Thread: Visa appeal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite78 View Post
    hi dave63,

is that not stated in your divorce settlement?

just asking because in my ex's divorce papers everything was clarified and was stated i.e. child's maintenance, marital house etc etc. if this has been stated on your divorce papers i am pretty sure they will consider that document as it is official and legal.

i hope you could challenge the decision whilst it is still at the embassy because you can never tell how long the process takes when it is already submitted to the tribunal. mine took a long time, it took 6 - 12 mos and you are not sure what will be the outcome.

let us know how you get on. good luck
    No it was not included in divorce settlement. We (my ex and I) were and are very amicable and still friends.We trust each other.
    :Yesterday was history.Tomorrow is a mystery.Today is a gift.This is why it is called"The present!"

Quote Originally Posted by dave63 View Post
    No it was not included in divorce settlement. We (my ex and I) were and are very amicable and still friends.We trust each other.
    oh i c, i think that's why the eco asked you these questions. you see eco look into these as these has a major effect with your financial situation.

what stage are you now? i mean with your appeal? is it still in the phils or in the uk already?
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite78 View Post
    oh i c, i think that's why the eco asked you these questions. you see eco look into these as these has a major effect with your financial situation.

what stage are you now? i mean with your appeal? is it still in the phils or in the uk already?
    We appealed in manila.does it then go to uk? I thought it got sorted in Manila!
    :Yesterday was history.Tomorrow is a mystery.Today is a gift.This is why it is called"The present!"

I think the British EMbassy or ECO will review your case after you sent your additional documents to them, if they still haven't changed their mind then your appeal will be sent to tribunal here in UK and their the one will decide for the result of your partner's application.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

if the eco is satisfied with the documents you have presented then there is a big possibility that they will reconsider your wife's application, if not and they think that they can't overturn their decision this then go to the uk which could take month, months or a year (don't quote me on this timeframe i am just basing this on my experience). you see when i filed for an appeal, it took us months and in the end we decided to make a fresh application and you wouldn't believe that i got denied and appealed and decision was overturned and after several months tribunal sent me a letter stating that my first appeal is now being heard. it's a joke i said i am already in the uk.

i am sure you'll get there in the end.
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

[QUOTE=aphrodite78;191204]if the eco is satisfied with the documents you have presented then there is a big possibility that they will reconsider your wife's application.

i think if you filed within a month of your refusal then it should be dealt with by the eco in manila, i may be wrong but you should hear something in the next few weeks. hope it all goes well for you two

Smile

hi dave 63
    i cannot share any idea about the appeal..i just want to wish you luck
    goodluck to both of you
    CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
    hi dave 63
    i cannot share any idea about the appeal..i just want to wish you luck
    goodluck to both of you
    Words of comfort are as welcome as advice. Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Dave, my friend, I think as things stand, you ought to be able to request that an Entry Clearance MANAGER look at your case ... with a view to having the ECO's decision overturned. Although I personally am not familiar with the "ins and outs" of situations where a divorce settlement has taken place [my second wife and myself having both been widowed] I believe your ex has proved, beyond all doubt, that she will not stand in the way of your future happiness.

And so, in the circumstances, with the replies you've received from our other co-forumers, and wish you the very best of luck with whatever course of action you decide to take. But please don't hesitate to ask - should you need further support.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven View Post
    i think if you filed within a month of your refusal then it should be dealt with by the eco in manila, i may be wrong but you should hear something in the next few weeks. hope it all goes well for you two
    Thank you for you kind and uplifting advice.We shall both wait god willing soon for our answer

Thread Information