Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hairless armpits.....

Respected Member pacificelectric's Avatar

Hairless armpits.....

My gf from Davao told me that the first time she menstruated, her mother applied (cold) ashes over her armpits so her hair there would not grow and.. it worked! She promised herself she would do the same with her daughter, but her daughter was too shy to report her first menstruation and now... she needs to shave!! Anyone heard of that (apparently successful) ashes thing?????

lol i never heard of that does it work on other areas of the body too!!!

jj

They don't naturally grow much hair there anyway, if any for a lot of folk.
    Keith - Administrator

There is so much folklore & superstition in the Philippines.

Yes, and apparently lots of quack doctors as well!

Quack doctors and Hilots are everywhere in pinas,the power of auto suggestion,try and find clips online of the supposed pinoy psychic surgeonsAs for body hair?They sure arent the most hirsute of races,I have known several adult ladies who had no body hair below the neck whatsoever That includes bolbol.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I admit we've got loads of folklore or beliefs in the Philippines but havent heard of that one though.. but there's no harm in trying eh..

Oddest one I ever heard was if a woman got up and had a little jiggly type dance immediately following sex she wouldnt get buntis Oh,and having sex with a pregnant woman would give the child dandruff when its born And dont have a shower immediately you get home from work or excercise or you will have a stroke or go blind

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    go blind
    There is an activity here, folklore says you will go blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Salsal?

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Hmmm.... thought you would mean "deaf"......

Hairless armpits

Bear with me ... ... we talkin' 'bout BARE OXTERS here ... or what??

Respected Member
    Oddest one I ever heard was if a woman got up and had a little jiggly type dance immediately following sex she wouldnt get buntis Oh,and having sex with a pregnant woman would give the child dandruff when its born And dont have a shower immediately you get home from work or excercise or you will have a stroke or go blind
    Yep heard that one before, the dandruff would result in serious nakakahiya, hence thou shall't not copulate late in pregnancy (without a condom )

My mother was Irish and Catholic and had a similar range of insane superstitions, she was born in 1919 though, long time ago in UK cultural terms (I was a late baby).

So much of the Philippines reminds me of my own upbringing in a not terribly rich 3/4 Irish Catholic family in Scotland

Jim

Respected Member
    Heard both of those too

Jim

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Yep Arthur, I doubt the ashes had anything to do with the lassie being hairless in later life

Jim

Unlike Japanese women, Filipina's don't have a very Mairy Hinge
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by pacificelectric View Post
    My gf from Davao told me that the first time she menstruated, her mother applied (cold) ashes over her armpits so her hair there would not grow and.. it worked! She promised herself she would do the same with her daughter, but her daughter was too shy to report her first menstruation and now... she needs to shave!! Anyone heard of that (apparently successful) ashes thing?????
    whew i never heard of this but what about shaving the legs
    all things are possible!

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    whew i never heard of this but what about shaving the legs
    I'll get my razor....what's your address?
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I'll get my razor....what's your address?
    thanks boss but i got mine
    all things are possible!

My lola said if soemone is hairy especially in private part he/she is (UWAGAN).

ohhhh i mean HAIRLESS....(UWAGAN)

Quote Originally Posted by ca143 View Post
    ohhhh i mean HAIRLESS....(UWAGAN)
    Really Is that plain old uwagan or mangi-uwaganTheres always an old tree,banyan or similar in most villages,the old people say if you sleep beneath one the spirit of the tree comes and inhabits your body or sucks out your brains I fell asleep on a beach once and was told it was very dangerous as the mermaids could have came from the sea and taken me beneath the waves I saw St Elmos fire in a mangrove swamp on siquijor and was told it was the "Fairies"

Quote Originally Posted by ca143 View Post
    My lola said if soemone is hairy especially in private part he/she is (UWAGAN).
    haha they said but nice and fresh lol
    all things are possible!

I think nice and fresh kalbo private parts would make a person feel uwagan Wheres this thread leading

Quote Originally Posted by pacificelectric View Post
    her mother applied (cold) ashes over her armpits so her hair there would not grow and.. it worked!
    Explains why my brother has a bold head. Then again he is a chimney sweep!
    :Yesterday was history.Tomorrow is a mystery.Today is a gift.This is why it is called"The present!"

I think nice and fresh kalbo private parts would make a person feel uwagan Wheres this thread leading
    Not sure, but something is definitely starting to smell fishy
    Keith - Administrator

Urggghhhhhhhh

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Don't know if this enhances my reputation as a student of anatomy, but "oxter" is from the old English "oxta / ohsta" meaning armpit or axilla ; it's used mostly in Scotland but also northern England and Ireland. I believe it's "kili-kili" in Tagalog.
    A fascinating thread !

According to my good lady, there is a saying, that if a woman has no hair under her arms or in the 'ahem' 'cough' region, then she may not be contented.

...I just looked up the word UWAGAN http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcsa1...eature=related

You would be surprised how many oriental women have no body hair in the "cough" region sim,and some who do actually have hair have no curl in it,just straight and silky to the touch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information