Thread: Further to the embassy interview !!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Further to the embassy interview !!

further to my earlier post regarding my fiance interview at the embassy on tuesday, they called her on her cell whilist travelling back to the province and asked her further questions about our relationship, this is after asking all known questions know to man at the interview, annabel ended up having a interpreter because she couldn't understand the ECO as he talked to fast and seemed to be agriesieve when interviewed at the embassy but when he called on cell he conducted in english.... i am beging to believe that they are just trying to trick annabel or to find away to refuse rather than looking at our application on balance and on merit.... i think we have one of those ECO that find ways to refuse i read the article on here and seems what satisfies one ECO doesent satisfy another ...ffs.. i can see a refusal coming....in addition i got a response to an email where i ask if i could offer an further information and perhaps they would like to speak to me ... the reply " the application is still being considered by ECO and ECM and the applicant will be notified when a decision has been made "... they interviewed her on tuesday for f... sake !!!!!

any thoughts appreciated...!!!

frustrated

jonathan

Think positive, I wish she will have the visa, mag dilang anghel sana ako

i hope the visa will come through soon dude
    POWER TO THE PEACEFUL. MABUHAY IRELAND AND PHILIPPINES

hi jonathan 47,

eco's can be really intimidating as they make sure that they come up with the right decision, trust me been thru that. i just hope your gf is alright and fingers cross she'll be here in no time. chin up and good luck.
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Respected Member
    I'm sure it will all be fine, they wouldn't be investigating further if they weren't interested in your replies.
    But if the worst comes to the worst, and you have a dodgy ECO, you can always appeal and this will definately give you a fair assessment by the ECM

Hi Jonathan
    The fact they are still considering is a positive sign.
    Can you tell us the name of the ECO as my wife was interviewed by an ECO whose English she did not understand and he also asked questions outside of the interview room without the interpreter present.
    Good luck and think positive always
    Best wishes Ian & Engela

Quote Originally Posted by isimpson01 View Post
    Hi Jonathan
    The fact they are still considering is a positive sign.
    , Jonathan. I remember Ian & Engela being in a similar situation earlier this year ... and THEY triumphed in the end! '[ECO's original decision overturned]. Besides, Annabel's application HASN'T actually BEEN refused.

So hang on in there, mate ...

hello isimpson01,

i dont know the name of ECO yet i guess we wait for decision but i already making a dossier of inappropriate questions and behavior just in case, it may be a culture thing that he seems to be aggresieve but then if he is working in manila he should be aware of those differences, he ask annabel,....."so how do you know he loves you, he has had other filipino gf's ..." i dont know about you but i find that inappropriate and irrelevant how does anyone know someone loves them and we all have had previous gf's !!! i know they are trying to see if the relationship is genuine, not sure how they go about this if an arranged marriage and when you read the immigration rules all it states that you should of met...so really i dont know what is going on i spoke with an immigration lawyer and he said all of that is irrelevant, and they should just satisfy themselves that you know each other and have made a commitment to each other, as someone said to me this is what happens when you have FCO staff not immigration officers making these decisions , they dont have the operational nous as they have limited experience ....always open to appeal but it the time lengths involved when all you want is your mahal by your side ...

regards and good luck

jonathan and annabel

thank you arthur, i trying mate but i realise now i never been in love before and all i want is my beautiful mahal with me so we can move forward with our plans and our life together...i have had a hard life and have searched everywhere for my soulmate now i have found her the otherside of the world i want us to be together and to wake up together i dont want to come home to an empty house anymore ! no man should have to do that !!!
    what reason did they original refuse ian and engela ?

thank you all for your support without you i would of gone mad

jonathan and annabel

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan47 View Post
    what reason did they original refuse ian and engela ?

jonathan and annabel
    Hi Jonathan

We applied for a settlement Visa and they refused based on lack of evidence of long term relationship and suggested that we could apply to live in Philippines rather than UK. They also questioned the fact I supported Engela from the time we met and she wasn't looking for work during that time.

We appealed and the appeal only took 3 weeks and was overturned when we supplied the evidence.

I also highlighted the way the interview was conducted as unfair due to questions outwith the formal interview in the absence of the interpreter.

Best of luck - we are sure you will not need the appeals process. Our refusal was immediate on the day of the interview.

Although it might not help you as already they have phoned up. It maybe worth recording these phone calls many phones have a bulit in phone call recorder.

With out having met your Mahal or being in the room its hard to say if the ECO really was aggressive.

My Wife would find some interviews/interactions with officals in the UK rude while i could not see anything wrong with them and vice versa when we were in Phill where roles where reversed.

It maybe the ECO forgot to ask a few questions surely they would need good reason to ask questions outside of a interview room.

It would be well worth noting down every detail your mahal can rember in case there is bad news in case of an appeal.

Remeber as a British goverment agency they act under British Law and Cvill service rules and regs so if they were found to have broken any or even if sailed close to the winds its worth recording.

A ECO as would a cvill servant in the UK should treat all people with respect and politness so if a person asked them to speak slower and more clearly surely they should?
    Remeber poltical correctness has its pluses ;-)
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan47 View Post
    further to my earlier post regarding my fiance interview at the embassy on tuesday, they called her on her cell whilist travelling back to the province and asked her further questions about our relationship, this is after asking all known questions know to man at the interview, annabel ended up having a interpreter because she couldn't understand the ECO as he talked to fast and seemed to be agriesieve when interviewed at the embassy but when he called on cell he conducted in english.... i am beging to believe that they are just trying to trick annabel or to find away to refuse rather than looking at our application on balance and on merit.... i think we have one of those ECO that find ways to refuse i read the article on here and seems what satisfies one ECO doesent satisfy another ...ffs.. i can see a refusal coming....in addition i got a response to an email where i ask if i could offer an further information and perhaps they would like to speak to me ... the reply " the application is still being considered by ECO and ECM and the applicant will be notified when a decision has been made "... they interviewed her on tuesday for f... sake !!!!!

any thoughts appreciated...!!!

frustrated

jonathan
    i thought when someone interviewed on that day they will know the result on the same day, just a thought

ECO has the right to question your relationship if it is genuine or bogus i am not sure how long you have been into relationship. 3/6 months for me is not enough to call it serious relationship especially on a "Fiancee'" visa thing IMHO. Good luck anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesewiz View Post
    i thought when someone interviewed on that day they will know the result on the same day, just a thought

ECO has the right to question your relationship if it is genuine or bogus i am not sure how long you have been into relationship. 3/6 months for me is not enough to call it serious relationship especially on a "Fiancee'" visa thing IMHO. Good luck anyway.
    Hi Cheese, the problem is there is plenty of evidence of people being giving Visas for similar periods of time and a ECO cant go on what they think or view but must have evidence although of course we all know its important to make sure any doubts are answered in the mind of the those making decisions.

If the ECO wrote in a report i didn't think it would work out surely any judge would say i dont care what you think only what evidence you have.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Hi Cheese, the problem is there is plenty of evidence of people being giving Visas for similar periods of time and a ECO cant go on what they think or view but must have evidence although of course we all know its important to make sure any doubts are answered in the mind of the those making decisions.

If the ECO wrote in a report i didn't think it would work out surely any judge would say i dont care what you think only what evidence you have.
    I also think that there seems to be a kind of unfairness in the way they treat applicants from different countries and cultures. I'm sure that if this application had been made in Pakistan by a Pakistani applicant, there wouldn't have been any questions of this nature. The ECO would only have to satisfy himself that they had met each other at some time and that the applicant wasn't being forced to marry.

Iain,
    i agree, from my other post you will see that the passport has been processed and returned by courier ! so we wont have long to know now ...i just gotta wait for annabels phone call ... what stress !!!

regards for all your support

jonathan

Thread Information