Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite78 View Post
Hi Forum Mates,

Well we're off to the Phils for Christmas and my kids in the Phils doesn't know it yet. It will be a big surprise for them and I am really excited as I haven't spent christmas with them for nearly 4 years now.

Last night we were watching a programme broadcasted at ITV3 about malarias and stuff and we saw this prison officer who was bitten by 4 mossies in Gambia.

You see I've got 2 young kids (ages 2 and 10 mos) and I previously lived in Bulacan (just 45 mins car drive from Manila) and he is now getting paranoid about us going there to see my kids. So in short we ended up in debate as he is now opposing me to go there because of this. He said if I think that it is safe then he is going to trust my judgement. So in the end I said we might as well not go because I said no matter how many times I assured him there will always be a doubt anyway.

I just don't know what to do guys. ANy advice?
My advice is to get on as originally planned and not cancel the trip, its been 4years, this trip is long overdue,
besides, the entire philippines is not malaria-infested i suppose, only certain areas.....
I understand your husband is getting a bit paranoid but he's probably just worried about the safety of everyone specially your 2 kids,
anyway, to assure him and for his peace of mind, look up to the philippine health advisory guide,
so you know where to be careful and what places in and around philippines you should not go....
and anti-malaria shots or tablets would help and some off lotion as maria just said.....
Its best to take all the necessary precautions to be sure.....