Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any real football supporters out there :-)

Any real football supporters out there :-)

Or are you all gloryhunting Manure,Chelski etc lol ???

Banned
    yep you'll find most football fans on here are nowhere near the clubs they support. I was born in Liverpool so thats my excuse for supporting the mighty reds

i first started supporting liverpool one week before the 1988 fa cup final..and we all know how that went...i have seen some good time..and some bad times...in the last 21 years....i wud say overall....not great.....but the phoenix will rise again......liverpool till i die...l.i.v.e.r.p.o.o.l.4.e.v.e.r.
    POWER TO THE PEACEFUL. MABUHAY IRELAND AND PHILIPPINES

Quote Originally Posted by belfast_dude View Post
    i first started supporting liverpool one week before the 1988 fa cup final..and we all know how that went...i have seen some good time..and some bad times...in the last 21 years....i wud say overall....not great.....but the phoenix will rise again......liverpool till i die...l.i.v.e.r.p.o.o.l.4.e.v.e.r.
    I thought you might reply to this Belfast dude lol, i support Palace my local team, very few glorytimes but funnily enough some of the best against Liverpool.
    I went to Anfield in 89 when you beat us 9-0 i was quite drunk and being no scoreboard at Anfield then, i thought we only lost 7-0 was shocked the next day to read that we lost 9-0 lol.
    Was also at the semi final in 90 when we beat you 4-3 to score 1 was amazing but to score 4 against a Liverpool side that was all conquering is something i will never forget and also all the Liverpool fans afterwards congratulating us on the win.
    Was at Anfield in 91 when we won there for the 1st time with Geoff Thomas getting the winner and at Anfield when we beat you in the cup in 2003 i think it was

Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    yep you'll find most football fans on here are nowhere near the clubs they support. I was born in Liverpool so thats my excuse for supporting the mighty reds
    Will always be easier supporting Liverpool than Palace lol, sometimes the few glorys would outway the always winning things
    Times may be sparce at the moment but i am sure Liverpool will be up there challenging again soon

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyH View Post
    I am a Ipswich fan so you can count me as a real fan then

I support Liverpool as I was born only 2 miles away, but also Everton since my great great grandad was the manager in the late 1800's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everton...892%E2%80%9393 (One day I may edit this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Elliott_(footballer)
    Keith - Administrator

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

Oldham Athletic here. Actually, I am looking forward to a decent season in League 2 next year!

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    I am a Ipswich fan so you can count me as a real fan then
    Nice one Darren what do you think of Keane?
    I cannot stand him, a nasty piece of work on and off the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Oldham Athletic here. Actually, I am looking forward to a decent season in League 2 next year!

Al.
    Hi Alan,

The Latics nice one, my 1st ever kit i wore was as a 5 year old as my godmothers son played for Oldham in the 70s, his name was Carl Valentine

Hi Alan,

The Latics nice one, my 1st ever kit i wore was as a 5 year old as my godmothers son played for Oldham in the 70s, his name was Carl Valentine
    My Fiance is from Cebu and her sister works in Mandaue City

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I support Liverpool as I was born only 2 miles away, but also Everton since my great great grandad was the manager in the late 1800's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everton...892%E2%80%9393 (One day I may edit this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Elliott_(footballer)
    Hi W2W,

You sure your a football fan supporting bith the red and blue of merseyside lol

Hi W2W,

You sure your a football fan supporting bith the red and blue of merseyside lol
    Well during derby matches no segregation, we are all one
    Keith - Administrator

Respected Member
    Before he cane here I probably had the same opinion of him as you, mainly because of his previous connections with man u.

Though surprisingly I've grown to like him quite quickly, mainly because of his dealings with the local press - very honest and at times quite amusing.

How your club's finances at the moment? There's one or two of your players we may be willing to take off your hands for the right price!

Man utd and proud of it supported them all my life,but born in harrogate.

Hope you not going to suggerst I support Leeds

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lestaxi1 View Post

harrogate, thats pretty close to manchester for a manutd fan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    harrogate, thats pretty close to manchester for a manutd fan
    Not only is Harrogate up North it's a lot nearer to Mancland than the hardcore supporters in Guildford

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    Before he cane here I probably had the same opinion of him as you, mainly because of his previous connections with man u.

Though surprisingly I've grown to like him quite quickly, mainly because of his dealings with the local press - very honest and at times quite amusing.

How your club's finances at the moment? There's one or two of your players we may be willing to take off your hands for the right price!
    Probably a bit like me with Warnock, couldnt stand his rants and moaning but now love hum lol

Quote Originally Posted by lestaxi1 View Post

I thought you would of swopped to Leeds after they knocked you out of the cup lol at least you have stuck to a northern team, just baffles me the amount of Londoners who support either manu or Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Not only is Harrogate up North it's a lot nearer to Mancland than the hardcore supporters in Guildford
    Ha ha ha very true, or Norway or Hong Kong

I thought you would of swopped to Leeds after they knocked you out of the cup lol at least you have stuck to a northern team, just baffles me the amount of Londoners who support either manu or Liverpool
    Never,but since they held spurs our defeat looks more respectable now but still gutted

Being a Spurs fan I have had my ups and downs, home and away season ticket holder although most of the away tickets are sold on for face value or passed on for nowt for those away games I cant make but keener fans who wanna go.

Tottenham have a large support up north and from Ireland/Norway who have the longest trips which cost a fortune and most of their spare time. My Hat goes off to them Rarely do these fans leave 5-10 mintues early either which really gets up my nose for those who almost live round the corner and no pressing need to get home

Used to follow my local non league side home and away had some great trips one game up north our small group was the only away fans as the others had transport troubles and we had gone up a few days with our girlfriends a few days before for a long weekend.

I feel for the fans who never/rarely get to see their team in the flesh although plenty of times i wish I could of switched off the view
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

keane...has no honour or loyalty.....walking out on ireland...maybe he had a good point...but a bad way of showing it po....if he was so concerned about the teams accomadation or training camps...he cud have stuck his hand in his own pocket...but little minded roy think he is bigger than his country....and yes he was a thug too
    POWER TO THE PEACEFUL. MABUHAY IRELAND AND PHILIPPINES

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

Hi Andy - thanks for that. Yes, I remember Carl - a good, strong player he was too. That was back in the good old days, when we WEREN'T a Sunday pub football team!! Division 2 here we come!

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Hi Andy - thanks for that. Yes, I remember Carl - a good, strong player he was too. That was back in the good old days, when we WEREN'T a Sunday pub football team!! Division 2 here we come!

Al.
    ManU, Liverpool & Portmouth may join you in a few years
    Keith - Administrator

Newcastle United fan, Geordie from birth. need I say more !!
    JOHN and VANESSA

super saints

love is blind, as any true football supporters know. good bad or indifferent they are the only one for you. Fishing on the Hampshire Avon, we gathered together to talk football and lined up Saints, West Brom, West Ham, chelsea, and the Chelsea fan apologized, saying I've supported them all my life HONEST!!
    I met a Korean recently who told me "I support Man U and Liverpool" HOW?? anyone who knows their footie knows that's an impossibility, or is that called hedging your bets..

THE FUTURE'S BRIGHT THE FUTURE'S RED AND WHITE

Quote Originally Posted by arkwright View Post
    love is blind, as any true football supporters know. good bad or indifferent they are the only one for you. Fishing on the Hampshire Avon, we gathered together to talk football and lined up Saints, West Brom, West Ham, chelsea, and the Chelsea fan apologized, saying I've supported them all my life HONEST!!
    I met a Korean recently who told me "I support Man U and Liverpool" HOW?? anyone who knows their footie knows that's an impossibility, or is that called hedging your bets..

THE FUTURE'S BRIGHT THE FUTURE'S RED AND WHITE
    I totally agree,you can only truly support 1 team,the team thats in your blood but you can admire others.
    I have always like teams what play football arsenal,west ham few years ago,spurs.
    Unfortunately apart from arsenal those teams don't win much but play attractive football,(oh yes keegans newcastle days were good to watch too)

fidelity

M8 you are so right, when Man U Celtic Spurs etc are playing I support the british team if man u play chelsea, may the best team win.. My best team the Liverpool side that did the treble league European cup and league cup don't know year but better achievement because European cup knock out..

Quote Originally Posted by arkwright View Post
    M8 you are so right, when Man U Celtic Spurs etc are playing I support the british team if man u play chelsea, may the best team win.. My best team the Liverpool side that did the treble league European cup and league cup don't know year but better achievement because European cup knock out..
    I support any british team except liverpool can't help it the rivalry is too great

There are few liverpool fans who will wish united well

I do not agree with the knock out therory being easier at all,If you look back at one of the years liverpool won it they played some very average teams, to get to the final they played crusaders,trabzonspor,saint ettiene,zurich,and borussia monchengladbach in final

Thats a total of 5 teams!
    The best team in a season has to be man utd 1999,cleague,premiership and fa cup the 3 big ones never achieved before or since in england.

This should create a debate!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information