Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Finally here

Banned
    Well today has been a cool day! The weather in Barili was hotter than I had experienced so far.. But I started the day nice and early.

Rizza is waiting on me, hand and foot.. I try to tell her to stop fussing over me but she insists on making my food, serving my food, ensuring I am comfortable at all times... Ahh, bliss!

Her family here in Barili have been just as welcoming. The interviews continued today but I am told by some friends I passed!! And I have also been welcomed into the family which was surprising but very touching as well.

Today we had Lechon. A great experience as we had a party to go with it with everyone getting together to eat and have a good time on what was a very hot Sunday. There was so much meat it has evolved into the dinner this evening as well as being donated in parts to various family members.. This pig was huge! As for my first taste of Lechon? The meat was perfectly cooked and the skin was very crispy, although a bit too rich for me. I have no idea how some of the others I could see were eating a huge chunk of the skin, my taste buds got overloaded with it pretty quickly..

Bring on the rest of the evening! And I am sure tomorrow will be as good..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Well today has been a cool day! The weather in Barili was hotter than I had experienced so far.. But I started the day nice and early.

Rizza is waiting on me, hand and foot.. I try to tell her to stop fussing over me but she insists on making my food, serving my food, ensuring I am comfortable at all times... Ahh, bliss!

Her family here in Barili have been just as welcoming. The interviews continued today but I am told by some friends I passed!! And I have also been welcomed into the family which was surprising but very touching as well.

Today we had Lechon. A great experience as we had a party to go with it with everyone getting together to eat and have a good time on what was a very hot Sunday. There was so much meat it has evolved into the dinner this evening as well as being donated in parts to various family members.. This pig was huge! As for my first taste of Lechon? The meat was perfectly cooked and the skin was very crispy, although a bit too rich for me. I have no idea how some of the others I could see were eating a huge chunk of the skin, my taste buds got overloaded with it pretty quickly..

Wow! Lechon!!! I like Cebu lechon, I like the skin but there's always worry whilst eating lechon. High blood, cholesterol, but still I like it! I eat only a little not huge lol!

Enjoy your stay Sean!

oh my oh my Rizza is from Barili i love Barili i used to work at Sta Ana Academy....Rizza knows the place i bet

Enjoy the place people there are so nice go to moalboal beach or kawasan nice there.

Enjoy Sean
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Great to hear and sounds like your having the time of your Life. I love Lechon as love roast pork and crackiling back here in the UK

You do realise when Rizza in UK you have to wait on her hand and foot everyday
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

wow i mis lechon ummmmm
    i feel so hangry now
    and nice to hear sean you injoy your stay in cebu

Quote Originally Posted by lizaphil View Post
    wow i mis lechon ummmmm
    i feel so hangry now
    and nice to hear sean you injoy your stay in cebu
    Looks like the bloke next to you in the picture has eaten way to much Lechon
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Looks like the bloke next to you in the picture has eaten way to much Lechon
    oo he had lots of air his body

Hi Sean thanks for an update, Im glad that you're having a good time in there with Rizza and family. And also thanks for making us jealous about the lechon
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Banned
    As for waiting on Rizza when she gets to the UK... I already told her this morning I was going to do that!

Lechon was good, we even had it again for dinner later that evening.. I have already been to Kawasan falls, we went on our first day in Barili. As for the people here, they are great people from what I have seen so far.

Rizza is not from Barili. Her father is from her and she has a lot of relatives here. She is from Mindanao, and we are going there tomorrow for a week or so to meet her parents and her mothers family. But she has been in Barili for the last 2 years and yes... She knows the St. Ana Academy

Well, today has only just started. Breakfast is coming.. I'll keep you all posted!

Wow, that's nice to know that you are having a lovely time with Rizza. Enjoy the food and the scenery!
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Are you passing through Cagayan de Oro...I'll wave if I see you.

How about Camiguin, I think you said you were going?...I keep seeing it in the distance & wishing we were going again.

Happy traveling

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Are you passing through Cagayan de Oro...I'll wave if I see you.

How about Camiguin, I think you said you were going?...I keep seeing it in the distance & wishing we were going again.

Happy traveling
    Not sure if Camiguin is happening now. Probably not! But yes we are passing through CDO.

you know what! you are just making us jealous with all your trips / exploration in Phils. & even food as well, while we are here facing the dark, frosty, cold & wet weather in UK

anyway, ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR STAY.... it seems you are!
    with a heart full of love, you will express your highest potential while also fulfilling your soul's deepest purpose:
    TO LOVE AND BE LOVED!

Not sure if Camiguin is happening now. Probably not! But yes we are passing through CDO.
    If your going to be in CDO on a Friday or Saturday night make sure you checkout the night cafe in Divisoria, the main city square, lots of BBQ and live music etc, you'll love it!

Respected Member
    Glad to hear you're having a blast!
    Can't wait to see pictures of you and your mahal together.
    Enjoy the rest of your trip!
    When in doubt, mumble.

Banned
    Those fg Roosters! 4am and all I hear is cockadoodledooooo....

Ahh well, up early for a day of traveling I guess! Today we take a cruise to Mindanao and see how romantic the ferry is.. Seems like my accommodation in Valencia is sorted Staying with the in laws! Talk about going native! My shower will be a pale and my food of choice will be rice with whatever I can get! Tawi2 would be so proud

Although, actually I am looking forward to it. How many visitors to Pinas get to experience life like a Filipino? Not many I think. Towards the end of the trip I will upscale it again and book into a nice hotel in Cebu before I fly out but till then I am happy to rough it a bit. Although, with Rizza fussing over my every move it is unlikely to be uncomfortable in any way..

Roughing it is the most rewarding way to stay...just hope those cockroaches don't start running over you in the night...Horrible!

I guess you will already have arrived, when you read this, but when the ferry pulls into CDO, all the kids will come out to greet the ship, in boats.
    Throw coins & they will dive into retrieve them...It's great to see.

Best thing about the breaking of the dawn is the roosters I used to sleep with them right outside my windows,next sunday get your revenge on them and go watch them engaging in gladatorial bouts,tam is ang panimalos

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Question

Sounds like you are really enjoying your stay their Sean with Rizza's family and friends Thanks for the updates

I stayed their from 1999 to 2001 and i enjoyed every moment of it beautiful people

Enjoy Sean
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Enjoy your stay in my beloved city
    I'll be there soon for Sinulog

Take time to know your Rizza and her family..

Savour the moment in Philppines with your lovely lady

Banned
    Thanks Guys..

Well, right now I am on my second day in Valencia (we arrived early yesterday) and I have met Rizza's parents. They seem pleased with me! Despite being twice the size of their angel Oh well...

I am staying in her Grandparents house and I am living like a Filipino as well, except I can't take to the fish..

Rizza really misses her family as she has been away in Barili and Cebu now for 3 years so we have decided to stay a little longer than planned. Right now I am in the mall at one of the internet cafes. I am pretty sure I am one of the few white people to grace these parts as I get looked at all of the time!! Still not sure what to make of it.. Although if a few looks come from mean looking dudes with bulges in their pockets... I am off! For who knows their intentions

Everyone of the neighbours seems to pop by to say hello and when we pass by on the tricycle we get a lot of waves.. It truly is an experience!

Should be here another week and then back to Cebu!

everyone will look at you,i noticed i get a lot of guys looking at me

the ladies will just look but man stare at me for longer,must be thinking i took one of there ladies

its good to see your seeing the real philipines!
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Hi Northener and Rizza!
    My husband Kenny started coming here the Philippines in 2004, His first experience was a total disaster. His second experience was a total scam! However he never lose hope or faith that not all filipinas are bad.
    In 2008,He came to meet me. We had 2 wonderful weeks together and continued our engagement, After 1 year He came back here and on the 30th of oct. We became man and wife , and now very happy and looking forward for a happy marriage life!

Good luck on your Journey... of searching your true love.
    Regards,
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    i noticed i get a lot of guys looking at me
    but man stare at me for longer,must be thinking i took one of there ladies

Yep they're jealous haha

Have fun Sean!!! Weather here is a bit horrible today :-(

enjoy ur holiday

Those fg Roosters! 4am and all I hear is cockadoodledooooo....

Ahh well, up early for a day of traveling I guess! Today we take a cruise to Mindanao and see how romantic the ferry is.. Seems like my accommodation in Valencia is sorted Staying with the in laws! Talk about going native! My shower will be a pale and my food of choice will be rice with whatever I can get! Tawi2 would be so proud

Although, actually I am looking forward to it. How many visitors to Pinas get to experience life like a Filipino? Not many I think. Towards the end of the trip I will upscale it again and book into a nice hotel in Cebu before I fly out but till then I am happy to rough it a bit. Although, with Rizza fussing over my every move it is unlikely to be uncomfortable in any way..

.................that is what my bf missed now, the roosters noise, hahaha, 'coz when i am in the philippines we used to talk, early morning in Phil, and night time in Uk.....hmmmmmmmm....anyway enjoy your time in Philippines, just try to visit Malapascua, ''island of Cebu'', to see the coral garden..''wow''....it seems like a man'made landscape, ............

Banned
    Well, had a bit of a scare yesterday. Took my visa card to the ATM and tried to withdraw money (for the second day in a row) and it failed to connect (for the second day in a row..). I had already phoned the bank to ensure they had not blocked my card and they insisted that everything was fine at their end... Oh well (a nice 18 quid phone call).. Tried another ATM machine and hey presto! Cash came out The wonders of modern technology!

Seems the BDO bank is the bank that likes to say off..

Today I am doing something new! Taking a good walk round Valencia!! Travelling here I got a bit of sunburn and the last 2 days I have been chesty and cought a cold! I think it is the heavy dust on these roads? Who knows.. But I am starting to feel better today.. So really the last few days has been spent between the mall and Rizza's family home.

Getting used to the bucket and pale Almost seems second nature. But being a bit ill has meant I lost my appetite and I decided today to aid in my recovery I was in need of some comfort food! Namely Pizza Plus I am getting tired of Rice

Those Roosters are clearly Evil and knew I was coming! Evil I tell ya, Evil...

Well, we will see what this week brings....

Well, had a bit of a scare yesterday. Took my visa card to the ATM and tried to withdraw money (for the second day in a row) and it failed to connect (for the second day in a row..). I had already phoned the bank to ensure they had not blocked my card and they insisted that everything was fine at their end... Oh well (a nice 18 quid phone call).. Tried another ATM machine and hey presto! Cash came out The wonders of modern technology!

Seems the BDO bank is the bank that likes to say off..

Today I am doing something new! Taking a good walk round Valencia!! Travelling here I got a bit of sunburn and the last 2 days I have been chesty and cought a cold! I think it is the heavy dust on these roads? Who knows.. But I am starting to feel better today.. So really the last few days has been spent between the mall and Rizza's family home.

Getting used to the bucket and pale Almost seems second nature. But being a bit ill has meant I lost my appetite and I decided today to aid in my recovery I was in need of some comfort food! Namely Pizza Plus I am getting tired of Rice

Those Roosters are clearly Evil and knew I was coming! Evil I tell ya, Evil...

Well, we will see what this week brings....

hahaha roosters my husband love it when its start cockering in the morning you gonna use to it if you stay there a bit longer, enjoy evry single moment of your mahal.
    all things are possible!

Banned
    Mayoon Guntagg..

Ahh.. Bukidnon.. Where do I begin?

So far the mosquitoes are eating me alive so much that my gracious hosts installed a mosquito net to the bed I am sleepig in, to allow me to sleep without providing food every night to the entire local mosquito population..

We (myself and Rizza) decided to take everyone swimming at a local resort just outside of Valencia called "RR?", which is basically a mini theme park with a few pools for kids and live music. It is really a hotel resort like pontins and from what I could see of the place it would be a great place to take a family. Again, I was the only white person so everyone looked at me with a "huh!!" expression I am so used to now.. So I had a good time and spent the day trying to decipher the random words I recognize when I heard my name amidst the conversation.. All in all a good afternoon.

I have also noticed what I think is an alien concept here in Valencia. Dog Food! Rizza's grandparents have two dogs, an older dog and a puppy. The puppy seems to be my best friend now as I am the only person who actually treats it to something other than scraps I got funny looks when I tried to feed the pup a fresh slice of ham not yet tainted by flies or half eaten... Seems I was in the wrong?!?! Ahh, well.. A good insight into how food is prioritized here in the Philipinnes.

Last week in Mindanao this week, then back to Cebu by Saturday morning. I have decided that the Marriot is where I will spend my last few days in the Philippines, hot shower.. No Mosqutoes.. Good Food.. Need to re adjust before I go back to the UK or I might find myself standing in the shower with a bowl in hand... Ok.. Poor joke..

Hopefully when we get back to Cebu I an get some photo's uploaded...

Banned
    So, has she captured your heart now?

Are you smitten?

Don't get too bored with rice - it will be a staple in your home when she joins you!

A tabo appeared in our bathroom yesterday even though we have a shower (don't ask me)!

Have fun there with your mahal

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information