Thread: i think they are trying to beat me.....

i think they are trying to beat me.....

so i thought i would apply to orange for my phone records for the last year....and i got the reply through my solicitors....for one year records of my phone calls...they will charge £200 for the first month,,,and every month after that £100....so i will have to pay £1300 + v.a.t. for the phone records....and then the solicitor fees.....

thankz orange

every day i think i am one day closer to bring my wife home....this has knocked me for 6....it is hard to take.....
    POWER TO THE PEACEFUL. MABUHAY IRELAND AND PHILIPPINES

Quote Originally Posted by belfast_dude View Post
    so i thought i would apply to orange for my phone records for the last year....and i got the reply through my solicitors....for one year records of my phone calls...they will charge £200 for the first month,,,and every month after that £100....so i will have to pay £1300 + v.a.t. for the phone records....and then the solicitor fees.....

thankz orange

every day i think i am one day closer to bring my wife home....this has knocked me for 6....it is hard to take.....
    They're your phone records, but I bet if the police wanted a copy of your phone records for the last year, they wouldn't try to charge them £1300 + VAT

That is outrageous.

I assume you have a payg sim, as otherwise you'd be receiving the records when you were being billed.

I would write to customer services and ask them to justify the cost on the basis of time spent getting the records for you.

You could ask them to give you the records in view of what they are for.

If they still wont play ball, I d pay up if required and then launch the following websites,

orangehatesromance.net orangecharges£1300forphonerecords.net orangewhatnastypeople.net etc

I would then publicise your treatment on every social network site going and write to newspapers until some rag publishes it.

Why ?

They may have someone in PR who has a brain and settles the matter with you. If not, you can makes sure you get back £10,000 of negative publicity for the money grabbing sods.

Needless to say, I d cancel my service with them and start getting others to do so too.

i think thats perverse,thought bank charges were bad enough sorry to hear of your plight have you tried getting advice from cab or mentioning your local mp?

sorry gang...i give up on them....i am beaten....the big company wins again...the little guy loses

so if i make my application now...i will have no phone records....no chat logs ...all because i did not realise 2 years ago i would need them....i do understand the e.e.a.family permit is easy to obtain....but i do not think it will be that easy...

i hope orange is happy...they might just have killed the dream of an honest couple...

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    They're your phone records, but I bet if the police wanted a copy of your phone records for the last year, they wouldn't try to charge them £1300 + VAT
    Unless they had a warrant, they would

Don't you have a history of calls on your mobile?
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Unless they had a warrant, they would

Don't you have a history of calls on your mobile?
    no nothing...i think will put my plan on hold for another 2 years...

.i do understand the e.e.a.family permit is easy to obtain....but i do not think it will be that easy...
    the only way really they can refuse your wife a family permit is if they think your marriage is a sham or not genuine, unlike the UK immigration system , your wife has virtually a legal right to a family permit.

Anyway, they don't want tons of past records, the last 3 months will do so start collecting now.
    Keith - Administrator

Anyway, they don't want tons of past records
    Yes, I was going to say the same thing....Forget about paying that, it's ridiculous.

It's tough for many on here, don't let 'em beat you.

Anyway, they don't want tons of past records, the last 3 months will do so start collecting now.
    really dude....do u think 3 months of records will be enough po?

really dude....do u think 3 months of records will be enough po?
    You only need them to prove you have been in contact for a reasonable amount of time, not your life story.
    Keith - Administrator

You only need them to prove you have been in contact for a reasonable amount of time, not your life story.
    cheers dude...that does make me happier and give me more confidence in the matter......

Banned
    mate, it breaks my heart when i hear about orange - the situation they're putting you thru.

I am with orange too, and I have a contract with them, but I have never had any bother ... I can log on online at any time and get a full itemised bill, or pay £2 or something for each month ...

but mate, just get the bare minimum, and then ... you're sorted, it'll all be worth it in the end mate.

thanks gang....u r my inspiration

Respected Member
    Just note in your sponsor letter about this, and if really necessary you would pay to obtain the records if they needed to see them before granting the visa.

Assuming they've got no reason to distrust you they are never going to ask to see them.

Doesn't the data protection act state something like a company must release all records held on you for a reasonable fee, the figure quoted doesn't sound reasonable to me.

I would suggest getting it in writing from orange (I assume they have already written with this to your solicitor) and adding that letter to your application in support of the availability of the records and the reason why you have not included them at this time.

I would also send a copy of the letter to the information commission suggesting that orange are not complying with the law.

I would also get a solicitor who knows his **** from his elbow, he should have already done this on your behalf.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by el capitan View Post

I would also get a solicitor who knows his from his elbow, he should have already done this on your behalf.
    All very good advice there from El Capitan.

I too was thinking about the solicitor ... why he didn't act on Belfast Dude's behalf regarding this.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hubbard View Post
    All very good advice there from El Capitan.

the *solicitor ... why he didn't act on Belfast Dude's behalf regarding this.
    Because *he/she's probably a dead loss ... a 'dud'! Dude should "get rid of" and try Citizens' Advice instead!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by el capitan View Post
    Doesn't the data protection act state something like a company must release all records held on you for a reasonable fee, the figure quoted doesn't sound reasonable to me.

I would suggest getting it in writing from orange (I assume they have already written with this to your solicitor) and adding that letter to your application in support of the availability of the records and the reason why you have not included them at this time.

I would also send a copy of the letter to the information commission suggesting that orange are not complying with the law.

I would also get a solicitor who knows his **** from his elbow, he should have already done this on your behalf.
    Not sure if phone records are covered under the Data Protection act as they may not be personal information that could identify you.

If it's a PAYG SIM and Orange was never provided with any personal details relating to that SIM (ie the SIM was never registered) then I am 100% certain that it wouldn't be covered.

Thread Information