Thread: Visitor Visa

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i think you mean fiancée or spouse visa darren

i don't think there is anything in the rules that you needed to have met the person to sponsor a VV, but I'm sure it would help
    Yup, I meant "are unlikely to be able to help" instead of "can't help"...

Being sponsored by someone you never met is unlikely to go down well with the ECO.

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    Yup, I meant "are unlikely to be able to help" instead of "can't help"...

Being sponsored by someone you never met is unlikely to go down well with the ECO.
    yes most of the time,
    a friend of a friend of mine, went to south Korea for a holiday, met a girl there, stayed with her for 6months, he came back to the uk, with no job, no savings, living with his dad,, so he got his dad to sponsor her - she got a VV , stayed with them for the 6 months, went back to korea got another VV, came to the UK went back, but the 3rd time she applied she was refused - for a few reasons, her poor english, no job, no savings etc.. she was lucky the first 2 times

Banned
    See the BBC article in this thread

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=20627

Set yourself up a "College" in your spare bedroom, she applies for a "student" visa, problem solved

Aye - please try not to be too harsh on me or suspicious of my motives. I am merely trying to probe knowledge and experience by asking some questions.

I never said I didn't want to visit the Philippines or in some way cause her to forget her past life, that is rather a severe assumption if you don't mind me saying so.

On the subject itself I think that while there is a risk of a VV being refused on the grounds she would not return then it is not worth contemplating since it raises a negative flag at the outset and clearly we don't want that.

There is nothing wrong with having a plan though. In my experience one has to look at the facts somewhat dispassionately at some point in proceedings and dispense with a little of the romance so that one can make informed decisions.

My first wife was Nigerian and I had a great deal of contact with the immigration service when getting married and securing her ILR later. You need to be thinking 2 and 3 steps ahead and have all bases covered. On that basis I wish to leave nothing to chance.

Cheers

Noel x

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakbranch View Post
    On the subject itself I think that while there is a risk of a VV being refused on the grounds she would not return then it is not worth contemplating since it raises a negative flag at the outset and clearly we don't want that.
    If at some point you feel that a visitor visa is the best way forward for relationship then apply for one. If she gets a refusal then it shouldn't be a problem for future applications so long as she has been honest.

Though as I have previously suggested it's not advisable to apply for one until after you have met in person if you will be sponsoring the application.

Aye - please try not to be too harsh on me or suspicious of my motives. I am merely trying to probe knowledge and experience by asking some questions.

I never said I didn't want to visit the Philippines or in some way cause her to forget her past life, that is rather a severe assumption if you don't mind me saying so.

There is nothing wrong with having a plan though. In my experience one has to look at the facts somewhat dispassionately at some point in proceedings and dispense with a little of the romance so that one can make informed decisions.

My first wife was Nigerian and I had a great deal of contact with the immigration service when getting married and securing her ILR later. You need to be thinking 2 and 3 steps ahead and have all bases covered. On that basis I wish to leave nothing to chance.

Cheers

Noel x
    Yes you can have a plan, but it's best to go and visit first. If you're talking online, meeting is so very different.
    My only plan, was to go and meet the lady I stumbled upon, by complete accident, several months beforehand...Plans were made later.

All of our circumstances are different & yes it can be an expensive proposition. The cost of air fares, time off work etc. etc. So I guess you are weighing things up in your mind. But I would still not advise rushing into things....I'm certainly not rich, I pretty much paid for my first 2 trips, by selling things on ebay.

Other members, will tell you different...I'm not trying to put you off, though you probably think I'm being negative...I just know from my own experiences of life, things turn out very differently, to how you plan them.

There is nothing wrong with having a plan though.

You need to be thinking 2 and 3 steps ahead and have all bases covered. On that basis I wish to leave nothing to chance.
    minimise your risks

Thread Information