Quote Originally Posted by dave63 View Post

FOUR REASONS.
1 She sent my email that i wrote to her. but not her e-mails that she sent to me.
2 I am divorced and live in the marital home. They wanted letter from ex wife stating that she had no objections to my wife and I living there.
3 I am still paying the mortage and the house is in both my mine and my ex names.The mortage is linked to my bank accounts. These accounts are still in mine and my ex names and can not be changed (my ex does not used or want to use these accounts).They wanted a letter from my ex stating that she does not use these accounts.
4 From my previous marriage I have two children. They wanted a letter from my ex stating that she is and does not intend on asking me to support her or my children. At present I do not and my ex does not want me to.

My ex willingly wrote a letter to cover all of these points. I also got the bank to write a letter also saying that this was the case with the mortage. My wife supplied her e-mails.I wrote a letter to explain everything also.My wife also wrote a letter to explain everything also.

So we are hoping now that there sould be no more problems..............But (yes there is always a but!)the letter my ex gave me was typed and singed at the bottom by her. Will they except this or will they want a written letter?

hi dave63,

is that not stated in your divorce settlement?

just asking because in my ex's divorce papers everything was clarified and was stated i.e. child's maintenance, marital house etc etc. if this has been stated on your divorce papers i am pretty sure they will consider that document as it is official and legal.

i hope you could challenge the decision whilst it is still at the embassy because you can never tell how long the process takes when it is already submitted to the tribunal. mine took a long time, it took 6 - 12 mos and you are not sure what will be the outcome.

let us know how you get on. good luck