Thread: I think I want to cry!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006

Fourthly (is that a word!? ), after mentioning I was getting married in a hotel, I'm told I could be on shakey ground legally with the marriage and I would be safer getting married in Chambers. When I mentioned that it wasn't a judge marrying me, but the Mayor of Talisay, the topic was quickly pushed aside because as quite rightly pointed out, "that's not an issue for theConsulate". But it still now leaves me with a doubt and yet another thing I have to re-check!!!

Re where you marry.

Three years ago when we were trying to get someone to marry us, we called in on a solicitor, in the conversation he said there had been a 'recent' court finding that marriages in non registered places, the beach, garden weddings etc were no longer legal unless one of the parties was unable to travel for medical reasons to a registered place (church, court, town hall etc).

Despite this advice, we had the garden wedding we had planned, performed by the mayor.

Sounds like you are suffering from pre-wedding nerves Dave...or Simon, as I think your real name is (mine too)......we all go through it.

As long as the CNI is the legal one here, then it is ok, as you change it for the Philippine version there...Though I don't have experience of Cebu, as we changed ours in Manila.

I think you'll probably just frustrate yourself even more, if you try phoning, bureaucracy is just too crazy. Try not too worry too much, as there isn't much you can do here.

You need your Birth Certificate too. Think you started another thread, to do with it, not sure what you meant by that....Don't forget your Fiancees CENOMAR too....I expect you know, just reminding you.

RickyR...read my wifes thread 'Judges Raffling', VERY IMPORTANT if you are going to be married by a judge.

RickyR....and anyone else getting married, here is the link http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....udges+raffling

Thread Information