Thread: Philippine gunmen 'kill 21 politicians and journalists'

Philippine gunmen 'kill 21 politicians and journalists'

Perfectly safe....just like the UK! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/8373770.stm
    Keith - Administrator

That is a rather large bodycount innit Moss side or brixton Apparently some feudal political family rivalry,a warlord/mayor had his private army led by his son settle some old scores

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Just heard (maybe barrio gossip)that it wasnt 30 people kidnapped but rather 40+ one of whom is sort of known to me through someone else Cynthia Oquendo Ayon,Dennis Ayons wife from Polomolok,apparently she was the lawyer representing the magundadatu family when they were about to file candidacy,her body and apparently the body of her father(who used to be the municipal treasurer of polomolok,I am sure Gracia143 knows the family) were among those recovered,small world indeed.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Gracy,dont know if you will be back on here anytime soon,but you might remember Cynthia and her sister olive from anastacio subdivision next to Dulay,they used to visit Champaca house and were good Pianists,Olive became a doctor,apparently Cynthia wasnt shot but beheaded,wonder if this all comes out in the media soon?

Banned
    it's on Tv patrol... just watching it on pinoychannel.tv

I also saw this... very bad.

I'm visiting southern Philippines soon, General Santos City, Uhaw, Fatima. My gf says cannot visit family in mountains for fear of kidnap, and not safe for me to go out after dark where she lives.

Does anyone have any experinaces of the danger and the precautions needed to take when visiting the south?

Been all over the south antony,I rode a motorbike earlier this year from Davao over to Gensan and have been to Zambo and sulu often enough,its the same as anywhere you can suddenly find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time,only place I ever thought "Oh s**t" was in iloilo on Panay when a drunk pulled out his pistol,never once felt threatened on Mindanao and I wander around on my own,Gensan isnt exactly the wild west,its a scruffy nonedescript place to be honest,the only points of interest were the Tuna port and the Dole plantations out of town,you will be ok I am sure,your girlfriend wont let you out of her sight in case your kidnapped by another woman never mind the Abu Sayyaf.Whats the latest updates Florge?

It was 40+ people abducted(I was told 44 or 45)and there were beheadings http://ph.news.yahoo.com/afp/2009112...s-5cc1ef8.html

Cynthia Oquendo Ayon and her father are on the partial list thats just been released of victims of the massacre,theres a lot of bad blood in the general area at the moment,A friend of mine is in the area today and spoke to her sister Olive,the entire family are numb with grief,sad days.

Respected Member
    Only 9 posts on this so far? If it had happened in the UK i`m sure we`d have lots more chat about it!
    Its a shocking incident, absolutley terrible.
    I beleive its 57 dead now. Can you imagine that happening here?
    It seems theres lots going on down there.

Quote Originally Posted by adam&chryss View Post
    Only 9 posts on this so far? If it had happened in the UK i`m sure we`d have lots more chat about it!
    yeap! and one of the victim was pregnant woman! and so the president sacked the police chief there and I hope those who are responsible for this will be caught soon.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adam&chryss View Post
    I've been reading everything, really don't know what to say it's such a tragic event :(

Jim

2010 election is coming...thats why...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by estherboaz View Post
    2010 election is coming...thats why...
    Spot on.

I've noticed come election time, its the powerful families who control the elections. Lets take Tacloban for example. The mayor is Alfredo Romauldez. Now who was the last mayor? Why it was Bejo, Alfredo's father, brother of Imelda. In 2010, Both father and son have said they will run as a team for Mayor and vice-Mayor. Now who is in charge of the Tacloban City Council? Kring-Kring Gonzales, who happens to be the wife of Alfredo. Then we move on to the position of the Govenor of Leyte - Jericho Petilla. His father was also in the same job during the 90's.

So sad that our country is on a decay. Its just a few Filipinos (myself included) that finds a tiny silver lining of hope for us Filipinos and the Philippines to be once again honorable, patronizing and loving to the mother land.

Some time ago meron new na nag suicide wife ni Ted Failon. Tapos police harassed Ted and his household. Masyadong overkill yung police. Ngayun nobody wants to touch the Ampatuans police man, army or even arroyo herself.

Sad to see the sorry state we live in. Still meron pang pag asa yan after May 2010.

Just my 2 cents

Kenneth bagets

Cynthia and her father are being laid to rest on sunday,sad thing was he was only in the convoy due to his ill health and cynthia didnt want to leave him home alonewhat a tragic waste of innocent life.

Respected Member
    the body count has now reached to 72. Can you imagine that? 72 people massacred. :( the people who did it are very demonic!!! Ampatuan should be punished!!! death sentence wouldn't be enough to pay for all the lives he took on that day!!!

Wina

Thread Information