Thread: need advice....

need advice....

hi everyone, me and my fiance plan to have our wedding next year. my fiance is under benefits and he start to budget and save 100 pound weekly for our wedding expenses, flights and soon hopefully application. if ever the family member of my fiance will shoulder the expenses of wedding and flight of him as wedding gift to us and we will just save all his savings now until next year for the application...my question is, is it ok if the family will be our sponsor to all expenses as there wedding gift to us? if yes, we need to make supporting letter from them all to explain the reason why the gift was given and we will let them signed as our supporting docs in our application? i read also in pakistan uk embassy, if someone will give a financial gift, needs there bank statement to show it wont make a financial loss to them? pls enlighten me....thank you

hi everyone, is anyone have idea on my inquires?..enlighten me pls.....thank you

Quote Originally Posted by adie_daryl View Post
    hi everyone, me and my fiance plan to have our wedding next year. my fiance is under benefits and he start to budget and save 100 pound weekly for our wedding expenses, flights and soon hopefully application. if ever the family member of my fiance will shoulder the expenses of wedding and flight of him as wedding gift to us and we will just save all his savings now until next year for the application...my question is, is it ok if the family will be our sponsor to all expenses as there wedding gift to us? if yes, we need to make supporting letter from them all to explain the reason why the gift was given and we will let them signed as our supporting docs in our application? i read also in pakistan uk embassy, if someone will give a financial gift, needs there bank statement to show it wont make a financial loss to them? pls enlighten me....thank you
    its ok for his family member to sponsor the wedding expenses.by the way who will really sponsor your visa application?

Quote Originally Posted by adie_daryl View Post
    my fiance is under benefits and he start to budget and save 100 pound weekly for our wedding expenses,)
    what benefits is your b/f getting ? and how is he able to save £100 a week on benefits, does he work ?

should be no problem with them providing financial support for his wedding, but no 3rd party financial support is allowed for his visa application for you

Quote Originally Posted by estherboaz View Post
    its ok for his family member to sponsor the wedding expenses.by the way who will really sponsor your visa application?

Hi estherboaz we plan to apply spouse visa 2011 as we cant save both wedding expenses including the flights and the same time for visa expenses and save for savings in his bank to show the eco that he really save and can support me without recourse of public funds. thats why we plan to have wedding first next year 2010 and apply for spouse visa 2011. just last week the family of my fiance willing to shoulder the expenses of wedding and his flights just to help us and we can apply next year on spouse visa instead 2011. might the family understand the feeling of my fiance since this is our 2nd application. ..thank you

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    what benefits is your b/f getting ? and how is he able to save £100 a week on benefits, does he work ?

should be no problem with them providing financial support for his wedding, but no 3rd party financial support is allowed for his visa application for you
    You asked this before...

http://filipinaroses.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=10

~£770/month and I guess rent paid for on top of that.

The question is though is if someone not entitled to public funds moves into the property, will the rent still be paid?

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    You asked this before...

The question is though is if someone not entitled to public funds moves into the property, will the rent still be paid?
    Darren,
    I'm pretty sure he cannot receive an increase in any of those benefits because his future wife is living there who has no recourse to public funds.

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    You asked this before...

Hi darren-b yup he received 770/month and that 770 is use only for all expenses from his house like electric,gas,water,food...about the house, my bf is no more paying monthly of rental of the house and the 770 will not deduct anymore to the rental of the house and tax since it is part of his benefits. he said to me he can able to save 400 pound monthly because he's expenses monthly is not to big.but sometimes if emergency comes, possible he cant save 400/month..might less than 400 in a month he can save...but he will try to save 400/month and budget all his money for us to have savings from bank.....thank you

Quote Originally Posted by estherboaz View Post
    hi estherboaz my bf will be the one sponsor my visa and expenses for application. if no problem if the family of him will sponsor to us in wedding expenses then we can apply earlier by 2010 after married instead of 2011 since he start to save now 400/month until next year and use it for our application instead on the original plan use it for wedding expenses and flights next year and apply for visa application 2011... because we cant really save both wedding and visa...thank you

Nobody can save £400 if they are on benefits unless they are doing something illegal. A single man over 25 and looking for a job gets £64.30. If your boyfriend is receiving £700 a month, then this includes a sum to pay for his housing. If he doesn't need the money for the rent then he must tell the benefits office, who will reduce his money.

Quote Originally Posted by English Rose View Post
    Nobody can save £400 if they are on benefits unless they are doing something illegal. A single man over 25 and looking for a job gets £64.30. If your boyfriend is receiving £700 a month, then this includes a sum to pay for his housing. If he doesn't need the money for the rent then he must tell the benefits office, who will reduce his money.
    how do you know what benefits he is on

i suggest before you post the above you ask first,unless you know him
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post

hi bornatbirth 191103 im agree with you it seems he knows him more than me

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post

I looked on the Government website to see what the benefits are. I quoted the sum for a single man looking for a job. This may not meet his profile, but will be the approximate figure he gets. If he has dependants living with him he will get a bit more but not a huge amount. The benefits system only allows for a very basic existence.
    The only way I can see he would get £770 a month is if he's in receipt of Housing Benefit. Adie Daryl writes that he is no longer paying rent. This supports my theory that he put in a claim for Housing Benefit at some time, but now no longer needs it.
    I was just trying to be helpful. If he is in receipt of benefits he should no longer be getting, it will come out in the visa process so it's best to get it sorted out before then, because he would have to repay all of the benefits he was overpaid.

my brother works in a full time job and gets a disability allowance each month for life.

i know your trying to be helpful but each case for benefits is different and unless your them,you wont know
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Thread Information