Thread: I Got My Spouse Visa finally!

I Got My Spouse Visa finally!

God is so good indeed. I was so worried the past few weeks, thinking that I will get a refusal. But I was determined that whatever happens, I will lodge my visa come what may.

One of the reason that i have doubts is my accomodation. My husband resides in his grandmothers house. He resides there alone for the past 6yrs. Grandma lives with his sister. And his sister holds the power of attorney of their grandmother's property. She only made a letter stating that my husband resides there since 2001. So much for the help. She refused to make a letter stating that i am welcome to stay in the house. So with my husband's cover letter, he explains that there was no formal rent agreement in writing and that i will be residing in that house.

And the last one of my worries, was his bank statement. Knowing full well of his bank account status, he also explains in his letter, address to the embassy, that he has providing me an allowance every month. He also stress out that he has a regular job for 2yrs now.

We enclosed all the western union receipts since 2004, all the phone bills statement since 2005, his 6mos payment slips, his employment certificate, his bank account statements, about 25 photos of us, his inland revenue last 2007, his phone bill statement with his phone number and address shown. I also included his birth certificate. Our marraige certificate from nso, my son's birth certificate, his letter address to the embassy. And that's it!

I lodge my application last Nov. 27th and my visa was approved last dec. 29th. I got only notified via sms last monday, Jan. 4th! And i got my visa yesterday! Finally, my prayers are answered! And Thank you everyone for all the tips and advises. It certainly helps me a lot!!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee31 View Post
    God is so good indeed. I was so worried the past few weeks, thinking that I will get a refusal. But I was determined that whatever happens, I will lodge my visa come what may.

One of the reason that i have doubts is my accomodation. My husband resides in his grandmothers house. He resides there alone for the past 6yrs. Grandma lives with his sister. And his sister holds the power of attorney of their grandmother's property. She only made a letter stating that my husband resides there since 2001. So much for the help. She refused to make a letter stating that i am welcome to stay in the house. So with my husband's cover letter, he explains that there was no formal rent agreement in writing and that i will be residing in that house.

And the last one of my worries, was his bank statement. Knowing full well of his bank account status, he also explains in his letter, address to the embassy, that he has providing me an allowance every month. He also stress out that he has a regular job for 2yrs now.

We enclosed all the western union receipts since 2004, all the phone bills statement since 2005, his 6mos payment slips, his employment certificate, his bank account statements, about 25 photos of us, his inland revenue last 2007, his phone bill statement with his phone number and address shown. I also included his birth certificate. Our marraige certificate from nso, my son's birth certificate, his letter address to the embassy. And that's it!

I lodge my application last Nov. 27th and my visa was approved last dec. 29th. I got only notified via sms last monday, Jan. 4th! And i got my visa yesterday! Finally, my prayers are answered! And Thank you everyone for all the tips and advises. It certainly helps me a lot!!
    Congratulations!!!

Prepare yourself for the cold snowy England!!!

thank you! xx

Dee ... allow me to be one of the first to offer heartiest Congratulations! Given your husband's (dare I say ... "precarious") circumstances, as regards the accommodation issue ... and the precious LITTLE help he received from his sister ... it just goes to show that [his] honesty turned out to be "the best policy" (as the saying goes)!

Quote Originally Posted by adam&chryss View Post
    Congratulations!!!

Prepare yourself for the cold snowy *England!!!
    ... or Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland!!!

congrats sis...welcome to snowy uk...

Congratulations - what a start to the new year - enjoy

@ Arthur Little. Thank you. Indeed, he has to explain everything in his letter. Direct and simple. And honest. It was risky and i will not be surprise if it get denied, but still we sent his 6mos bank account statement with an almost zero balance. He didn't elaborate in his letter regarding of his savings. He only state that he has a regular job for 2yrs now. And the accomodation was given me a headache. But to my relief, it is all in the past now. I have prayed so hard and God answered.

estherboaz. Thank you sissy. I will be going next month pa. I need to get my son his passport muna. xxx

justchecking. Yes. Thank you. It was a nice christmas present. And a good way to start the year. I am so looking forward to be with him. Finally!

Banned
    wiiiiiiiii... congrats!

One of the reason that i have doubts is my accomodation. My husband resides in his grandmothers house. He resides there alone for the past 6yrs. Grandma lives with his sister. And his sister holds the power of attorney of their grandmother's property. She only made a letter stating that my husband resides there since 2001. So much for the help. She refused to make a letter stating that i am welcome to stay in the house. So with bmy husband's cover letter, he explains that there was no formal rent agreement in writing and that i will be residing in that house.
    i think somebody at the embassy gave you a nice xmas pressie

not that it matters any more but does his grandma still have her mental capacity ? if she does then why didn't he ask his grandma to sign the letter saying you can stay there ?

Congrats!

Congratulations !!!

congrats to you!

when are you looking to get here because we have snow everywhere and your going to freeze
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Congratulations! to you both.

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    wiiiiiiiii... congrats!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i think somebody at the embassy gave you a nice xmas pressie

not that it matters any more but does his grandma still have her mental capacity ? if she does then why didn't he ask his grandma to sign the letter saying you can stay there ?
    lol Yes indeed! A nice christmas pressie!

Yes, she still does. I sometimes spoke with her on the phone, and she always keep asking about my son and his health. Bless her. But then my favourite sis in law, does not want mommar to sign the letter. She said she takes care of her property now. I just received a word from her yesterday, that i need to tell my husband to find an apartment quick if i am going to be there soon. So much for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Durkhaima View Post
    Congrats!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Congratulations !!!
    Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    congrats to you!

when are you looking to get here because we have snow everywhere and your going to freeze
    Thank you!! xx

I know. Hopefully next month. I hope i won't freeze!

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Congratulations! to you both.
    Thank you Sim11uk!

Smile

congratz to you dee31
    CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

But then my favourite sis in law, does not want mommar to sign the letter. She said she takes care of her property now. I just received a word from her yesterday, that i need to tell my husband to find an apartment quick if i am going to be there soon. So much for the welcome
    Hmmmm? Your sister in-law sounds like a real charmer????

Congratulations, Dee! well-done
    "When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."~ Unknown

Congratulations Dee
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Congrats! Don't forget to bring winter clothes, freezing COLD here now.

lol Yes indeed! A nice christmas pressie!

Yes, she still does. I sometimes spoke with her on the phone, and she always keep asking about my son and his health. Bless her. But then my favourite sis in law, does not want mommar to sign the letter. She said she takes care of her property now. I just received a word from her yesterday, that i need to tell my husband to find an apartment quick if i am going to be there soon.

does his gran know about what his sister has said to him ?
    you say she has power of attorney - how long has she had this power of attorney ? has his gran ever mentioned that his sister has power of attorney to him ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    you've not met my sister

Congratulations Dee31!!

... or Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland!!!
    It is in England my friend. Nuneaton, Warwickshire x

congratz to you dee31
    Thank you Pumpkins! xx

Oh yeah she is Sim! xx

Congratulations, Dee! well-done
    Thank you D&G! xx

Congratulations Dee
    Thank you Liane! x

Congrats! Don't forget to bring winter clothes, freezing COLD here now.
    I'll do that, thank you! xx

does his gran know about what his sister has said to him ?
    you say she has power of attorney - how long has she had this power of attorney ? has his gran ever mentioned that his sister has power of attorney to him ?
    I don't know how long has she been Momars POA. I guess when Momar lives with her 8yrs ago. But at 90yo, Momar hardly cares about her properties.

Congratulations Dee31!!
    Thank you @ Simonline

Congratulation..Have safe trip.
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Congratulations dee, you must be felling over the moon.Safe journey and if your anywhere near Scotland in the near future your very welcome up here in Glasgow.

Thread Information