Over the almost 2 year period I've been a member of this wonderful forum, I have often sat bemused as I read many posts where husbands had discussed the concept of tampo.

Tampo, for the uninitiated among us, is an amalgamation of oftentimes cultural behaviour in the Philippines, where a woman (invariably) actively witholds affection, cheerfulness and other pleasantries from a person who has injured her feelings - most commonly the husband. Some Westerners may try to translate it as sulking but anyone who has experienced it will certainly consider the term 'sulking' inappropriately narrow.

Anyway, I was bemused as I had not experienced it in all the years I have known my queen. Well, recently my beautiful wife lovingly introduced me to the cultural 'tamporal' (new word) delight, in order to fuel my cultural appreciation and in direct recognition of subtantial errors of judgement on my part. Not learning as quickly as I should have from the first bout, my wife gave me a second dose within the same week.

So now, I can confirm that I am a new man and will not be using my laptop whilst watching X-Fator and nor will I be checking my email while in bed. I now have my darling wife back and am eternally grateful to her enveloping me with this cultural gift.

I'm sure I'll err from to time, I'm a man afterall but will I need a second helping of tampo to secure results that should have been seen after the first? I don't think so.

In parting, i'll leave you with a recently coined addage: Once tampoed, twice shy!!!