Thread: urgent help booking flights

Newbie (Restricted Access)

urgent help booking flights

has anyone had this problem booking flights for their partners to come to uk...

When you book they say the credit card holder must be travelling or the credit card must be presented at check in.

ive trying to book with Etihad and they say the card must be presented. so i called them and they say just send her a scan of my passport and my credit card for her to present at check in and then its fine. Maybe its all gonna be ok but im just nervous somehow she wont be allowed to travel or something.

This must be a common problem. Can anyone advise me what to do.

cheers.

hi there!

my fiance booked me a flight (Phil to UK) with Malaysian Airlines and it has also the same policy so what he did was sent me thru email a scanned copy of his credit card and ID (passport).. Upon check in they asked me the CC and his ID and thats it, i was able to travel and leave the country with no hassle..

Dont worry....

Is Etihad the airline? I think what they might be worried about is the chargeback rules, where card is not present, I can ask at work tomorrow what general rules are, but each company may have their own restrictions. Is it internet booking? If not then personally I don't see a problem if you were in a shop and presented your card... I'll try and post something tomorrow...

yea its an internet booking.

when you go to pay it says this...

"For this credit card payment, the credit card holder must be one of the guests traveling on the itinerary and the same credit card must be presented at check in. If the credit card holder or the credit card is not present at check in, Etihad Airways reserves the right to deny boarding to all guests booked with this credit card."

so i called and asked what to do. and they said.. no its fine. just send her the scan of the credit card and your i.d.

so i guess its fine. but im still worried.

Might be worth phoning your cc company and confirming you authorised the charge as well, then get them to call Etihad. And you could ask Etihad for a "third party authorisation form". I'll still check with colleaugues though tomorrow at work. One thing cc companies look for is "out of pattern spending" so if you rarely or never book flights this might come up on their systems..

Quote Originally Posted by tony rome View Post
    has anyone had this problem booking flights for their partners to come to uk...

When you book they say the credit card holder must be travelling or the credit card must be presented at check in.

ive trying to book with Etihad and they say the card must be presented. so i called them and they say just send her a scan of my passport and my credit card for her to present at check in and then its fine. Maybe its all gonna be ok but im just nervous somehow she wont be allowed to travel or something.

This must be a common problem. Can anyone advise me what to do.

cheers.
    hi tony rome!yes it happend to me as well when i was trying to book online.and i suppose to use my fiance credit card but the thing its asking the same thing, that card must be presented,so what i did was to book my flight in the philippines through cebu pacific and and i found it a bit cheaper than when i book it online.i arrived here 2 weeks ago and i booked with the qatar airways.its my first time with qatar and i liked their service.hope it helps

Respected Member
    Very routine, copy of CC and passport will be fine.

ok cheers guys. ive booked it now so fingers crossed.

Hi, I did ask today but didn't really get much of an answer.. sorry.
    I can only suggest going with advise from people who have done this before.
    I am sure everything will be fine, good luck

Thread Information