Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: for british husbands :)

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar

for british husbands :)

we are going back home in july for a month, question is, what would you call reasonable spending money over there? my hubby and i were talking about our previous trips and the money we have spent on each trip, and i was like...... i didnt realize my spending was that much i want to be fair on hubby this time, well i will certainly try to
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post
    didnt realize my spending was that much i want to be fair on hubby this time,
    By not going with him...???

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    By not going with him...???

or he can stay here and look after our dog!
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

we are going back home in july for a month, question is, what would you call reasonable spending money over there? my hubby and i were talking about our previous trips and the money we have spent on each trip, and i was like...... i didnt realize my spending was that much i want to be fair on hubby this time, well i will certainly try to
    What is a resonable amount of spending money when your going back to Phils in my experience depends largely on what your family expect of you and how understanding they are. There is always an expectation with regard to pasalubong when you go back but over and above that it depends largely on both what you want to do while your there yourselves and also how much you will be expected to treat the family.

where you stay and eat could have the biggest impact
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    What is a resonable amount of spending money when your going back to Phils in my experience depends largely on what your family expect of you and how understanding they are. There is always an expectation with regard to pasalubong when you go back but over and above that it depends largely on both what you want to do while your there yourselves and also how much you will be expected to treat the family.
    the pasalubong is taken care of, its just the amount i spend there, when my hubby told me, i thought it was a bit excessive i do not do anything spectacular.... i just dont get how i spent all that money on a single trip

Are you staying with family, or in Hotels etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Are you staying with family, or in Hotels etc.?
    hotels, my hubby likes to relax at night, and we all love our hot showers...

Respected Member
    25 php for a Grande San Mig :-) Ten of those a day for hubbie and he'll be fine, 250 php per day :-) No need for anything else.

Be fair and let him have that holiday in Japan(or wherever) he always wanted (sometime)...we don't want our holiday to be Philippines every time..

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    25 php for a Grande San Mig :-) Ten of those a day for hubbie and he'll be fine, 250 php per day :-) No need for anything else.
    i wish that was true

Respected Member
    It depends what you want to do. I'm always amazed at how much stuff you can see and do in the Philippines cheaply compared to other countries. A holiday there is definitely good value!

We don't usually stay in fancy hotels or waste our money on silly things, but we always make sure that we've got enough money to do what we want.

There would be nothing worse than getting home and regretting not doing something on grounds of cost.

Spend what the hell you like, hubby can't say anything till you get back then it's too late anyway
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Spend what the hell you like, hubby can't say anything till you get back then it's too late anyway
    i feel guilty already, i wish i didnt ask how much i spent the last time we were home

Respected Member
    As has been said; it's so easy to spend a lot in the Philippines, but then its very easy to spend a little. You can live well or you can live luxuriously

Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    Be fair and let him have that holiday in Japan(or wherever) he always wanted (sometime)...we don't want our holiday to be Philippines every time..
    i asked him where he wants to go and he told me wherever i want to go is ok with him

i notice no one has typed a figure...i will bring £2000....but i need to get things when i am there...visa stuff
    POWER TO THE PEACEFUL. MABUHAY IRELAND AND PHILIPPINES

Quote Originally Posted by belfast_dude View Post
    i notice no one has typed a figure...i will bring £2000....but i need to get things when i am there...visa stuff
    finally a figure i really must start looking at what i spend when i am on holiday coz i am way off 2k

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    finally a figure i really must start looking at what i spend when i am on holiday coz i am way off 2k
    You spent way more than £2k?!

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    You spent way more than £2k?!
    yeah SEB way more

Respected Member
    yeah SEB way more
    How long was the holiday?

Respected Member
    You can't look at someone elses figure and think that yours is unreasonable without knowing how your trips compared.

We went to the Philippines last year for a month and spent way more than £2k. But that included a stopoff in Singapore on the way, a few days in Boracay, hotels all the time, and a hire car for some of the time. Also my wife hadn't seen her family for almost 2 years so she did treat them whilst we were there.

Banned
    My husband is like Santa Claus if he's on holidays and I'm bit of tight as everything is budgeted. Hubby is a one day millionaire and I am opposite so I prefer to go alone.

Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    How long was the holiday?
    our last holiday was 3 weeks jim, and i spent the 4k cash i was given by my beloved, he paid for the hotels, and i also spent a little on our credit card i am so bad, i am having to think of ways to cut down on mah spending

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    You can't look at someone elses figure and think that yours is unreasonable without knowing how your trips compared.

We went to the Philippines last year for a month and spent way more than £2k. But that included a stopoff in Singapore on the way, a few days in Boracay, hotels all the time, and a hire car for some of the time. Also my wife hadn't seen her family for almost 2 years so she did treat them whilst we were there.
    i just needed a rough figure on how much others would spend, and asking friends and people here on the forum, makes me think there is something seriously wrong with me

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    My husband is like Santa Claws if he's on holidays and I'm bit of tight as everything is budgeted. Hubby is a one day millionaire and I am opposite so I prefer to go alone.
    you have to give me tips on how to budget penny

Banned
    I'm going for a couple of months, and hoping I can get by on about £500 a month, but we'll see

i am having to think of ways to cut down on mah spending
    From a guys point of view (and remember we don't understand women!) I'll take a stab in the dark here.... stop buying stuff!!
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    My husband is like Santa Claws if he's on holidays and I'm bit of tight as everything is budgeted. Hubby is a one day millionaire and I am opposite so I prefer to go alone.
    Santa "Claws", Penn ... you mean like THIS? :bluegrab: ... no wonder he's a 1-day millionaire!

Banned
    you have to give me tips on how to budget penny
    I usually send Balikbayan box 2 months before my holiday. Ask them what they want and try to buy.
    What I have saved + hubby additional is what I need to budget as I don't want to be in debt before or after my holidays. Husband will help but as much as possible, I don't want to ask.
    I have my own in Pinas so no need hotel or other bills.
    My expenses is only SM for groceries and meat.
    I usually have my two sisters with me at SM and told them our budget for today is not sky is the llimit.
    No need to buy veggies and rice as we have loads of them at farm.

Goodluck on your holiday Maria. You are so lucky
    I am planning to have my holiday in Rome on July or September.
    spend my Christmas in Pinas if no worry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information