Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xmas is almost here again :-(

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar

xmas is almost here again :-(

i am sure that most pinays will agree with me, xmas back home is still the best.
    i miss going to the aginaldo (midnight mass), the smell of bibingka when you leave church, smiling filipino people. despite the hardships we encounter back home we always are ready to smile. family around us, i miss that. going to church on the 24th going home to noche buena, opening gifts after and just bonding with family. and i can remember being in the mall on xmas day spending the money we got for xmas.

i miss home :-(
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

ahh thats sounds lovely i think i will have to plan to be there one yr with my mahal....it can be good here to we have midnight mass and xmas dinner is nice ...hope its good for you and you not miss home to much

jj & a

Xmas Is Almost Here Again ...

... oh, Nooooooooo - [BIG PANIC!] - don't remind me ... ... !

that is the BIG reason why we always celebrate x-mas and new year in the phils.

thinking about it spending 2-3 weeks in the philippines when its the coldest wettest part of the year here mmmm annabel !!! its xmas in the philippines next year darling !!!
    heheheh

j and a

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    The mall is open on Christmas day?! Can't people stay away from the shops for just one day of the year?! I feel sorry for all the people that have to work on Christmas day as they won't get much time with their families.

My Christmases seem to get quieter as the years go by, as grandparents are not around anymore, no partner here and cousins have their owns families or are with families of their wives etc.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post
    i am sure that most pinays will agree with me, xmas back home is still the best.
    i miss going to the aginaldo (midnight mass), the smell of bibingka when you leave church, smiling filipino people. despite the hardships we encounter back home we always are ready to smile. family around us, i miss that. going to church on the 24th going home to noche buena, opening gifts after and just bonding with family. and i can remember being in the mall on xmas day spending the money we got for xmas.

Cheer up sis I know how you feel, i feel exactly thesame way, homesickness and xmas blues kicking in already.......sigh....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

christmas was great when i was a kid,it kinda got boring as a got older so it will be great to experience my first filipino xmas with my wife...maybe next year
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Cheer up sis I know how you feel, i feel exactly thesame way, homesickness and xmas blues kicking in already.......sigh....
    i was putting up some decorations and it suddenly hit me, i miss home
    i will go back home for the holidays but my hubby has an elderly uncle that spends xmas with us, i think that he needs us more here, my family back home is a big one lots of people to keep each other happy but my hubbys uncle will have no one if we go back home :-(. my husband told me his uncle will be ok one xmas without us, but i would feel so guilty if i went back home :-(
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Respected Member
    i was putting up some decorations and it suddenly hit me, i miss home
    i will go back home for the holidays but my hubby has an elderly uncle that spends xmas with us, i think that he needs us more here, my family back home is a big one lots of people to keep each other happy but my hubbys uncle will have no one if we go back home :-(. my husband told me his uncle will be ok one xmas without us, but i would feel so guilty if i went back home :-(
    I can already imagine how you must be torned between wanting to spend xmas back home with your family/relatives
    and not leaving your husband's uncle here by himself on xmas and feeling guilty about leaving him behind...
    Maybe if your husband's uncle can still travel, how about taking him with you back home for xmas? Unless he can no longer physically cope to go on long trips....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    christmas was great when i was a kid,it kinda got boring as a got older so it will be great to experience my first filipino xmas with my wife...maybe next year
    That's sound exciting BAB!! Im sure you'll enjoy your first xmas there..

Me too, Im hoping to spend xmas and new year there next year with my first family
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

I can already imagine how you must be torned between wanting to spend xmas back home with your family/relatives
    and not leaving your husband's uncle here by himself on xmas and feeling guilty about leaving him behind...
    Maybe if your husband's uncle can still travel, how about taking him with you back home for xmas? Unless he can no longer physically cope to go on long trips....
    he is now 84 yrs old and i do not want to put him through a long plane journey, over the years when i make an attempt to go back home, i always hold back coz of him. we are his only family, i do not want to leave him, but at the same time i miss spending xmas with my family.

he is now 84 yrs old and i do not want to put him through a long plane journey, over the years when i make an attempt to go back home, i always hold back coz of him. we are his only family, i do not want to leave him, but at the same time i miss spending xmas with my family.
    I know how you feel...we're millions all over the world who wants to go home and spend xmas there. So cheer up and one day your wish will happen
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    I know how you feel...we're millions all over the world who wants to go home and spend xmas there. So cheer up and one day your wish will happen
    yeah one day

Respected Member
    It must be hard for you, but i admire your big heart sis and your concern for your husband's uncle....
    You sacrificed over the years not going back home to be with your family just so you don't leave him behind here on his own.....
    I'm sure he's so grateful for everything you're doing for him and he is so lucky to have you as part of his family, being his nephew's wife.....

It must be hard for you, but i admire your big heart sis and your concern for your husband's uncle....
    You sacrificed over the years not going back home to be with your family just so you don't leave him behind here on his own.....
    I'm sure he's so grateful for everything you're doing for him and he is so lucky to have you as part of his family, being his nephew's wife.....
    sis, i feel for him, he's never married, he is living alone. my hubby was askin me why i wont go back even on my own with matt, and i told him i do not want to be without uncle doug for xmas, i love him and my xmas wont be the same without listening to him snore after xmas lunch

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    it will be great to experience my first filipino xmas with my wife...maybe next year
    I had THAT privilege LAST year ... even went *swimming in the sea on Christmas Day! Can you imagine doing anything as *daft HERE? Brrr!

Respected Member
    sis, i feel for him, he's never married, he is living alone. my hubby was askin me why i wont go back even on my own with matt, and i told him i do not want to be without uncle doug for xmas, i love him and my xmas wont be the same without listening to him snore after xmas lunch
    Hehehe, the after-party snore from uncle doug, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    I had THAT privilege LAST year ... even went *swimming in the sea on Christmas Day! Can you imagine doing anything as *daft HERE? Brrr!
    they do that down on bournemouth beach,skinny dipping on new years day or is it xmas day?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

I can imagine how you really feel this is my first ever xmas away from home so it is a bit sad and i terribly miss pasko sa pinas.

But still... hope you have a happy christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by etoile23 View Post

I can imagine how you really feel this is my first ever xmas away from home so it is a bit sad and i terribly miss pasko sa pinas.

But still... hope you have a happy christmas!
    awwwww, it is hard but i am sure you will have a good time. it is a bit different from the way we celebrate xmas back home.

i hope you have a happy xmas too.

bah humbug

Best part of Xmas is stuffing the turkey
    Keith - Administrator

Banned

Our Pasko is still the best. Christmas is really magic there. No money but when Chritmas comes, they have some and they are happy when opening their gifts. We have always family reunion and party games when I'm home.

Will not agree if they don't miss their family back home.
    I wish me and hubby will come home on Christmas.

Christmas somewhere hot and sunny is terrible()I used to hate the champagne and steak BBQ's on Repulse Bay beach()swimming and walking along the sand were boring()I much prefer grey skies,damp air,and the chance of cold rain like we have here in the UK()I am sending some people money this afternoon,one of them is using it to buy a christmas......COW(only in pinas)???Who was it who said its better to give than receive?I think they were referring to something like leprosy or sarcoptic mangeI think its better to receive than give(except those diseases mentioned)but I am getting nowt(unless I buy it for myself)as Ian says................BAH!HUMBUG!(Merry christmas everyone).

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    bah humbug
    what now?

your homesick again,are you?

Quote Originally Posted by September View Post
    your homesick again,are you?
    kinda, but preparations for my 2 month trip back home july-sept 2010 is in full swing started to buy gifts for my family.. cant wait

what now?
    Xmas is almost here again and I haven't finished paying for last xmas yet.

Respected Member
    My first Christmas in 8 years in the UK this time, with Marvie and Angel. Now they are excited about that prospect, i'm dreading the cold weather, the snow, the rain, the i want this and that tantrums........

Christmas in the Philippines is good, especially with a lechon baboy roasting over half an oil drum full of coals :-) mmmm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information