Thread: Visa appeal

Visa appeal

My wife in Cebu has appealed against our visa application (October15). I was wondering if any of you out there have ever had to appeal and how long it took yourselves? Or if any of you are waiting and how long you have been waiting for?
    :Yesterday was history.Tomorrow is a mystery.Today is a gift.This is why it is called"The present!"

a rough guide
    http://www.ait.gov.uk/Documents/FAQ/...ideoftheUK.pdf

why was your wife refused ?

Quote Originally Posted by dave63 View Post
    My wife in Cebu has appealed against our visa application (October15). I was wondering if any of you out there have ever had to appeal and how long it took yourselves? Or if any of you are waiting and how long you have been waiting for?
    what's the reason why they denied your visa?
    all things are possible!

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    what's the reason why they denied your visa?
    FOUR REASONS.
    1 She sent my email that i wrote to her. but not her e-mails that she sent to me.
    2 I am divorced and live in the marital home. They wanted letter from ex wife stating that she had no objections to my wife and I living there.
    3 I am still paying the mortage and the house is in both my mine and my ex names.The mortage is linked to my bank accounts. These accounts are still in mine and my ex names and can not be changed (my ex does not used or want to use these accounts).They wanted a letter from my ex stating that she does not use these accounts.
    4 From my previous marriage I have two children. They wanted a letter from my ex stating that she is and does not intend on asking me to support her or my children. At present I do not and my ex does not want me to.

My ex willingly wrote a letter to cover all of these points. I also got the bank to write a letter also saying that this was the case with the mortage. My wife supplied her e-mails.I wrote a letter to explain everything also.My wife also wrote a letter to explain everything also.

So we are hoping now that there sould be no more problems..............But (yes there is always a but!)the letter my ex gave me was typed and singed at the bottom by her. Will they except this or will they want a written letter?
    :Yesterday was history.Tomorrow is a mystery.Today is a gift.This is why it is called"The present!"

FOUR REASONS.
    1 She sent my email that i wrote to her. but not her e-mails that she sent to me.
    2 I am divorced and live in the marital home. They wanted letter from ex wife stating that she had no objections to my wife and I living there.
    3 I am still paying the mortage and the house is in both my mine and my ex names.The mortage is linked to my bank accounts. These accounts are still in mine and my ex names and can not be changed (my ex does not used or want to use these accounts).They wanted a letter from my ex stating that she does not use these accounts.
    4 From my previous marriage I have two children. They wanted a letter from my ex stating that she is and does not intend on asking me to support her or my children. At present I do not and my ex does not want me to.

My ex willingly wrote a letter to cover all of these points. I also got the bank to write a letter also saying that this was the case with the mortage. My wife supplied her e-mails.I wrote a letter to explain everything also.My wife also wrote a letter to explain everything also.

So we are hoping now that there sould be no more problems..............But (yes there is always a but!)the letter my ex gave me was typed and singed at the bottom by her. Will they except this or will they want a written letter?
    gather your supporting documents a.s.a.p and submitt it to them i think have a time limit for the appeal, anyway goodluck to both of you and finger cross they grant you a visa.
    all things are possible!

gather your supporting documents a.s.a.p and submitt it to them i think have a time limit for the appeal, anyway goodluck to both of you and finger cross they grant you a visa.
    Thank you for your kind thought Yes fingers,legs and everything crossed here

Thank you for your kind thought Yes fingers,legs and everything crossed here
    all things are possible!

Unhappy

all documents were recieved at manila on October 15. just waiting to hear.The waiting is painful for both of us
    Just worried over ex-wife letter it was typed not hand written.But she did sing it at bottom( no! not hers! the letter)

FOUR REASONS.

hi dave63,

is that not stated in your divorce settlement?

just asking because in my ex's divorce papers everything was clarified and was stated i.e. child's maintenance, marital house etc etc. if this has been stated on your divorce papers i am pretty sure they will consider that document as it is official and legal.

i hope you could challenge the decision whilst it is still at the embassy because you can never tell how long the process takes when it is already submitted to the tribunal. mine took a long time, it took 6 - 12 mos and you are not sure what will be the outcome.

let us know how you get on. good luck
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite78 View Post
    hi dave63,

is that not stated in your divorce settlement?

just asking because in my ex's divorce papers everything was clarified and was stated i.e. child's maintenance, marital house etc etc. if this has been stated on your divorce papers i am pretty sure they will consider that document as it is official and legal.

i hope you could challenge the decision whilst it is still at the embassy because you can never tell how long the process takes when it is already submitted to the tribunal. mine took a long time, it took 6 - 12 mos and you are not sure what will be the outcome.

let us know how you get on. good luck
    No it was not included in divorce settlement. We (my ex and I) were and are very amicable and still friends.We trust each other.

Hi dave it doesn't matter either typed or hand writen letter, the most important there is a letter and signed from your ex partner.

You said you can provide all the supporting docs they want for the appeal, im pretty sure the result will turn out positive. The decision might take a lot of time, but hey! hang on there and you'll get to the end.

Goodluck!
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

No it was not included in divorce settlement. We (my ex and I) were and are very amicable and still friends.We trust each other.
    oh i c, i think that's why the eco asked you these questions. you see eco look into these as these has a major effect with your financial situation.

what stage are you now? i mean with your appeal? is it still in the phils or in the uk already?
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite78 View Post
    oh i c, i think that's why the eco asked you these questions. you see eco look into these as these has a major effect with your financial situation.

what stage are you now? i mean with your appeal? is it still in the phils or in the uk already?
    We appealed in manila.does it then go to uk? I thought it got sorted in Manila!

I think the British EMbassy or ECO will review your case after you sent your additional documents to them, if they still haven't changed their mind then your appeal will be sent to tribunal here in UK and their the one will decide for the result of your partner's application.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

if the eco is satisfied with the documents you have presented then there is a big possibility that they will reconsider your wife's application, if not and they think that they can't overturn their decision this then go to the uk which could take month, months or a year (don't quote me on this timeframe i am just basing this on my experience). you see when i filed for an appeal, it took us months and in the end we decided to make a fresh application and you wouldn't believe that i got denied and appealed and decision was overturned and after several months tribunal sent me a letter stating that my first appeal is now being heard. it's a joke i said i am already in the uk.

i am sure you'll get there in the end.

[QUOTE=aphrodite78;191204]if the eco is satisfied with the documents you have presented then there is a big possibility that they will reconsider your wife's application.

i think if you filed within a month of your refusal then it should be dealt with by the eco in manila, i may be wrong but you should hear something in the next few weeks. hope it all goes well for you two

Smile

hi dave 63
    i cannot share any idea about the appeal..i just want to wish you luck
    goodluck to both of you
    CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven View Post
    i think if you filed within a month of your refusal then it should be dealt with by the eco in manila, i may be wrong but you should hear something in the next few weeks. hope it all goes well for you two
    Thank you for you kind and uplifting advice.We shall both wait god willing soon for our answer

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
    hi dave 63
    i cannot share any idea about the appeal..i just want to wish you luck
    goodluck to both of you
    Words of comfort are as welcome as advice. Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Dave, my friend, I think as things stand, you ought to be able to request that an Entry Clearance MANAGER look at your case ... with a view to having the ECO's decision overturned. Although I personally am not familiar with the "ins and outs" of situations where a divorce settlement has taken place [my second wife and myself having both been widowed] I believe your ex has proved, beyond all doubt, that she will not stand in the way of your future happiness.

And so, in the circumstances, with the replies you've received from our other co-forumers, and wish you the very best of luck with whatever course of action you decide to take. But please don't hesitate to ask - should you need further support.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Dave, my friend, I think as things stand, you ought to be able to request that an Entry Clearance MANAGER look at your case ... with a view to having the ECO's decision overturned. Although I personally am not familiar with the "ins and outs" of situations where a divorce settlement has taken place [my second wife and myself having both been widowed] I believe your ex has proved, beyond all doubt, that she will not stand in the way of your future happiness.

And so, in the circumstances, with the replies you've received from our other co-forumers, and wish you the very best of luck with whatever course of action you decide to take. But please don't hesitate to ask - should you need further support.
    Thank you for you welcoming advice Arthur.We have appealed and they recieved our appeal on October 15.We now have to go through the process of patiently waitingWe were told that they look at every case in chronological order.

goodluck and have faith to god
    cheersxxx

dave63
    are you within 28 days of the decision if so fax all your evidence to the ECM manila the the visa fax number 006328582305 asking the ECM to make an urgent review of the documents and the decision also inform him that you will take every legal avenue open to you to be together and marry in england as is your rights. if you have supplied the documents this way, they should deal with before the 28 days are up and documents sent to england as its new and relevent evidence refuting the refusal. you may want to have the signiture witness and authenticated by a solicitor. My fiancee has been called for interview when i heard i sent further reps and evidence of our relationship which i will copy to my fiancee to take with her at interview.....i believe if you can satisfy them on the issues stated they will do the right thing and overturn the decision......if the appeal process has started it will be done in england and could take 12 months you would be better of re applying with all the evidence present, you know what missing and as they are duty bound to put all reason for a refusal in the decision you know everything else you sent met the critireia..if you can afford £600.do you have chat logs send these 2 i just sent a screen shot the rules state contact not nessecerily what is said by who and for how long just 2 way contact.

regards
    j and a

good luck
    keeps us informed

Tomorrow (Sunday november 22) I will be e-mailing visa section manila (Does anyone know who to e-mail?) to ask what the latest is with our visa.I will tell you all what the outcome is.

Thread Information