Thread: Sign Up and Get Some Perks

Hello Everyone! I meant to post this under the 'Living in the UK' Tips/Advice Category but for some reason it is not possible (only the admin/old ones can explain) so, I have it here instead.

Been to many places abroad but there is nothing like the UK- in terms of shopping – of course, I am bias ! Countries like France, Germany, Spain and Canada offer samples, I am not sure if they also offer loyalty cards. Here in the UK, almost all shops has it. And this is what this is all about.

The next time you go to these shops, ask for loyalty card, they will be happy to give you one. Ask the staff how it works. It is FREE, just sign up. Time to time you will receive offers and invitation.

Obviously, this is for you if you are not aware (yet). It would be good to be rewarded being a regular customer, so take advantage!

Take note of big discounts most shops offer from 20%, 30%, 50% discounts. Some offer 3 for 2 Mix and Match, Buy 1 Get 1 Free / Buy 1 Get the other ˝ Price. Sometimes it is disppointing after a day or two, the sutff you bought is down 50% ... ... It won't hurt to wait at times.

Anyway, here ...

1. Starbuckscard (Free whipped cream/syrup)
    2. Boots Advantage Card
    3. Harrods Rewards
    4. Asiamiles (If you are Cathay Pacific Flyer)
    5. Body Shop Love Your Body
    6. Crabtree & Evelyn – Preferred Customer
    7. Debenhams – Beauty Club Reward Card
    8. Tesco Club Card Points/Sainsbury’s Nectar

No Card but they do offer big discounts

1. Costa Coffee (Loyalty Card)
    2. Café Nero (Loyalty Card)
    3. Superdrug
    4. Mark & Spencer
    5. John Lewis/Waitrose
    6. L’occitane VIP member (Ask the Staff)
    7. Nando's

For sure there’s a lot more … just mentioned the ones I know so well. And other threaders can add to it …

Loyalty card schemes allow companies to gather data on people which is then sold. The data is worth more to the companies than the rewards given.
    If you are happy for this data to be "out there" thats fine (I am not), but don't complain about government data loss, and spam, when you have willingly handed over the same details to companies.

And yet if you don't collect them then you are throwing away money, as you are paying for them. Same as airmiles, if you don't collect them you are still paying for them every time you buy a ticket..... and I've got enough for another free flight to the US
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Further instructions on how to get the "Big Discounts" at Marks & Spencers, Waitrose and John Lewis would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Further instructions on how to get the "Big Discounts" at Marks & Spencers, Waitrose and John Lewis would be appreciated
    Use a brick and keep the engine running
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Use a brick and keep the engine running
    Or ask a Scouser to do if for you.....oh Keith..I didn't see you there

Quote Originally Posted by el capitan View Post
    Loyalty card schemes allow companies to gather data on people which is then sold. The data is worth more to the companies than the rewards given. If you are happy for this data to be "out there" thats fine (I am not), but don't complain about government data loss, and spam, when you have willingly handed over the same details to companies.
    Hello el capitan! Thanks for your sharing. That is a good point and you're quite right there and most will think the way you do. me, on the other hand will enjoy what is offered to me ... ... I do have different emails/details given though :-) ... There is something for real transactions and for merchants only trqansactions ... ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Hello Dedworth! M&S has coupon (if that is how you call it) - that is distributed in store. It is not much but their offer is good if you buy theirs like we do! With Waitrose/John Lewis, I only know that they mark down prices every now and again, so if you can hang and do shopping a bit later, you will get at much much lower cost ... In fact, most shops to that. Happy shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    And yet if you don't collect them then you are throwing away money, as you are paying for them. Same as airmiles, if you don't collect them you are still paying for them every time you buy a ticket..... and I've got enough for another free flight to the US
    Hello Win2Win! True ... got a lot of miles I can travel to Europe but no way will I ever claim it bec I will have to pay for the taxes. So instead, I claimed the points for Oyster card and Tower of London Tickets for two ... still a good one! :-) and I have more. I can even give my points to Charity if I want to ...

Orange Mobile Offer

Hello again! Just would like to add orange mobile ... Orange mobile users probably know this already ... Their Orange Wednesdays offer is very good if you're are into watching movies/films. Read deal 2 tickets for the price of one ...

Thread Information