Thread: Proposed increases to visa fees

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member

Proposed increases to visa fees

It's that time of year again when they announce the proposed new fees as of the 1st April 2010.

If introduced the main ones that will hit people here are settlement visas up from £585 to £644, FLR PEO up from £600 to £650, ILR postal up from £820 to £840, ILR PEO up from £1020 to £1095 and Nationality up from £640 to £655 (+ £80 for the ceremony). Surprisingly FLR postal remains the same at £400.

If though you need a visa for a dependant relatives (I presume retired parents or dependant children) there are some quite scary increases. Settlement Visa up from £585 to £1680, ILR postal up from £820 to £1680, and ILR PEO up from £1020 to £1930.

The scariest one though is Mobile Biometric Enrolment & Case-working Premium+ (whatever that is...) up from £0 to £15K

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/aboutus...ws&id=21602506

omg..im about to apply my fiancee visa..im still waiting for the papers of my fiance..hope it will come soon...well thats rules..but huhuhu...

it's time everyone paid, just as the biritsh citizen has to, time to charge the europeans, assylum seekers and all the others who don't have to pay for what ever reason

Noooooooo way...my hubby will be grumpy again ..he hates paying the money to blood sucking leeches

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    The scariest one though is Mobile Biometric Enrolment & Case-working Premium+ (whatever that is...) up from £0 to *£15K

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/aboutus...ws&id=21602506
    ... *£15,000? ... THAT can't be right, surely! Could you elaborate, please ...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... *£15,000? ... THAT can't be right, surely! Could you elaborate, please ...
    From what I can tell it's a new service to have the BIA visit you for gathering biometrics, etc rather than you having to go to the PEO. Only the seriously rich would pay it and I presume as the BIA have added the service they must have had a few enquiries in the past.

Oh my god!!! Got to find job ASAP so I can help my hubby for the ILR fees. I hope they will still postpone it.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishbride View Post
    Oh my god!!! Got to find job ASAP so I can help my hubby for the ILR fees. I hope they will still postpone it.
    I think it's certain these fees will be introduced on the 1st April. Applying for ILR by post will only be £20 more if you apply after the 1st April which is not that bad.

Admittedly it's not good that it's over £820 now...

so all the hard saving for spouse visa starts agin immediately for ILR - well at least I've been warned - who knows my not get that far anyway....

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by justchecking View Post
    so all the hard saving for spouse visa starts agin immediately for ILR - well at least I've been warned - who knows my not get that far anyway....
    ... it DOES seem that the British Government is doing its damndest to make the goal for decent, genuine couples in LDRs as difficult and unattainable as it can ... financially, at any rate! Yet, the scum that [somehow] manage to infiltrate our borders, and are responsible for wreaking havoc with terrorist atrocities - like the London Underground Bomb attack, and many more - sometimes aren't even deported when "brought to justice", for fear their "human" rights are violated.

But that's ANOTHER story ...

Respected Member
    Any fiancees/spouses who have arrived in the UK in the last six months or are yet to arrive won't actually be applying for ILR as it will be replaced in July 2011. No indications yet for what they are going to charge for the new system.

Hi darren-b - that's interesting to know, i had seen a passing mention of this before, but assumed it was speculation on new government changes, i know they're talking about capping numbers - where would I track developments on this - Home office web maybe?

thanks again

Respected Member
    Hi darren-b - that's interesting to know, i had seen a passing mention of this before, but assumed it was speculation on new government changes, i know they're talking about capping numbers - where would I track developments on this - Home office web maybe?

thanks again
    The new rules became law mid last year, but won't take affect until July 2011. No caps as far as I am aware at the moment, though there will be more hoops to jump through. BIA/Home Office web site is the official source of information.

Thread Information