...enjoy your moments together...we will visit philippines soon...

with ur handbag just always hold it infront of u all the time

Your be fine in manila you see quite a few white ladies some with phill mahals/hubbies others there working or because there other half is.

ATC mall in alabang often has plenty of KLM and other air stewadesses walking about and they seem totally comfortable.

Shopping malls unlike in the UK are normally extremely safe inside and no shop or mall will want you hurt or robbed.

Remeber most if not all malls have security where people are searched on the way in and plenty of armed security guards on most shop doors.

For example in ATC once i was withdrawning money at one atm near an entrance where guards were standing and one guy (im surely totally innocent) moved too near me and he was shouted at with out me noticing he was even there to get back by one of the guards.
    I dont think they want a foreigner robbed near them as they want to keep their jobs, its not right but you will in most cases looked after better than a typical phill.

Have a great Journey and dont forget to pack your ice skates
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

James.
    Thanks James, my Bf did mention Baguio a while ago. Im not really too bothered, im just happy to be going there and spending some time with him.

If I get bored with shopping, Im sure we can find something to do!.

Banned
    Thanks James, my Bf did mention Baguio a while ago. Im not really too bothered, im just happy to be going there and spending some time with him.

If I get bored with shopping, Im sure we can find something to do!.

Baguio is too far from Makati.
    Try to stay in Tagaytay if you get bored shopping and want to avoid humid temperature. Tagaytay is just around 50 miles away from Manila.
    Tagaytay is cool and not polluted by smoke. Temperature is around 18-22 degrees.
    You can travel there by bus and jeepney. It cost around 90-100 pesos(each) one way from Makati.(75p)
    Take a bus from Gil Puyat Taft Train station. There's bus (JAM) there bound to Balibago Sta Rosa. Fare is around 50 pesos each. From Balibago to Tagaytay, there's jeepney station there going to Tagaytay. Fare is about 20-30 pesos each. If you reached Tagaytay, you can choose accommodations there. That is if you like looking around outside Makati with your bf.
    Goodluck and enjoy your stay.

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    Baguio is too far from Makati.
    Try to stay in Tagaytay if you get bored shopping and want to avoid humid temperature. Tagaytay is just around 50 miles away from Manila.
    Tagaytay is cool and not polluted by smoke. Temperature is around 18-22 degrees.
    You can travel there by bus and jeepney. It cost around 90-100 pesos(each) one way from Makati.(75p)
    Take a bus from Gil Puyat Taft Train station. There's bus (JAM) there bound to Balibago Sta Rosa. Fare is around 50 pesos each. From Balibago to Tagaytay, there's jeepney station there going to Tagaytay. Fare is about 20-30 pesos each. If you reached Tagaytay, you can choose accommodations there. That is if you like looking around outside Makati with your bf.
    Goodluck and enjoy your stay.
    Tagtay a great place to go lovely resturants with great views and of course Santa Rosa nearby has Enchanted Kingdon a Theme Park which even if you dont go one many rides great fun to watch everyone else on the rides and the fireworks
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Respected Member

Don't forget to bring a pen, my boyfriend told me, the next time he visits I have to remind him to bring one.

I love Mall of Asia (MOA), it's my favorite mall in Manila. If you do go there, you might want to watch the fireworks display held every Fridays and Saturdays.

I hope you have a great time when you get here.

Take care.
    When in doubt, mumble.

Thread Information