Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
I don't think students should be allowed to bring their dependants here with them and even if they do allow them to come here, I don't think that either students or their dependants should be allowed to work during term time full stop. It's far too tempting to see it as a way to come to the west and work and it's why the system is so often abused. Even when they are only allowed to work 20 hours a week, their families back home may still have expectations which no doubt leads to study taking second place to working.
Iain.
its not just bringing their dependants, its what they can do once here, switch btw who is the dependant, and by switching visa's from tier 2, student visa and tier 1 and managed to stay here 10yrs and apply for ILR.

i've seen a few people claim under the 10yr rule, because they've been a student for 10yrs how can a student afford at least £5k a year in international fees for 10yrs ??

or once their visa is running out, apply for a COA and wed a eastern European to stay here. if they want to marry and stay in the UK, the student should have to go back to their own country and apply for a spouse visa, same as us brits, and if they have a bad immigration record they should get the same punishment as a brit and not just forgotten because their partner is a European exercising thier treaty rights.. it's all a 2 immgration systems in 1 country