Quote Originally Posted by STU3UK View Post
Thankls for all your help and advice guys.

Ive been thinking about this a lot and know I think I am going to apply for the Visa in June, before the baby is born. It would be fantatsic to be there when the baby is born but then also I would be able to support her much more befor the baby is born by being with her.

My only concern I have with the Visa Application now is about Bank Statements, by applying in June it will probably mean I could only supply Bank Statements for 5 months. Would this be a problem?

I would have all necessary funds in the Bank Account and able to provide Savings Account Statements for a year.

In the mean time i m going to look into the Marriage Ceremony in Phil.

Thanks
You say you are to apply for the Visa in June. If your Girlfriend is to be heavily pregant when will she be able to travel?

Just be careful as you need to be careful with the date the visa is isued and the date you enter the uk for the first time.

It can cause a lot of headaches with applying for ilr two years after your soon to be Wife visa stamp was dated and you dont enter the uk for a few months.

Also applying for the marriage ceremony takes time, please make sure you counter all these variables into your planning.

Also do stress both on the application form and in cover letters etc that you want the visa to start on a certain date.

We put a date on the visa which was when i planned to go back and hopefully my wifes visa application was sucessful and completed by then. But they just put the days date it was approved. This should not cause us any problems touch wood as it was only a week and a few days but it could of