Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please help me its about tourist visa

Unhappy please help me its about tourist visa

I'm A Filipina 18 Yrs Old And My Friend In London Wants Me To Visit His Place And He's Gonna Be The One To Sponsor Everything. And My Question Is What Are The Requirements To Apply A Tourist Visa In UK? What Should We Need To Do? Is It True That Most of the tourist applicant in visa are being denied? I don't have any property I'm just an ordinary girl, I'm Still in college 2nd year level. Please please help me.. I'm so confused and I don't know what to do.

thanks in advance!

God Bless you all!

18 years old Hope there arent strings attached to the finance of the visa,I wouldnt think your chances of getting a visitors visa are very good Ana to be frank,but I wish you luck in life and hope you do well in your college courseOh,and very nice hat,very seasonal,maligayang pasko

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ana07cutiepie View Post
    I'm A Filipina 18 Yrs Old And My Friend In London Wants Me To Visit His Place And He's Gonna Be The One To Sponsor Everything. And My Question Is What Are The Requirements To Apply A Tourist Visa In UK? What Should We Need To Do? Is It True That Most of the tourist applicant in visa are being denied? I don't have any property I'm just an ordinary girl, I'm Still in college 2nd year level. Please please help me.. I'm so confused and I don't know what to do.

thanks in advance!

God Bless you all!
    If you will apply tourist visa sponsored by your relative(s), then there's chance.

Is she or he?
    Embassy protects young people like you.

Enjoy your studies and goodluck.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    If you will apply tourist visa sponsored by your relative(s), then there's chance.

Is she or he?
    The Embassy is also looking to protect the UK. Need to prove that you have very good reasons to return to the Philippines at the end of your trip and are not just looking for a way to get to the UK to work illegally.

As others have said it sounds like your chances of getting a visa are very low.

I'm A Filipina 18 Yrs Old And My Friend In London Wants Me To Visit His Place And He's Gonna Be The One To Sponsor Everything.
    if this friend is your b/f then i would have thought your chances of getting a VV are small

thanks in advance!

God Bless you all!
    Hello Ana,..I'm myrA. This site helped a lot in my visit visa application. Though at first, most of them said that I have less chances of being approved because I will be bringing my kids too. But that pushed me more to do more search in this site. I don't know personally if there are restrictions of the age but I think you are still very young. You have to prove that you will return to the Philippines after the visit dates. You should have a strong proof of that. Being a student will not count. But there's no harm in trying., just gather documents that you think could support your application. And you can also do more research in this site. Tawi, Ma'am Florge, MrsMajor, Penny, Sophie, Arthur Little and a lot more has shared some points on my queries about the visa application. You can also asked them. Goodluck Ana. message me if you still have questions.

thanks in advance!

God Bless you all!
    I take it that this is a boyfriend girlfriend relationship, if this is the case have you actually met each other in person, in the flesh so to speak. If you haven't actually met then it's a waste of time even applying for a visit visa.

Hello Good evening,
    the one who's gonna sponsor me in applying tourist visa is not my relatives, we're just friends and we already met in personal he is a guy his age is 33 and he is a IT infrastructure manager in london.

thanks so much..

no he is not my bf, he's just my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    I take it that this is a boyfriend girlfriend relationship, if this is the case have you actually met each other in person, in the flesh so to speak. If you haven't actually met then it's a waste of time
    even applying for a visit visa.
    he's just my friend, we already met in personal he went here in Cebu last August.

Is she or he?

Hello Good evening,
    the one who's gonna sponsor me in applying tourist visa is not my relatives, we're just friends and we already met in personal he is a guy his age is 33 and he is a IT infrastructure manager in london.

thanks so much..

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    18 years old Hope there arent strings attached to the finance of the visa,I wouldnt think your chances of getting a visitors visa are very good Ana to be frank,but I wish you luck in life and hope you do well in your college courseOh,and very nice hat,very seasonal,maligayang pasko
    awww what makes you think that? :(

Quote Originally Posted by aryM View Post
    Hello Ana,..I'm myrA. This site helped a lot in my visit visa application. Though at first, most of them said that I have less chances of being approved because I will be bringing my kids too. But that pushed me more to do more search in this site. I don't know personally if there are restrictions of the age but I think you are still very young. You have to prove that you will return to the Philippines after the visit dates. You should have a strong proof of that. Being a student will not count. But there's no harm in trying., just gather documents that you think could support your application. And you can also do more research in this site. Tawi, Ma'am Florge, MrsMajor, Penny, Sophie, Arthur Little and a lot more has shared some points on my queries about the visa application. You can also asked them. Goodluck Ana. message me if you still have questions.
    hello Myra,
    I think its impossible for me to go there :( because i dont have any property or a job that can prove that I'll come back here so its hard for me to make them believe. :( I'm loosing hope now :(( Actually my friend in london wants me to go there this Christmas but I told him that its impossible because no enough time to process visa. I met him in the internet and we met in personal and spent time together here in Cebu he is 33 years old and his job is IT infrastructure manager. I'm glad to have a friend here.

Thanks,
    Analou

Banned
    Did you tell this to your parents? IF yes, What did they say?
    Silly questions but if you are my 18 year old niece,
    I'll speak to you privately.

No harm in being friendly with men, but it will be too hard to convince embassy to grant you a visit visa.

But there's also no harm in trying.
    Nobody knows!

Respected Member
    Did you tell this to your parents? IF yes, What did they say?
    Silly questions but if you are my 18 year old niece,
    I'll speak to you privately.

No harm in being friendly with men, but it will be too hard to convince embassy to grant you a visit visa.

But there's also no harm in trying.
    Nobody knows!
    No harm in trying (it's only money...). But in my opinion very little chance of success due to your age and the fact that the British Embassy will not believe that you are just friends.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    No harm in trying (it's only money...). But in my opinion very little chance of success due to your age and the fact that the British Embassy will not believe that you are just friends.
    I remember, some tricky questions by embassy. Where are you going to stay? sleep? How many persons living in the house. etc. It's like playing mind games. In that case you must convince them if you are just friends.

Well well Pinoys always tries even there's little chance, they still do trying not only once but many times.
    If you want to prove it, go pass to US embassy in Manila Roxas Blvd. at around 5-6:00 early morning and have a look at the queue. I have a friend working at US embassy and she said, visit visa applicants usually apply again few months after.

I think most applicants believes that it's always depend upon the mood of interviewer.

Respected Member
    In that case you must convince them if you are just friends.
    I'm not certain that's going to work. In a case like this you can keep telling them that you are just friends but unless you can prove it (how?) I doubt they will believe you. And if they believe you are not telling the truth then they will never grant a visa.

Respected Member
    Remember..in whatever you do..if you ever decide on coming here in the UK..just be very cautious. You are very young. The embassy have strict rules on minors. Be safe always..

Wina

Smile

you have a lot of time girl.. dont rush..
    get to know him better
    CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

hello Myra,
    I think its impossible for me to go there :( because i dont have any property or a job that can prove that I'll come back here so its hard for me to make them believe. :( I'm loosing hope now :(( Actually my friend in london wants me to go there this Christmas but I told him that its impossible because no enough time to process visa. I met him in the internet and we met in personal and spent time together here in Cebu he is 33 years old and his job is IT infrastructure manager. I'm glad to have a friend here.

Thanks,
    Analou
    Hello Analou,..glad to have more friends here too. Glad to understand the reasons why there is less possibility of approval if you apply for a visit visa. Just take your time my friend, you're still very young. Have time to know him better, and continue your studies.

Respected Member
    Firstly, to answer your original question, do most visit visas get refused, NO. The current refusal rate for non-settlement visas is 18.8%, and most of those refusals are for student visas where a doubt exists as to whether the person intends to study or work.

The visas are all carefully considered to a set of UK Immigration Guidelines and Rules, and assessed on an individual basis.

The ECO (Entry Clearance Officer), will be wanting to see a good set of evidence supplied with the application, proving that you have no intention and no need to work and that you intend to return after your trip. Proof of these can be by return flight tickets, an itinerary, sufficient finances, a job to return to in the philippines, proof of previous international travel, information on your sponsor. Also include letters with full explanations from both yourself and your sponsor. With the correct evidence, it would make it very difficult to refuse you.
    Don't forget to send in a photocopies of your sponsors passport including every page with a stamp on it, and any evidence of him visiting you.

I recently had a visa issued for my fiance and her 3 year old daughter to visit me for 4 months, my fiance is still in the process of an annulment. The process was pretty straightforward and took 4 days.

Analou, you're still too young, just 18. Probably this guy who will sponsor you is a very "special" friend of yours right? May not be your boyfriend yet but getting on that stage. I advise that get to know him well, don't rush things. It's better to concentrate on your studies and finish your course.
    But if you decided to push through an application just be extra careful because you are indeed too young and know little things about men. Just a sisterly advice from me.
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    Firstly, to answer your original question, do most visit visas get refused, NO. The current refusal rate for non-settlement visas is 18.8%, and most of those refusals are for student visas where a doubt exists as to whether the person intends to study or work.

The visas are all carefully considered to a set of UK Immigration Guidelines and Rules, and assessed on an individual basis.

The ECO (Entry Clearance Officer), will be wanting to see a good set of evidence supplied with the application, proving that you have no intention and no need to work and that you intend to return after your trip. Proof of these can be by return flight tickets, an itinerary, sufficient finances, a job to return to in the philippines, proof of previous international travel, information on your sponsor. Also include letters with full explanations from both yourself and your sponsor. With the correct evidence, it would make it very difficult to refuse you.
    Don't forget to send in a photocopies of your sponsors passport including every page with a stamp on it, and any evidence of him visiting you.

I recently had a visa issued for my fiance and her 3 year old daughter to visit me for 4 months, my fiance is still in the process of an annulment. The process was pretty straightforward and took 4 days.
    Students do have higher refusal rate (maybe 40%), but the refusal rate for a tourist visa is still about 20% (1 in 5 is refused).

Every case needs to be taken on it's own merits and where there is a strong relationship with a UK based person the visa is more likely to be granted even though the applicant wouldn't necessarily be granted on their own merits. To suggest that if you give the correct evidence you are unlikely to be refused is very misleading - your case is totally different.

Unfortunately an 18 year old with no wealth, who isn't in a strong relationship with a UK based person, and wouldn't be eligible for a fiancee/spouse visa even if they were due to age, is highly likely to be refused.

Respected Member
    darren-b, from my understanding of the immigration laws, the ECO has to follow them and if the correct evidence is provided, refusal is very difficult. I'm not sure where your figures come from for those refusal rates, but i'm simply quoting those from a recent audit of the embassy.

I also object a little bit to liane's post, because I know your mean well, but to an 18 year old you will come across quite patronising and I'm sure when you were 18 you probably felt you could handle these situations. Bear in mind that some of our 40 year old forumites here are in relationships with 18 year olds, but thats a different story.

I've done quite a lot of research into the visit visas and have been involved in the applications of 5 so far, 4 for leisure and one for business. It doesn't make me an expert, but I do feel I have a reasonable understanding of the situation.

Respected Member
    darren-b, from my understanding of the immigration laws, the ECO has to follow them and if the correct evidence is provided, refusal is very difficult. I'm not sure where your figures come from for those refusal rates, but i'm simply quoting those from a recent audit of the embassy.

I also object a little bit to liane's post, because I know your mean well, but to an 18 year old you will come across quite patronising and I'm sure when you were 18 you probably felt you could handle these situations. Bear in mind that some of our 40 year old forumites here are in relationships with 18 year olds, but thats a different story.

I've done quite a lot of research into the visit visas and have been involved in the applications of 5 so far, 4 for leisure and one for business. It doesn't make me an expert, but I do feel I have a reasonable understanding of the situation.
    My figures some from the statistics produced for 2008/2009 for all UK visas (I stated figures for Manila only).

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/aboutus/statistics/

When it comes to tourist visas the ECO can always say "we do not believe you will leave the UK at the end of your visit" which can be very difficult for an applicant to prove that they will.

I also object a little bit to liane's post, because I know your mean well, but to an 18 year old you will come across quite patronising and I'm sure when you were 18 you probably felt you could handle these situations. Bear in mind that some of our 40 year old forumites here are in relationships with 18 year olds, but thats a different story
    I think Liane gave very sound advice, she didn't tell her not to go ahead, just to be careful...We don't quite know what the relationship is...remember, not all mens intentions are honourable, there are lots of stories of girls being tricked.

You sound very mature for your age, much more than I was...Hope that dosen't sound patronising, as it wasn't meant to be.

As I've written I was just merely giving her a sisterly advice to be extra careful. I was 18 once and knew that you can't just trust everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    I think Liane gave very sound advice, she didn't tell her not to go ahead, just to be careful...We don't quite know what the relationship is...remember, not all mens intentions are honourable, there are lots of stories of girls being tricked.

You sound very mature for your age, much more than I was...Hope that dosen't sound patronising, as it wasn't meant to be.
    Thanks Simon. I'm glad you see my point
    Thanks for the rep.
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by liane View Post
    As I've written I was just merely giving her a sisterly advice to be extra careful. I was 18 once and knew that you can't just trust everyone.

Thanks Simon. I'm glad you see my point
    Thanks for the rep.
    hello to all thanks for the help this serves as my guide..

thank you so much!

May God Bless you all..

anna07cutiepie,
    just to add a little bit from what i know i think an eco would struggle with the concept that your uk friend is going to sponsor you, ie pay for everything and not believe or think you are in a relationship with you or at least has these intentions....i would also suggest that unless you can show you are return to college having paid the fees and a letter explain the basis or this relationship (exploeing your feelings towards each other) etc under para 41 intention to stay for period as stated by you, intention to return to philippines i think any ECO would struggle to issue

however

as ricky says if you can demonstrate you meet the rules then its hard for the ECO TO refuse.

on a personel note i would suggest you keep talking and if he has intentions towards you he should be busting a gut to come see you and spend time with you, and develop your relationship that way..... limit on spouse and fiance visa is age 21 so you have plenty of time to get to know one another ..

good luck

regards

jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan47 View Post
    i think any ECO would struggle to issue

however

as ricky says if you can demonstrate you meet the rules then its hard for the ECO TO refuse.
    i think the eco's ink will not even have time to dry b4 the refusal is in the envelope with one or more of the following...

'"... but I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a period not exceeding 6 months."

or

"... but I am not satisfied that you do not intend to take employment in the United Kingdom."

or

"... but I am not satisfied that you will maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants adequately out of resources available to you without recourse to public funds or taking employment; or will with any dependants be maintained and accommodated adequately by relative or friends."

or

"... but I am not satisfied that you intend to leave the United Kingdom at the end of your proposed stay as a visitor."

but you will not know til you try

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information