Thread: CFO next month

CFO next month

I am planning on traveling to Manila next month to be with my wife now that she has got her Spouse Visa. She hasn't hasn't done her CFO Seminar yet as she doesn't like to travel to Manila on her own but wants to do it when I get there so as I can be with her and then we will travel back together to the UK after a few days.
    I notice that there are two separate locations where she can attend, SMEF-COW in Aurora Avenue and PRISM in Taft Avenue, has anyone any experience as to what is the most convenient?
    On the CfO Website under Checklist of 'Requirements for Attendance to Guidance and Counseling Program' it states '4. Other documents as may be required by the counselors'. Not being physic I just wondered what these documents may be?
    As we are on a tight schedule I don't want any delays or worries, so any up to date advice would be appreciated.

I recently had my CFO seminar at PRISM in Taft Ave. last week because that location was convenient for me and I am familiar with the area. Some says it is convenient for them in SMEF-COW so it is important to consider where you will be staying in Manila.

The requirements they asked me was xerox copies of NSO birth and marriage certificate, NBI clearance, and some photos of me and my husband. But it would be better to give them a call first.
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by aidaaida View Post
    I am planning on traveling to Manila next month to be with my wife now that she has got her Spouse Visa. She hasn't hasn't done her CFO Seminar yet as she doesn't like to travel to Manila on her own but wants to do it when I get there so as I can be with her and then we will travel back together to the UK after a few days.
    I notice that there are two separate locations where she can attend, SMEF-COW in Aurora Avenue and PRISM in Taft Avenue, has anyone any experience as to what is the most convenient?
    On the CfO Website under Checklist of 'Requirements for Attendance to Guidance and Counseling Program' it states '4. Other documents as may be required by the counselors'. Not being physic I just wondered what these documents may be?
    As we are on a tight schedule I don't want any delays or worries, so any up to date advice would be appreciated.
    Well in my case, I went to SMEF- COW in Quezon city. The staff were friendly and helpful. As far as I remember, they just asked me two valid ID's. My passport and my Driver's license they didn't asked any Picture but better to bring one with you. Oh, and they will asked your Mother in laws Maiden name so better ask your hubby. Goodluck!

Quote Originally Posted by liane View Post
    I recently had my CFO seminar at PRISM in Taft Ave. last week because that location was convenient for me and I am familiar with the area. Some says it is convenient for them in SMEF-COW so it is important to consider where you will be staying in Manila.

The requirements they asked me was xerox copies of NSO birth and marriage certificate, NBI clearance, and some photos of me and my husband. But it would be better to give them a call first.
    Thanks for that. I have found the Century Park Hotel which looks to be near near to Prism so I will book that for a couple of nights. Is it best to get there early in the morning in case there are many applicants?
    Just need to pay for the airline tickets now

Quote Originally Posted by aidaaida View Post
    It just depends on the counselor that deals with her...... they might ask for something like your great grandmothers baptismal certificate..... they just make it up as they go along.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    It just depends on the counselor that deals with her...... they might ask for something like your great grandmothers baptismal certificate..... they just make it up as they go along.
    I never leave home without it
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Respected Member

Qualifications

Hi folks,

I am happy to say that my lovely fiance is with me now in the UK

She had her CFO at the SMEF- COW in Quezon city

She enjoyed the experience, and made some new friends, though was nervous. She was the only girl on the day with a UK visa, most were USA bound. USA Visa is only 6000 pesos by the way :O

One question that was asked that we had not anticipated was regarding my qualifications.

One of the questions on the paperwork as ked her to detail what my college/uni qualifications are eg course title & what level.

They also asked the mothers maiden name question.

She found the staff helpful

Good luck

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    The CFO were hung up on the age difference between me and Shei of just 4 years. They will find something, it seems, to question you on. Congrats.

does the CFO certificate/sticker- whatever it is have a timespan or is it open>??

and has anyone ever been refused it ?

Thread Information