Thread: A Sad question...

A Sad question...

Why some people died before or on christmas day.One of my colleague has just passed away this morning and I feel so sorry for the family and my college friend`s great grandma passed away at the age of 105 that`s an unusual age in PI.Some people died earlier than that on their late 80`s probably but back to my question when someone dear to you died on that day I dont blame them if they say Bah Humbug! on christmas day.You might not want to celebrate Christmas because everybody`s rejoicing and yet you`re in pain and no one understand.My deepest sympathy to those who loses their love ones on this special month.I hope and pray that the pain will slowly ease...
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
    Why some people died before or on christmas day.One of my colleague has just passed away this morning and I feel so sorry for the family and my college friend`s great grandma passed away at the age of 105 that`s an unusual age in PI.Some people died earlier than that on their late 80`s probably but back to my question when someone dear to you died on that day I dont blame them if they say Bah Humbug! on christmas day.You might not want to celebrate Christmas because everybody`s rejoicing and yet you`re in pain and no one understand.My deepest sympathy to those who loses their love ones on this special month.I hope and pray that the pain will slowly ease...
    My condolences to your colleague's family mrsdaddy, must be sad to loose a loved one just few days before xmas,
    when its suppose to be the time where family and relatives gather to celebrate this festive occasion.....
    So for everyone who lost some loved ones on this occasion, bah humbug indeed....and my deepest sympathy to them as well....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Ah ... Wheela, good question! Why, indeed? There seems to be no rhyme nor reason for it. And it's a real test of faith!

For ME, too, the festive season is a time of mixed emotions.

My father passed away on January 8, 1989 ... followed less than 3 years later [exactly a week before Christmas 1991] by my first wife, after a prolonged illness. Then, shockingly, my mother died very suddenly in the midst of family celebrations at the end of millenium year.

But things were put in perspective only a couple of days ago ... when I read of a mother and her two young sons being tragically killed in a road accident north of Aviemore, whilst on their way to deliver Christmas presents to grandparents in the Highlands. I didn't KNOW the victims personally - even though they'd lived locally - but nonetheless I was stunned by the news ... the more so because I'd just returned from a Boys' Brigade Council Meeting at which special prayers were offered on behalf of the grieving husband and father. Turned out the lads had both been prominent members of the organisation ... and their mother, a helper.

In conclusion, I want to add how sorry I am to learn about the deaths of the people YOU'VE mentioned. May the 'Season of Goodwill' live up to its true meaning for you and yours ... in spite of the doom and gloom!

Arthur

its really hard to understand why they passed away on the season of celebration.my auntie died a week ago.they already put christmas decors in their house after she was discharged from the hospital.its so sad and painful coz she was ok then and suddenly she's gone.sometimes only God knows why He needs to take a love one on the day we should celeberate His birth.the only comfort we could cling on is she is happily resting with our Lord.

Banned
    I suddenly feel sleepy with your thread Wheela. :reaper::reaper::reaper:

That's life Wheela! Our dear Lord will claim back our life anytime, anywhere,anyhow.

Sadly to others and sorry about your friends.
    They said heaven is beautiful.

One time, I got bad comment about my hubby's job.
    She said, my hubby's job is so dangerous, prones to accident as he always on the road.

I said, why my Tatay, he was just sleeping and didn't wake up.

If you watch the news about the baby at train station, baby died a month ago, she was in her troley, suddenly train hit the troley with baby inside and died.

That was shocking! I'm scared of train sometimes.

Cheer up Wheela. Goodnight!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    My condolences to your colleague's family mrsdaddy, must be sad to loose a loved one just few days before xmas,
    when its suppose to be the time where family and relatives gather to celebrate this festive occasion.....
    So for everyone who lost some loved ones on this occasion, bah humbug indeed....and my deepest sympathy to them as well....
    Its so ashame they`ll supposed to be celebrating chritmas but they`re sorrows overpowered them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Ah ... Wheela, good question! Why, indeed? There seems to be no rhyme nor reason for it. And it's a real test of faith!

For ME, too, the festive season is a time of mixed emotions.

My father passed away on January 8, 1989 ... followed less than 3 years later [exactly a week before Christmas 1991] by my first wife, after a prolonged illness. Then, shockingly, my mother died very suddenly in the midst of family celebrations at the end of millenium year.

But things were put in perspective only a couple of days ago ... when I read of a mother and her two young sons being tragically killed in a road accident north of Aviemore, whilst on their way to deliver Christmas presents to grandparents in the Highlands. I didn't KNOW the victims personally - even though they'd lived locally - but nonetheless I was stunned by the news ... the more so because I'd just returned from a Boys' Brigade Council Meeting at which special prayers were offered on behalf of the grieving husband and father. Turned out the lads had both been prominent members of the organisation ... and their mother, a helper.

In conclusion, I want to add how sorry I am to learn about the deaths of the people YOU'VE mentioned. May the 'Season of Goodwill' live up to its true meaning for you and yours ... in spite of the doom and gloom!

Arthur
    I am so sorry for your loss Arthur even though its been a long time but I know you misses them in this time of year and for the family you`ve mentioned my deepest sympathy to the love one`s left behind.We might don`t know the answers of all these things hapenned but God has.
    Quote Originally Posted by estherboaz View Post
    its really hard to understand why they passed away on the season of celebration.my auntie died a week ago.they already put christmas decors in their house after she was discharged from the hospital.its so sad and painful coz she was ok then and suddenly she's gone.sometimes only God knows why He needs to take a love one on the day we should celeberate His birth.the only comfort we could cling on is she is happily resting with our Lord.
    Sorry to hear your loss.I hope and Pray she`s in the arms of Lord God!
    Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    I suddenly feel sleepy with your thread Wheela. :reaper::reaper::reaper:

That's life Wheela! Our dear Lord will claim back our life anytime, anywhere,anyhow.

Sadly to others and sorry about your friends.
    They said heaven is beautiful.

One time, I got bad comment about my hubby's job.
    She said, my hubby's job is so dangerous, prones to accident as he always on the road.

I said, why my Tatay, he was just sleeping and didn't wake up.

If you watch the news about the baby at train station, baby died a month ago, she was in her troley, suddenly train hit the troley with baby inside and died.

That was shocking! I'm scared of train sometimes.

Cheer up Wheela. Goodnight!
    Sorry for the boring thread ate pen.That`s life indeed move in its mysterious ways

Banned
    my sister (our youngest) died on 23rd of decemer 2007... it was a sudden death, so it's very diffucult till now.. she died of an asthma attack.. we were on our way home from the farm (it's in a remote area therefore no big hospitals nearby) when she had her attack... we were still laughing and had a wonderful time swimming in the brook in our farm.. then came her attack when we were walking to the car... she asked if we can pass by the health center as she needs a nebulator.. her spray is not helping her breath apparently... the health centre's oxygen tank and nebulator are both defective.. oh well, i don't want to relieve it all again... so so painful to remember her dying in my arms...

she's our youngest and she's naturally sweet... very thoughtful, loving and caring... she loves christmas and she always decorates our christmas tree and helps me cook christmas dinner for the family...

after her death, our christmases are never the same... the christmas tree wasn't up for christmas 2008 as my mom doesn't want to celebrate it... we just went straight to bed after attending mass... but before i left for the UK, i made sure the christmas tree is up this year as we have our little 3-year old nephew running about the house and would like to experience christmas... i just hope that my mom didn't bring it down when i left for the UK...

oh well... such is life.. onward we all go after a tragedy...

Florge, I'm so sorry to read your post. It's always particularly harrowing when a young person dies unexpectedly. At least my parents were elderly, and my first wife had been in poor health for many years ... sad though those losses were!

I do hope your mom keeps the Christmas tree up ... for the wee boy's sake!

yes,its very unfortunate when anybody passes away at any time of year.

i guess at christmas,it just makes it seem worse.

sadly there will be many unexpected deaths in the run up to christmas and the new year

we should just try to support those who are in need
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

My nephew is 16,bit of a ladhas no fear of authority,I have sat in on police interviews with him as his "Responsible adult" several times,he likes a bit of a fight etc,but he cried on tuesday,two days ago his best friend was buried,17 years old,he had hung himself 2 weeks ago when transferred from Feltham young offenders down to an establishment in Dorset,waste of a kids life,but thats just it,with death its not a case of "If" but when,its inevitable,we all have a known birthday but none of us have a certain death day,try not to dwell on it :reaper:

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Florge, I'm so sorry to read your post. It's always particularly harrowing when a young person dies unexpectedly. At least my parents were elderly, and my first wife had been in poor health for many years ... sad though those losses were!

I do hope your mom keeps the Christmas tree up ... for the wee boy's sake!
    Hi Arthur, yeah it is sad. She was 24, and had so many dreams. Top student in law school too...

My mom just told me that they're planning to put up the christmas lights at the gate today... I'm glad... they're expecting their grandson's visit soon...

That is a very sad story Florge...very hard for you & your family.

Tawi's story too.

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    my sister (our youngest) died on 23rd of decemer 2007... it was a sudden death, so it's very diffucult till now.. she died of an asthma attack.. we were on our way home from the farm (it's in a remote area therefore no big hospitals nearby) when she had her attack... we were still laughing and had a wonderful time swimming in the brook in our farm.. then came her attack when we were walking to the car... she asked if we can pass by the health center as she needs a nebulator.. her spray is not helping her breath apparently... the health centre's oxygen tank and nebulator are both defective.. oh well, i don't want to relieve it all again... so so painful to remember her dying in my arms...

she's our youngest and she's naturally sweet... very thoughtful, loving and caring... she loves christmas and she always decorates our christmas tree and helps me cook christmas dinner for the family...

after her death, our christmases are never the same... the christmas tree wasn't up for christmas 2008 as my mom doesn't want to celebrate it... we just went straight to bed after attending mass... but before i left for the UK, i made sure the christmas tree is up this year as we have our little 3-year old nephew running about the house and would like to experience christmas... i just hope that my mom didn't bring it down when i left for the UK...

oh well... such is life.. onward we all go after a tragedy...
    I am so sorryIt must be very upsetting for you and for your family.I hope time would heal the wounds
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    yes,its very unfortunate when anybody passes away at any time of year.

i guess at christmas,it just makes it seem worse.

sadly there will be many unexpected deaths in the run up to christmas and the new year

we should just try to support those who are in need
    I know
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    My nephew is 16,bit of a ladhas no fear of authority,I have sat in on police interviews with him as his "Responsible adult" several times,he likes a bit of a fight etc,but he cried on tuesday,two days ago his best friend was buried,17 years old,he had hung himself 2 weeks ago when transferred from Feltham young offenders down to an establishment in Dorset,waste of a kids life,but thats just it,with death its not a case of "If" but when,its inevitable,we all have a known birthday but none of us have a certain death day,try not to dwell on it :reaper:
    That`s a shame same as you said Tawi2 its a waste of life

The time to worry is when the oddly dressed guy carrying a scythe is knocking at your door and you realise you dont have any grass to cut as you live on the 12'th floor of a tower block or something similar :reaper:An old lady once told me death is god coming down to harvest people as he has places vacant in heavenI really do hope when its my turn he is like those Blackpool guesthouses with "No Vacancies" signs displayed in the window

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

xmas has been a sad tiome for me for years ,always seems to be something to make me depressed on the run up to it. last year i didnt even feel like getting out of bed on xmas day,but you have to keep going for the kids. xmas day 2000 i had a call from cheltenham hospital my mother wouldnt last the night could i come in next day so i said yes. what they really wanted me for was to get my permission to take her off life support, which i did. my wife was very sorry but she admitted to having an affair and was leaving me great xmas !! this year will be the best in more than ten years by far, i hope you all have a great festive season

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    The time to worry is when the oddly dressed guy carrying a scythe is knocking at your door and you realise you dont have any grass to cut as you live on the 12'th floor of a tower block or something similar :reaper:An old lady once told me death is god coming down to harvest people as he has places vacant in heavenI really do hope when its my turn he is like those Blackpool guesthouses with "No Vacancies" signs displayed in the window

Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven View Post
    xmas has been a sad tiome for me for years ,always seems to be something to make me depressed on the run up to it. last year i didnt even feel like getting out of bed on xmas day,but you have to keep going for the kids. xmas day 2000 i had a call from cheltenham hospital my mother wouldnt last the night could i come in next day so i said yes. what they really wanted me for was to get my permission to take her off life support, which i did. my wife was very sorry but she admitted to having an affair and was leaving me great xmas !! this year will be the best in more than ten years by far, i hope you all have a great festive season
    I am sorry to hear all that but as you said you`re fine now as the saying goes there`s light at the end of the tunnel

that's life, isn't it?
    all things are possible!

indeed ate bing ...

I'd like to offer my condences also Amiga. My dear and bolved father died in December just after his birthday. My sister in law and a brother in law died around that time also. It's never a good time to have a loss like that. I remember mother teresa and Diana were dominating the news and I was thinking my world had just fallen apart and yet there was nothing in the news apart his passing.

Seeing my very young nices and nieces running around and playing let me know that no matter what we have to live our lives and just get on with it.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Banned
    well, the good thing about dying is... you'll never worry about what food to cook or clothes to wear or if you get sick or not...

my life coaching mentor once told me that the reason why people are scared of dying is because they haven't prepared for it... so, better live today as if it's the first and last day of the rest of your life... being that, how would you like to live it?

Trusted Member
    Many reminders in these posts about the mixed emotions Christmas brings. As a pathologist I conducted postmortem examinations, maybe 10,000 in my career, and I've survived into retirement ! As they say in the Philippines, "bahala na" , be aware of others' misfortunes, count your blessings, and enjoy life (but try to live a healthy one, yes, I would say that!!).
    Maligayang pasko to my new friends on the forum ....ALAN

I remember my uncle passing suddenly with heart attck on xmas eve afternoon in the high street, and my father died 5 jan, my thoughts are with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    well, the good thing about dying is... you'll never worry about what food to cook or clothes to wear or if you get sick or not...
    Always look on the bright side eh Florge?
    Keith - Administrator

My next door neighbour died last night peacefully in hospital, age 84, had terminal CA anyway, but they suspect heart attack/thrombosis. Just got back from telling the other neighbours. 5 jan is the 10 year anniversary of the old man passing over.
    I got wind of being made redundant early next year after 13 years service (oh dear, 20k in me sky rocket and all that time on my hands what where can I possibly travel to? hint hint )
    Elderly cat from next door needs to be "cared for" at the vets because there is no-one to look after her, and is not well anyway so difficult to re-home.
    What else was it?oh yeh, I remember, me mother has a suspected serious rodent problem so we have had the council out to put down bait for euthanasisa, and have had to remove all the bird feeders to help with the pest control programme.
    My sillybitch sister is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike during all this, and I can't get me own motorbike fired up for work tomorrow, so it's an overnight battery recharge and I still might have to get the train, be late in and have to work saturday to make the time up.
    But apart from that everything's fine!
    Happy holidays everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Pete67 View Post
    My next door neighbour died last night peacefully in hospital, age 84, had terminal CA anyway, but they suspect heart attack/thrombosis. Just got back from telling the other neighbours. 5 jan is the 10 year anniversary of the old man passing over.
    I got wind of being made redundant early next year after 13 years service (oh dear, 20k in me sky rocket and all that time on my hands what where can I possibly travel to? hint hint )
    Elderly cat from next door needs to be "cared for" at the vets because there is no-one to look after her, and is not well anyway so difficult to re-home.
    What else was it?oh yeh, I remember, me mother has a suspected serious rodent problem so we have had the council out to put down bait for euthanasisa, and have had to remove all the bird feeders to help with the pest control programme.
    My sillybitch sister is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike during all this, and I can't get me own motorbike fired up for work tomorrow, so it's an overnight battery recharge and I still might have to get the train, be late in and have to work saturday to make the time up.
    But apart from that everything's fine!
    Happy holidays everyone
    They say that these things come in 3's. More like 30's for you mate. Hopefully next year will be a lot better for you and you will get yourself over to the Philippines as well - Hopefully the good things come in 30's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveTalaga View Post
    They say that these things come in 3's. More like 30's for you mate. Hopefully next year will be a lot better for you and you will get yourself over to the Philippines as well - Hopefully the good things come in 30's as well.
    Thanks Steve I do hope so, a nice Filipina lady in her 30s coming (into my life hahahaha) sounds just right for me!

Thanks Steve I do hope so, a nice Filipina lady in her 30s coming (into my life hahahaha) sounds just right for me!
    Hi Pete - Is that now happening or just on the wish-list?

Hi Pete - Is that now happening or just on the wish-list?
    Hi Steve, just starting to connect with a few ladies via facebook, early days yet..

Hi Steve, just starting to connect with a few ladies via facebook, early days yet..
    Good luck mate - 2010 could be a wonderful year for you.

Good luck mate - 2010 could be a wonderful year for you.
    Thanks Steve there are some really nice women out there, I mean generally not just Phils, virtually given up on English women now but will stay open-minded about it...

Thread Information