Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel so bad.

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

I feel so bad.

Hanna's auntie - who is the closest relative she has - is dying from a liver disease. She has been 'ambulanced' from her mountain in the Provinces tonight to Cebu City - St. Martin's hospital. She needs a transplant but, of course, that is out of the question here. As most of you know, I do not have the money to help her. I feel so hopeless!!!!

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Respected Member
    I have a lot of sympathy for you Alan and for your wife too, the UK's health service spares the British people from a great deal of agony and heartache like this.

It's life sir not your fault, life in the Philippines can be painfully hard sometimes :(

Jim

Banned
    Really sorry to hear of your bad news Al.. Try not to focus on what you can't do! Focus on the things you can do and have done..

I'm sure you have helped (and will continue to help) Hanna's family, but you can't do everything. So, if you can.. Try and just be there for Hanna and just do what you can.

And all the best.

Trusted Member
    I'm a newbie on this site and therefore a stranger to you but all I can say is that indeed it's not your fault , even more importantly it's probably not the fault of Hannah's auntie, because the commonest cause of chronic liver disease in the Philippines is Hepatitis B. In the UK there are about 600 liver transplants each year and the commonest condition requiring a transplant is alcoholic cirrhosis, but even here there are more patients requiring transplants than there are donors.

alan,
    i feel for you, i hope it all works out iam sure hannah understand, can you take he rto see her aunt.... unfortunatly if you dig in you pockets for everytime someone is in need you would end up with nothing for you and hannah

all the best buddy my thoughts are with you

jj

Not your fault mate,you learn to compartmentalise death after a while,its something we are all going to face one day,but this ladies ill health isnt directly attributable to you,I paid for someones treatment when I lived in Pinas,it extended their life by six months,I would have paid every penny I had if it had meant even another week,sometimes we have to realise its natures way to be honest,just be there for your wife when she needs your support.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

be strong dude..hanna needs you now po....
    POWER TO THE PEACEFUL. MABUHAY IRELAND AND PHILIPPINES

Smile

Thanks everyone. Made me feel better. Yes, I must be strong for Han.

Al.

Sorry to hear the bad news Alan... they're right nothing you can do but be strong for hanna.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Sorry to hear about that. We all have borrowed time here on earth so there's nothing much we can do.Just be a shoulder to lean on for Hanna at time like this.
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

just like everybody else al and to your wife we are have your sympathy. we may not know each other in person but we sharing our feelings in the forum which makes feel us better. and as everybody say to you here..its not your fault or not anyone's fault. lets just pray for the better and for the mercy. everything has a reason. we may not see now but time will come we will understand. yeah, just always and being there to your wife someone she can talk everything how she feel specially you her husband is the best thing to give to her sadness, upset situation.. keep going..stay strong!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Thanks everyone. Made me feel better. Yes, I must be strong for Han.

Al.
    sorry to hear the bad news Alan. Be strong for Hanna, things happen for a reason.
    If it's not life threatening IGNORE it .. .

Thing is Alan, even if she was in the UK she'd be unlikely to get a transplant.
    Keith - Administrator

Respected Member
    Hanna's auntie - who is the closest relative she has - is dying from a liver disease. She has been 'ambulanced' from her mountain in the Provinces tonight to Cebu City - St. Martin's hospital. She needs a transplant but, of course, that is out of the question here. As most of you know, I do not have the money to help her. I feel so hopeless!!!!

Al.
    Sorry to hear about hanna's aunt prof alan....I know how it must be hard for you to not be able to help financially....
    But then again, its out of your hands, as much as you want to help, its not possible at the moment due to financial constraints....
    but you can always be there to give moral support, specially to hanna....and i wish hanna's aunt all the best and hopefully things will work out well...
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Sorry to hear about hanna's aunt prof alan....I know how it must be hard for you to not be able to help financially....
    But then again, its out of your hands, as much as you want to help, its not possible at the moment due to financial constraints....
    but you can always be there to give moral support, specially to hanna....and i wish hanna's aunt all the best and hopefully things will work out well...
    no need to feel guilty alan you will do what you can for hanna

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    awww, i am so sorry to hear that alan. no need to feel guilty, you are a good person for showing concern and willingness to help. will say a prayer for you guys.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Sorry to hear your news my friend. It's an awful situation. I wish her God's favour.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Banned
    i'll pray for you and Hannah... and especially her Aunt...

Hanna's aunt has just died. We are off to Ginatilan.

Al.

im very sorry to hear that,its never a good time when relatives get ill

lets hope you and your wife and family support each other through this tough time
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Sorry to hear that, regards to you both & family.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson.alan46 View Post
    ... even here there are more patients requiring transplants than there are donors.
    with Alan's statement. Unfortunately, it's a sad fact that an acute shortage [worldwide] of organs available for transplantation has a far greater impact on the situation than the financial constraints involved, my friend. So please, Al, do not chastise yourself in any way.

I'm so sorry to learn of Hanna's aunt's passing ... but rest assured you are both very much in our thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear about that, she will be in our thoughts and prayers.
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Smile

We are just going out of the door on the long trek southwards. Hanna is beside herself with grief - which is understandable. She was closer to her aunt than even, arguably, her brothers and sisters. Hanna is a girl with enormous fortitude - yet tonight's events have shown a side to her that even I never knew existed.

I myself feel quite hopeless at the moment - offering no more than a shoulder to cry on. I appreciate that things will improve with time - but at the moment it is hard.

From the bottom of my heart I thank you all for your comments on this thread. I have shown Hanna the thread and she wishes God's blessings on you all for your compassion and understanding.

I shall be absent for a couple of days now - but I shall return!!! Be warned!!! More lunatric posts on the way.

Let's say 'Thanks' to Keith for the best forum on the Internet!!!

Al.

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    sorry to hear that, prayers to you both. take care!
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

condolence to hanna`s family...
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

I cannot believe the last 24 hours!!!

Lola NC (Hanna's aunt) died at 7.11p.m. yesterday evening. Her Mass was in Ginatilan at 1.00p.m. this afternoon and she was buried at 3.20p.m.!!!

The whole town turned out AND MORE. Hundreds came from towns around - some even from Cebu City - and some from MANILA!!!

I never realised what a popular and important woman was this 'peasant farmer' from the mountains!!!

Mayor Dean Michael of Ginatilan sent his car and driver to pick her up from Cebu City yesterday afternoon. She made the trip - was stretchered up the mountain to her home - and died after being placed in her own bed after 8 minutes!!!

Hanna is quite inconsolable at the moment - she has lost a part of her life! I phoned Qatar airways this afternoon and postponed my flight back to the UK for another 3 months. I shall now return at the end of March.

I have, quite honestly, never seen such an outpouring of grief since Princess Diana. Ginatilan closed today - Lola NC has left the building!!!

Al.

Banned
    my prayers and thoughts are with you and Hannah...

Respected Member
    Hanna's aunt has just died. We are off to Ginatilan.

Al.
    So sorry to hear this prof.....Our condolences to you and hanna and to hanna's family and relatives....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Banned
    Alan, give Hanna my condolences. And all the best mate.

Sean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information