Thread: Practical Nursing in UK

Practical Nursing in UK

Three years ago, an international school with curriculum based in Canada and US launched Practical Nursing here in Ph. By far, they have only about four graduates of the 18-month course who successfully passed the NCLEX-PN and are now working in US. But the school appears to be promising for those who wish to work in homecares and hospitals in US and Canada as more-than-caregivers-but-less-than-registered-nurses. And they pass through employment agencies like the registered filipino nurses who work overseas. For the last 3 yrs, schools with local curriculum for practical nursing and nursing assistants have sprouted like mushrooms here in Ph. As the course implies, I find it more "practical" as it entails 18 months vs the painstaking and bloody expensive 2-3 yrs in a bachelor's degree in Nursing (subjects in college already credited!)

Questions:

Are there job opportunities in UK for graduates of Practical Nursing or licensed Practical Nurses from Ph?

If a bachelor's degree in Nursing will be pursued in the UK while working as Practical Nurse, will subjects taken from the Practical Nursing course be credited? ( i know i sound like you are a school registrar but you might still have some ideas to enlighten me with)

What helpful sites can you possibly recommend for us to read on about nurses (practical nurses not registered nurses, if any) in the UK?

Lastly, is there a forum on filipino nurses in the UK where I can seek help from too? (sorry i have not been able to surf as much as i have to)

Thank you very much. You've been of help to me from matters of the heart to i-know-everything-else-under-the-sun.

PS. I heard that there are state enrolled nurses (SENs) in UK, are they PNs?

hello deepred.....

u can visit this site http://www.nhsprofessionals.nhs.uk/

hope it will be able to give you more info's...

regards,

Jonah

Thread Information