a rough copy. but something like this should do..

Tele: +44 hubbies tele number____________________________________your hubbies address

________________________________________________________________ xx/xx/2010

British Embassy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx

Letter of support for XXXXXXXXXXXXX who is currently applying for a settlement visa.

Dear Sir/Madam

This is a letter of support for my wife XXXX who is currently applying for a Settlement visa, and I am pleased to be the principal sponsor. In this letter I hope to cover the main points required for my wife to obtain a settlement visa.

Circumstances of meeting:

I have known my wife XXXX for xx years and we married in xxxxx 200x. We first met online thru/using ..... blah blah blah..

Financial Position:

I am a British citizen, residing at the address above, and at present I am employed in a secure job at XXXXXXXXXXXX, an expanding company, as a XXXXXXXXXXX , (please see attached letter from my employer and a copy of my contract of employment).

I have substantial savings in my bank, Please see attached bank statements, savings account, shares, blah blah

Also my wife is a qualified XXXXXX and intends to seek employment on arriving in the UK which will further increase our income.

This leaves my wife and me very confident, that we can now, and in the future, as we have in the past, take excellent financial care of our family, without any recourse to public funds.

Our accommodation in the UK:

I own/rent/ the above address, and as the property has X rooms, the house would not be classed as overcrowded if my wife lived there with me, evidence you own or rent it. pictures of the rooms, letter from landlord giving permission wife can live there etc

Our relationship at present:

your plans for the future... blah blah and more blah

I am very familiar with the role and obligations of visa sponsorship and of the Home Office expectations in this undertaking, and as I am employed and my wife intends to seek employment, It is realistic that my wife would not need recourse to public funds, as if we ever faced major financial difficulties, my family would provide assistance so recourse to public funds would never be necessary.

I hope the facts and evidence provided enables you to grant my wife a settlement visa to live in the UK.

Thank you for your consideration.

Yours Faithfully

XXXXX