Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Finally here

I think it was feb or march this year I flew into Zamboanga,hadnt been there for ages so I dumped my bags in the Hotel and headed for the port to see if it had changed much,guy stepped out of an alleyway and said "Give me your money" I am surprised that happened to you in Cebu though,a few years ago I slept in a doorway in downtown Cebu just to try and see it from a homeless persons perspective,got a few odd looks but no hassle whatsoever,the country is changing year on year At least you experienced the grass roots Its always different from the sterile isolation of a Marriott room or the cleanliness and bustle of a modern mall,you stayed in a typical pinoy house,kudos for that

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Oh those turkeys didn't stop me in Cebu, they stopped me in manila. At the gate, after passing all the security and going past the duty free.. I think they were cleaners and thought they could scare me into handing over some cash. Sure, there was three of them but I already decided to not give in to them. Even stroking my right cheek just so I had a hand to cover - just in case!

Getting robbed was something that didn't happen to me in the Phils this time, and yes there will be more times!!! Unless you count those manila taxi drivers, as I could say they robbed me

Manila taxi drivers think everyone bar themselves is a total and utter idiotAt least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask when he robbed people The first time I ever went to Pinas my Taxi driver had a mesh cage around him He told me there had been a spate of robberies,taxi-drivers being stabbed for their cash In hindsight I think maybe it was to protect him from disgruntled passangers

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Well, my final cab driver stung me for 250 pesos from terminal 2 to terminal 1, reckoned that was what the meter said!!! So if he does that to all his white customers, I am not too shocked to learn some other Filipino might want to rob him...

Ahh well, back home where I know the tricks.. Got the bus home too.. Why pay a taxi when a bus takes me round the corner!! Besides.... Had enough of taxis for a while...

Welcome back home. I have been following your exploits keenly.Reminds me a lot of my visits, but with no bad taxis,cleaners. But did experience the religion thing! Hope it all did not put you off going again.
    :Yesterday was history.Tomorrow is a mystery.Today is a gift.This is why it is called"The present!"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information